Sign in to follow this  
Vangelis

2014 Roadtrip - vs Lions - discussion thread (sponsored by Neils)

I'm good for accommodation (am sharing with Tupper) its a lift here n there that I need to arrange...

Ha ha ..take ear plugs !! ;-)

Aye- Tupper the Terrible can certainly hit the low notes with his ZZZZ's...! :o:unsure:

Must remember to pack me headphones...!! ;)

Anyone made any tentative plans for the Friday night?

party.gif Whiskeys? Pourhouse? Somewhere new....Wherever...?!

We'll be there on Thursday, probably Whiskeys for food, beer and (for what it's worth) the Chiefs - Raiders game in the background.

We'll be there on Thursday, probably Whiskeys for food, beer and (for what it's worth) the Chiefs - Raiders game in the background.

I was just coming here to post that exact same thing- I get in about 5.30, will go to hotel, check in and dump stuff and head out to stave off the time change, reckon I'll get to Whiskeys about half 8/9

I was just coming here to post that exact same thing- I get in about 5.30, will go to hotel, check in and dump stuff and head out to stave off the time change, reckon I'll get to Whiskeys about half 8/9

That's exactly my plan too...but on the Friday... ;)

is anyone else on the Icelandic air flight out of Heathrow on Friday...?

That's exactly my plan too...but on the Friday... ;)

is anyone else on the Icelandic air flight out of Heathrow on Friday...?

Yes, my Dad and I are on the Friday Icelandair flight out of Heathrow and then the 17.00 flight from Iceland (there is also a slightly later one that day too). We are down in Norwood on Friday night, but provided the flights are on time are planning to head to Whisky's for a beer and a bite to eat. My number will be on the list that Rat Noir is collating so we should be able to get in touch and meet up at the airport.

anyone else on BA flight next thursday 430ish from heathrow?

who in town thursday night for a welcome drink

I get in Thursday lunchtime. Probably hit a couple of craft beer bars (The Yard House or Lord Hobo's and almost certainly Bukowski's, as it's just around the corner) before joining whoever's in Whiskeys.

Bad news... Unfortunately have to cancel due to work emergency this weekend. Gutted.......

Bad news... Unfortunately have to cancel due to work emergency this weekend. Gutted.......

Oh no, that is bad news :(

Last call for anyone who wants to be included on the contact list, send me a PM with number and email. I'll send the list out on Monday.

Hello Alex - did you already send the list as I don't seem to have reveived it.

Many thanks, Neil.

:o:(

Vengelis- Whaaat...?! That's not good...Your work owes you massively.

Neil (NedPears) I will keep an eye out for you on Friday- no doubt I will be wearing something Pats related at the airports... :)

Neil (NedPears) I will keep an eye out for you on Friday- no doubt I will be wearing something Pats related at the airports... :)

Hey Neil - no doubt I will be too, so it should not be to hard to spot each other!

Guest tupper29

I will be there on Thursday, on the earlier flight from Warren at about 11:00. Not far from whiskeys so will head over there

i have signed up to vodafone world traveller costs 5 quid a day only when you activate it. means i can use data and mins over there

i know ill get calls so worth it but wifi in most places anyway

Be careful with it though, as unless you specifically activate it, if someone calls you, you'll get charged. Or so a customer told me in work. I've went for Three's feel at home service and got my O2 phone unlocked.

Be careful with it though, as unless you specifically activate it, if someone calls you, you'll get charged. Or so a customer told me in work. I've went for Three's feel at home service and got my O2 phone unlocked.

i have a text saying its active. so if i get charged i will sort them out

Gutted!!!

i have a text saying its active. so if i get charged i will sort them out

Fair enough, I was told (again, by a customer and they are generally....I couldn't say in a public forum) that you need to activate it every day.

That is pants. Hopefully catch up next year then.

To all those heading out across the pond over the next few days for the roadtrip, game, have a wonderful time. I wish we were coming too!

(and sorry to hear Van cant make it. Work sucks)

Contact list has been sent to those that responded. Any problems let me know and I'll send it again.

Thanks Alex.

Hope its brutally cold, Jamie :-)

Hey guys have a cracking time and make yourselves visable as we're the 1st game on sky, no streaking though :lol: :lol: :lol: bring back the W please

Does anyone have plans for the Saturday? If anybody's planning to head to the stadium to do the Prop Shop then rather on game day then, if there's room in the cars, I'd like to tag along.

I hope everyone has a good time and fingers crossed it doesn't go down to the wire like last years RT game or even like the Raiders home opener I saw in September!

The coldest weather since last March will grip the Boston area through the middle of the week.

Highs most days will be in the 30s F. Temperatures will plunge well below freezing at night. Temperatures typically range from a low in the upper 30s to a high near 50 degrees during the third week of November.

Factoring in wind and other conditions AccuWeather RealFeel® temperatures can be 20 degrees lower than the actual temperature at times.

The coldest weather since last March will grip the Boston area through the middle of the week.

Highs most days will be in the 30s F. Temperatures will plunge well below freezing at night. Temperatures typically range from a low in the upper 30s to a high near 50 degrees during the third week of November.

Factoring in wind and other conditions AccuWeather RealFeel® temperatures can be 20 degrees lower than the actual temperature at times.

Just what our Jamie likes. ;)

Have fun guys, stay safe, warm and winning. :)

Does anyone have plans for the Saturday? If anybody's planning to head to the stadium to do the Prop Shop then rather on game day then, if there's room in the cars, I'd like to tag along.

I'm probably heading out to Framingham to visit Jack's Abby brewery. One of the newer brewers on the local scene; they're getting some good write-ups. Train from Back Bay at 10:46

http://jacksabbybrewing.com/index.php

I've went for Three's feel at home service and got my O2 phone unlocked.

I'm on 3 and have had no problems at all using their service in the US. Note that whilst it's free to receive calls, and to call numbers in the UK, you will have to pay if you're calling US numbers.

Anyone made any tentative plans for the Friday night?

party.gif Whiskeys? Pourhouse? Somewhere new....Wherever...?!

If you fancy something a little more craft beerish, then def. Bukowski's before we hit Boylston. It's only 5 minutes away and has a much more interesting list. http://bukowskitavern.net/boston/current-draft-list/

Safe journey and have fun to all who make the RT.So jealous... ;-) probably not of the cold tbf. So good luck to Jamie in the cold.

Bring back the W!! Let's go Pats

Have a good time guys, wish I was coming along but having been at the Raiders game earlier this season funds just wont allow. Bring that W back

Hope everyone travelling tomorrow has trouble-free flights and will look forward to seeing you all on Friday night over a beer!!

Neil.

Cold, NOT! Maybe wet,YES!

Sunny, mid to low 40sF some am showers (40% chance), 12 mph winds from the SW. Should be an interesting game.

Mandy - you'll get yours when you go out to San Diego, maybe a monsoon. ;)

Edited by husky71

Seems Buffalo has had 6 foot of snow (2 metres for the young ones).

Have just seen there will be an F15 fly by before the game as part of the Salute to Service commemoration they are doing

Contact list has been sent to those that responded. Any problems let me know and I'll send it again.

That is pants. Hopefully catch up next year then.

Absolutely. Have fun and bring back the W!!

Sorry to see you wont be making it van, did you have your flights booked too?

At the airport, can't wait now!! Haven't been able to keep up the last few days I've had so much to do, so haven't really enjoyed the build up!

Sign in to follow this