papa lazarou

2014 Roadtrip – vs Lions – Official application thread

I am delighted to advise that this year's Road Trip is confirmed as follows:

Date: Sunday 23rd November 2014 - 1300hrs
Venue: Gillette Stadium
Vs: Detroit Lions

Applications should be made to mrs laz who will co-ordinate the application process for the UK.

(papa lazarou will be the Patriots point of contact for the purchase of the block of tickets.)

Here are the rules for applying for tickets for this year’s roadtrip from the UK. Please only apply for the trip if you are serious about attending!

Roadtrip Rules:

- Maximum 2 tickets per initial application.
(You may express an interest in more than 2 tickets in case eventual availability permits – we will keep a reserve list.)

- £112.00 deposit per ticket paid upfront in full now
Includes: cost of $150 ticket, contribution towards the tailgate

- Important Note: payment of deposit does not guarantee ticket assignment and acceptance of deposit does not constitute a contract to supply tickets. If we can’t get enough tickets the unlucky applicants will receive a full refund. Should demand outstrip supply and we need to prioritise applications, factors such as sustained board activity and contribution to site funding will be taken into account. All final decisions will be taken by the mods.

- Drop-outs are non-refundable: We will attempt to sell drop-outs but make no guarantee of this OR you can try to sell on to someone from this board. Tickets MAY NOT be re-sold on ebay or any other public auction site or to non-members of this board. Note: Tickets are only made available to us on gameday at the stadium itself.

- To be accepted for the roadtrip, you must be a full registered member of UKPatriots.com fanclub. If not already a full member, please PM jaco for details on how to become a full member.

What to do NOW – applications to be received by Friday 13th June.

Send PM via UKPatriots to mrs laz, with the following details:

a. Number of requested tickets (max 2)
b. Name
c. Home Address
d. Telephone number
e. Email address
f. Payment method: cheque or bank transfer (note – all transfer fees at cost of sender – please add).
g. Confirm acceptance of the above Roadtrip Rules

mrs laz will PM back with the appropriate details for payment.

Send payment for £112.00 per ticket to be cleared by 20th June LATEST. At the same time, send PM to mrs laz to confirm payment has been sent.

Once payment funds are received, mrs laz will confirm back by PM and your name will be on the initial list.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm going to be a very late application for this years trip if at all.

I've just been hit with my 4th redundency notice is 6 years so very unsure if i can make it.

Would love to of course but everything is up in air at the moment.

Handed in a holiday form at work, 50/50 for me being able to make it as its the busy season at work (had to call in a few favours to go on the trip last year)

Hopefully will be able to, even if i just make a Fri-Mon trip :)

Guest dave45

I'm unlikely to make it this year (again :( ), as this year my main holiday will be in Normandy, France (70th anniversary of D-day).

Originally voted for the Raiders 21/9 game because the appeal of visiting the U.S. during a season other than winter swung it, I have only been twice during the winter months. My holiday form already submitted fingers crossed no one is off already, (stupid rule of only having 1 person off in our department at work)

I've just been hit with my 4th redundency notice is 6 years so very unsure if i can make it.

Sorry to hear, hope things settle down for you soon.

You too? Sorry bud. :(

Great choice of game. Sale at Netflights =£433.

Guest tupper29

Would like to go but currently I'm due to work that saturday and cannot take that as leave. I need to wait for some people to get back off holiday to see if any of them will swap a saturday with me and cover my standby.

I voted and was excited to go. However a new house and a wedding to save for means I will have to postpone my inaugral RT.

I will have to settle for the Jags v Cowboys game at Wembley.

Guest sanj2000

I voted for the September Raiders game - which I definately would have gone to - but am still undecided about the Lions game, although I probably won't go in November, as I will be seeing the Lions play the Falcons at Wembley in October.

But for those going, good prices at the moment - on Kayak, I found Swiss/Air Canada £401 with 1 stop each way; or Icelandair (via Reykjavik) £418, but you get 2 checked bags included instead of the usual 1.

Hmm only have 3 days of holiday left for this year, I'll see if I can get Friday-Tuesday off. Depends entirely on who else has booked time already at work. I will make a RT one year!

Just thought, managers away this week and I'm away next so probably won't know until the 9th-10th.

Edited by Simon89

I voted for the September Raiders game - which I definately would have gone to - but am still undecided about the Lions game, although I probably won't go in November, as I will be seeing the Lions play the Falcons at Wembley in October.

But for those going, good prices at the moment - on Kayak, I found Swiss/Air Canada £401 with 1 stop each way; or Icelandair (via Reykjavik) £418, but you get 2 checked bags included instead of the usual 1.

If you're flying out Thursday, back Monday you can do it for for 357 on the Swiss/Canada combination (plus the chance to buy some of the best macarons in the world at the Luzemburgli shop in Zurich airport).

Right guys & girls due to my current job situ I'm not going to be able to make it this year but I hope you have a great time with out me

That's rough mate. I was in the same place as you this time last year. Fingers crossed that you find something soon and join the trip as a late reserve.

Would love to go again this year, but unfortunately wouldn't have been able to make it on either weekend. Hopefully next year!

That's rough mate. I was in the same place as you this time last year. Fingers crossed that you find something soon and join the trip as a late reserve.

Thanks!!! This time its looking much more final than previous times. Already started looking for other work & pretty confident i'll be able to get myself sorted

Sad to say I won't be able to make it this year either. I'll really miss the tailgating and atmosphere and would love to see the Revis vs. Megatron battle in person but will have to settle for a beer and small screen this time round.

Payments received so far:

Glasgowpat (Neil)

Ratnoir x 2 (Alex)

Cjohnson03 (carl)

Warren

Payments pending:

waspie

DG31

I'm unable to make it this year due to another person at work already booked the time off but working on things for another game somewhere / somehow. Plus it was great meeting some of you at last years RT, a great experience I'll never forget hopefully I'll be more outgoing / talkative if I'm lucky to go again with you. Enjoy the game to those who are going!

Hi All, This is Steve (Gilletteboy) and a i have question; do you all make your own way to Foxboro and meet up there at a pre-game tailgate, or do some of you group together and book flights together ? I have been to Foxboro twice before with a group of friends, both times we stayed in Boston and went to Gillette on the gameday special fan train from Boston South Station. This time though i would be on my jack jones, so i'm hoping that at least one group of you is organising flights together from Heathrow or another London Airport. P.S. One other quick question is if the deposit is 112 pounds per person what is the final cost ? Regards to all of you.

Hi All, This is Steve (Gilletteboy) and a i have question; do you all make your own way to Foxboro and meet up there at a pre-game tailgate, or do some of you group together and book flights together ? I have been to Foxboro twice before with a group of friends, both times we stayed in Boston and went to Gillette on the gameday special fan train from Boston South Station. This time though i would be on my jack jones, so i'm hoping that at least one group of you is organising flights together from Heathrow or another London Airport. P.S. One other quick question is if the deposit is 112 pounds per person what is the final cost ? Regards to all of you.

people book there trip by themself. all UKP do is facilitate the tickets and arrange a tailgate. we do however if you wish to normally stay in a hotel close to the stadium and go down in as few cars to the stadium. as soon as we get final number the hotel will be contacted but the trip is up to you what you do outside of the day of the game.

. One other quick question is if the deposit is 112 pounds per person what is the final cost ? Regards to all of you.

Hi Steve - this amount is the final amount and covers the ticket and contribution towards the group tailgate. Please read the rest of my response to your PM.

Please bear in mind also that no-one is guaranteed any ticket at this point. This will be confirmed at the end of the application period as detailed in this thread (see closing dates).

As Warren says, we just faciliate the ticket purchase and tailgate which is kindly hosted by good friends in Boston. Have a look at the old threads on roadtrips to get a better idea of what else goes on.

If you're flying out Thursday, back Monday you can do it for for 357 on the Swiss/Canada combination (plus the chance to buy some of the best macarons in the world at the Luzemburgli shop in Zurich airport).

£380 for Friday to Tuesday from LHR (catch MNF in Boston?) via Delta with one change & a brief stop.

I have contacted with the Courtyard Norwood and rooms are all set for the RT weekend. The contracted cost for a Queen/Queen room is $129.00. I do have flexability for the number of rooms. I currently have 12 rooms set aside. If anyone finds that another Hotel can do better for the $$, I can cancel the contract without penalty.

As a possible alternative, I have contacted the Hampton Inn just down the street from the Courtyard in Norwood. They have a few amenities that the Courtyard doesn't have, all complimentary - Full hot Breakfast, Shuttle Service to/from local Restaurants and Shopping. They also have a full service restaurant on the premises - Kennedy's Public House (with a full choice of brews). It is located on an 18 hole Golf Course. I'll check it out.

Trip Advisor rated the Hampton Inn #1 in Norwood while the Courtyard was rated #4, They are willing to match the price of $129 for Queen/Queen rooms for the weekend.

Any comments?

Edited by husky71

I have contacted with the Courtyard Norwood and rooms are all set for the RT weekend. The contracted cost for a Queen/Queen room is $129.00. I do have flexability for the number of rooms. I currently have 12 rooms set aside. If anyone finds that another Hotel can do better for the $$, I can cancel the contract without penalty.

As a possible alternative, I have contacted the Hampton Inn just down the street from the Courtyard in Norwood. They have a few amenities that the Courtyard doesn't have, all complimentary - Full hot Breakfast, Shuttle Service to/from local Restaurants and Shopping. They also have a full service restaurant on the premises - Kennedy's Public House (with a full choice of brews). It is located on an 18 hole Golf Course. I'll check it out.

Trip Advisor rated the Hampton Inn #1 in Norwood while the Courtyard was rated #4, They are willing to match the price of $129 for Queen/Queen rooms for the weekend.

Any comments?

Sounds like a cool alternative Howard, of course we have been using the Courtyard for a number of years now, but I personally wouldn't object to a change of scenery, especially if there was added bonuses for the same price! Be interesting to hear a few more opinions on the subject.

Sounds like a pretty good find Howard. The on-site bar would be a hit, especially if they can show other games. There tended to be room gatherings after the Pats game to watch the late games. I would go with a change of venue.

This Norwood hotel is located on an 18-hole golf course, a short drive from many popular sites, and offers comfortable accommodations and a variety of modern and thoughtful amenities.

After a restful night's sleep on the Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood's signature Cloud Nine beds, enjoy a free hot breakfast. At the end of the day, relax in the indoor pool or work out in the state-of-the-art fitness centre.

With the Norwood Country Club and golf course located directly behind the hotel, guests at the Norwood Hampton Inn can always find something to do. Gillette Stadium, home to American Football's Patriots and Fenway Park, home to baseball's Red Sox are also nearby.

they had me at the free breakfast

just phoned the hotel they said the room rate is doubled if Aldo attends

they had me at the free breakfast

Yeah, it's the one thing I always thought let the road trip down ...... there's never enough decent food to eat before the game!! :blink:

just phoned the hotel they said the room rate is doubled if Aldo attends

I doubt he would even see that as a worthy challenge! :P

I've stayed at the hampton inn Norwood before for a game and can fully recommend. It;'s quite a big place but the free breakfast and the bar make it more than reasonable for a few nights.

Guest rosler28

What a great game and time of year for the RT. Hope all those who can make it have a great time - I'm afraid I have already exhausted the US road trip for this year.

Updated attendee status:

Glasgowpat (Neil)

Ratnoir x 2 (Alex)

Cjohnson03 (carl)

Warren

Payments pending:

waspie (graham)

DG31 (Paul)

honkforgronk x 2 (judy/rebecca)

D-Lo (danny)

As a reminder for anyone considering the trip, application process closes on this Friday, 13th June, with all payments to be received by the following Friday - 20th June.

Nedpears - Buddfox - Caecilius - you all voted for the Lions....... please note the dates above!

It looks like the RTers have changed Hotels.

Here's the deal with the Hampton Inn.

The cost for the Queen/Queen rooms for Saturday night is $119, for Sunday night is $129 (same as the Courtyard).

The Kennedy's Public House Restaurant and Bar is open until 1am so watching and enjoying late games is distinctlly possible.

http://norwood.kennedyspublichouse.com/

Any more comments?

Sounds good. Sports bar with a late license, breakfast buffet.... what's not to like?

:wacko: Don't like the sound of any of it cause I wont be going :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope that as only 12 are so far booked will not be interpreted that we don't want to come to the games in the future.

we get highs and lows. some people come every 2 years and lots came last year so expect a better show next year.

I would love to be going again this year, but daughters wedding in October and a trip to Skiathos this Friday for some summer sun for SWMBO, means that I must forego this years trip. :(

The things we men do (or don't do as in this case) for the women in our lives ;)

Well after seeing the lovely flight prices £260 return from Manchester I thought it would be rude to say no so i'm Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

wow- that is good...you got a link to that deal Jamie ?

I feel a last minute grovel telling the missus I'm going might be coming on too....

Guest tupper29

wow- that is good...you got a link to that deal Jamie ?

I feel a last minute grovel telling the missus I'm going might be coming on too....

Go on you know you want to and there is always a roomi mate if you need one to cut down the price a bit

Have been frantically searching all evening for flights- Jamie's got a real bargain, he PM'd me but the deal expired- cheapest I have so far is £358 via Iceland...the country, not the shop...

You going Tupper?- didn't see yr name on the confirmed list?

The prices has seemed to vary day by day so must of got very lucky with. My first roadtrip was the Bears game and I think that flight cost me £270 and the prices have been increasing ever since so I was very surprised to see that price.

For everybody else the site I use is www.kayak.com always seems to get good deals on it.

Updated list as we go into final application day tomorrow.

Glasgowpat (Neil)

Ratnoir x 2 (Alex)

Cjohnson03 (carl)

Warren

Tupper

D-Lo

Payments pending:

waspie (graham)

DG31 (Paul)

honkforgronk x 2 (judy/rebecca)

Buddfox (Tom)

Nedpears x 2 (Neil)

Jamie

Last day to apply. Any more for any more?