Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots 2015 Superbowl Party (FULL)

This years Superbowl Party will once again be hosted by the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill on Sunday 1st February 2015

At this point in time, we have exclusive use of the Scarlett Bar, which following some alterations a year or so ago, has a max capacity of 30. Therefore, places will be on a first come basis (receipt of payment will be the determining factor).

Final details of exact cost & menu are still to be confirmed, but I would anticipate something very similar to last year, therefore, budget minimum of £30 per person. Remember that the SB & G charge a £10 per person door charge on superbowl night.

There is a Travelodge literally next door to the venue, but they don't seem to have any really tempting deals on at the minute (perhaps they've got wise to superbowl sunday). Other ones within a short distance of the venue have some rooms a bit cheaper, but nothing as silly as the £12 we saw a few years back.

£10 per person non-refundable deposit will be required by Monday 12th January, with the balance to be paid by Monday 19th January.

Remember, this event will take place whoever is in the Superbowl. If the Pats are there it's a bonus

Please indicate your interest here and also PM me for bank details to make payments.

Food is:

Cheese Nachos

Chicken Wings with Carrot & Celery Sticks and dips,

Burger in Ciabatta,

French Fries & a couple of BBQ Baby Back Ribs

List of Attendees

Swindon Patriot + 1 (paid in full)
Johnson03 (paid in full)
Patman + 1 (paid in full)
Dave45 (paid in full)
Rob@foxboro + 1 (paid in full)
mablc001 + 1 (paid in full)
Welsh Lancs Pat + 1 (paid in full)
Rat Noir + 2 (paid in full)
spirepower + 1 (paid in full)
Secret Tuna Fish (paid in full)
Simon89 (paid in full)
Buddfox (paid in full)
Grecian Patriot (paid in full)
Bradyisthegoat + 1 (paid in full)
Tupper (paid in full)
Warren + 2 (paid in full)
honkforgronk (paid in full)
Exwaspie (paid in full)
Damien (paid in full)
Stanley Morgan + 3 (paid in full)
Hanks (paid in full)
Jetgough + 1 (paid in full)

Wycombe Patriot (paid in full)

38 in total (will be a squeeze, but should be a great night)

Good job Mark.

I will be there. Not sure about Pam at the moment due to babysitting responsibilities.

Guest dave45

I'm in (already have the Monday booked off). I will sort out payment in the next few days. Please pm me the bank details.

I'll be there.

Now to look for a reasonably priced hotel

£74 is a bit much for the travelodge next door, one at Euston has rooms for £49. Haven't been able to do better than that nearby yet.

Edited by Simon89

We are out as the Mrs is travelling with work that weekend. Have fun. Always a legendary do (except for the 2007 edition which, as we know, did not take place)

Sounds good Mark. Will get onto Tony... Provisionally me + 1

Edited by Patsfanuk

Me and Ryan again, already booked the hotel, can't wait :)

I'm in and probably will bring one or 2 more

I am def. in! Possibly + 1 or 2 if Rebecca will be here? I will have a def. count within the next few days. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

While the Cats away Papa?

meow.

Quite a number of you who have indicated interest haven't requested payment details yet.

If all those currently wanting a place confirm then all 30 places are spoken for.

As mentioned in the original post, receipt of payment determines list order.

Would love to come down and meet some of you but I just can't commit to it at the moment. Will try and attend some events in the future though,

Happy New Year all.

Quite a number of you who have indicated interest haven't requested payment details yet.

If all those currently wanting a place confirm then all 30 places are spoken for.

Mark - Sorry for the delay I will confirm either way for myself & Tony tomorrow (Tuesday) latest. (Not looking good at the moment though.....)

for anyone that might be using Eastcoast for their journey to this event their January sale started today, just booked my train tickets for £20 return from Newcastle.

Edited by Johnson03

Guest dave45

YAY, room booked ! :mellow:

For those still looking for a room, I have booked into Central London Euston Travelodge (about 1 1/2 miles from Marylebone). £49 for a double. Not too bad what with the Marylebone one putting up its prices. If there are enough of us staying in Euston we could share a cab from Marylebone after the match.

Mark - Sorry for the delay I will confirm either way for myself & Tony tomorrow (Tuesday) latest. (Not looking good at the moment though.....)

I'm probably driving if either or both of you want a lift.

Likely to be heading straight back to Suffolk after the game.

Guest caecilius

I'm keen for one, maybe two places. Can someone please send me payment details via PM?

Bugger. Can't get the Monday off work sadly, so I'm out.

What's the problem? You locals can more or less go straight to work after the game :P:D

It is uhhh one tube ride, yes! My boss is a Cowboys fan from NYC so there's a remote chance I get the day off, but I wouldn't know for another two weeks.

I'm probably driving if either or both of you want a lift.

Likely to be heading straight back to Suffolk after the game.

Thanks for the very kind offer Graham, but we're still not sure what we're doing for the SB yet so I'm going to have to pass.

Mark - our plans for SB are still up in the air at the moment, so unfortunately count us as a no again this year. Really missing the UK Pats SB nights , it's always a good event, but outside influences happen. Hopefully we'll catch up with you guys some time soon.

Mark - our plans for SB are still up in the air at the moment, so unfortunately count us as a no again this year. Really missing the UK Pats SB nights , it's always a good event, but outside influences happen. Hopefully we'll catch up with you guys some time soon.

Hey, no problem Steve. There's still a bit of time before I have to have final numbers in, so let me know if anything changes.

I'm keen for two places if there are still any available!

Welcome, BITG - could you pop along to the New members thread forum and post an introduction to yourself? We do require this of all new members.

Thanks

Welcome, BITG - could you pop along to the New members thread forum and post an introduction to yourself? We do require this of all new members.

Thanks

Sure thing Mandy!

Guest dave45

With us being spread over several Travelodges, Ibis hotels etc the question is:- Where to meet for pre-match/pre-meal drinks. The Allsop Arms has been popular in previous years. Same again this year?

Anyone fancying a Sunday Afternoon pub crawl, I'm thinking of taking in a couple of pubs in Camden/Kentish Town during the afternoon. Likely to be Southampton Arms, Tapping the Admiral and Brewdog - and probably a bite at Honest Burgers - then on to the Euston Tap.

Anyone fancying a Sunday Afternoon pub crawl, I'm thinking of taking in a couple of pubs in Camden/Kentish Town during the afternoon. Likely to be Southampton Arms, Tapping the Admiral and Brewdog - and probably a bite at Honest Burgers - then on to the Euston Tap.

I thought you said you were driving ?

I thought you said you were driving ?

That was the plan, but I can do the train for less than 30 quid.

No wuckin furries, hik hik 6 pints in each you can then tell me what the score was in the morning at breakfast :blink:

Sounds like a plan. I'm pretty flexible so could be persuaded....

Looks good to me - in for a penny.......

Don't think Camden Town brewery is open on a Sunday is it?