mrs laz

2015 Roadtrip planning and discussion thread

We have previously put together a contact list for the RT, useful for the rookies coming along. I don't mind doing this again. If you want to be included then PM me with your name, number, email and I'll send it out when done.

I will have a car. I'll be driving up to Norwood from Boston (Holiday Inn, Boston Garden) on Saturday afternoon. I assume Carl will be in the passenger seat - so will have a couple of spare spaces. Will probably drive up to Pro Shop/Hall of Fame/Red Robin/Liquor Store selling something more interesting than Sam Adams after checking into Hotel.

I would like to avoid driving on Sunday if at all possible, so I'm not counting on driving to Foxboro.

Oh...and if anyone needs a lift to Logan at about 6.00am on Monday morning.... I've been asked to provide some management cover for a project in Chicago when I'm in the US, so I'm on the early flight again.

No surprise that this game isn't being flexed into SNF. Indeed, Fox have flexed it out of being the national late game, in favour of Panthers@Saints. It will only be shown in local markets. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/11/23/9785286/nfl-schedule-eagles-vs-patriots-game-flex-start-time-chip-kelly-bill-belichick

...of course, we all remember how close the Pats came to losing to the Eagles last time they were forecast to win in a blow out - because many of you were there.

Norwood Depot station to the Hampton Inn is just over a mile walk it seems...assuming I can make a dash across the highway?

Tupper n I walked that last year-- it's nearer 3 miles in reality and you do have to walk down the hard shoulder and across parking lots adjacent to route 1-- not to be recommended really- especially when dragging a case & carrying a back pack....with a monster hangover from the PourHouse....!!!

But the good news is the Hampton do a FREE courtesy bus to/from the station- give them a call and a man with a van will whisk you away for free....(tip optional!)

Norwood Depot station to the Hampton Inn is just over a mile walk it seems...assuming I can make a dash across the highway?

Tupper n I walked that last year-- it's nearer 3 miles in reality and you do have to walk down the hard shoulder and across parking lots adjacent to route 1-- not to be recommended really- especially when dragging a case & carrying a back pack....with a monster hangover from the PourHouse....!!!

But the good news is the Hampton do a FREE courtesy bus to/from the station- give them a call and a man with a van will whisk you away for free....(tip optional!)

The free courtesy bus does sound preferable to stumbling down the hard shoulder with a hangover. Thanks Patsman

Not one of you guys finest moments!

Last call for anyone wishing to go on the contact list for the trip. Ill be sending it out Monday or Tuesday to everyone who has replied.

Less than a week to go now! So here's a quick reminder of the arrangements for the day of the game.

• Kick-off is 4.25pm EST. Gates to the parking lots usually open 4 hours before this.
  • With this in mind please gather in Reception of the RT hotel (Hampton Inn Norwood) by 1145hrs latest
  • We will leave as a group from the RT hotel by around midday.
  • We are a group of 30 people total, so that means we will take between 5 and 6 cars, aiming for Parking Lot P2
  • We will aim to park as close to each other as possible in the parking lot - however, if the group is split, you will all need a way to find the group. please make sure you have the mobile number of at least one other member of the group. Rat Noir has kindly gathered phone numbers and will distribute the list shortly. Make sure you are on it.
  • If you are a passenger in someone else's vehicle, you are expected to cover parking for the vehicle ($40 per car). Drivers do not pay.
  • Game tickets will be collected on Game Day from the Ticket office. They will be distributed at the tailgate. It is your responsibility to be at the tailgate to collect your ticket/s. We will not be running around after you on Game Day to make sure you get your ticket!

Guest stanleymorgan

Can I just get some clarity on something. My group of 5 are travelling from Boston and going straight to Gillette on Sunday, we will be joining everyone for the tailgate, what if anything do we need to bring....food, booze etc ?

Hey Nick - for the tailgate, there will be beer and food provided - however I dont think anyone will complain if you feel like bringing some extra beers!

Which of you good people were planning on going to The Hall on Saturday?

I plan to go, and I will be at the Hampton Inn from Friday night, and I have a car...

Any others?

Depending When Paul and Myself arrive in the area, we are thinking about visiting the lombardi family in the hall at patriot place sponsored by raytheon - We would be there early-mid afternoon as a best-case. if traffic and weather conspire against us we'll have to skip it

Which of you good people were planning on going to The Hall on Saturday?

I plan to go, and I will be at the Hampton Inn from Friday night, and I have a car...

Any others?

Add me to the list. I'll be happy to contribute to travel costs.

We'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. Whiskeys on Thursday night for beer and football. Bruins game on Friday, probably viewed in Whiskeys. Everything else can be worked out adhoc.

We'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. Whiskeys on Thursday night for beer and football. Bruins game on Friday, probably viewed in Whiskeys. Everything else can be worked out adhoc.

:(

@Chelseafan71, seems like weather is working out anyway, so that leaves the traffic as an unknown :)

@GronkSpike, you are welcome to go with me there, no problem! (and possibly any others who want to go as long as there is room in the car)

I am meeting with an acquaintance outside Proshop@Gillette at 12 noon on Saturday to hand over and pick up some stuff, so I would need to be there by then.

How about we agree on a time we meet in the lobby or whatever and then drive over together whomever want to go to the Hall/Proshop.

Perhaps some/all of you guys know each other from before, but as I am new to the group, do you have any attributes to find out who are UKPats and not?

Perhaps face tattoos or stickers and stuff? :D

See you soon guys!

Cheers,

Jonas

Jonas - Just listen to them speak and if you can't understand a word they are saying, they are from the UK. :P

So Howard, are these geezers the only people in the region coming from the "old world"?

:lol:

I get into Logan at 4pm Friday. I'll wander over to Whiskeys at some point, probably via Boston Beer Works and/or Bukowskis.

Safe trip t y'all ! Bring home the W...or don't come back... ;)

Graham- please find a decent bar with a cinnamon pumpkin ale and have one (or three) for me...!!

Y'all...

I'm thinking about leaving for The Hall at around 11.30 tomorrow (today, Saturday) morning.

If there are more people joining, let's meet in the lobby at 11.15-11.30, mmmkey?

Sweet dreams!

Jonas

Y'all...

I'm thinking about leaving for The Hall at around 11.30 tomorrow (today, Saturday) morning.

If there are more people joining, let's meet in the lobby at 11.15-11.30, mmmkey?

Sweet dreams!

Jonas

Way too early mate... see you at some point.

Y'all...

Sweet dreams!

Jonas

I'm leaving Boston at 11.20 so would get to the hotel around 12.30 so we'd miss each other im afraid. Trains only run every 2 hours so I'm kinda bound by that

As a friend at school once said - I'm the one holding a Liverpool scarf when they are singing You'll never walk alone.

UK Pats guys are easy to spot as they are the ones wearing Pats shirts.

I would think that as we are in Pats country, and I mean literally smack in the middle, everybody would be wearing Pats shirts, no? :D

As it seems 11.30 is a bit early to go to Gillette, I will adapt to that.

Any suggestions Waspie and Gronk?

Gronk, as I am out driving anyway, would you like me to pick you up at the train station when you get there?

(And for anyone else coming in via train or bus, that offer extends to you as well... as long as we can fit it into the schedule going to Gillette today...)

Wasn't sure if we would be able to get to the hotel on Sunday morning or have to meet everyone at the stadium. It looks like we'll be down early enough and will have two spaces in the car if anyone needs a lift to Foxboro. We're going to be getting on the road straight after the game as we have a long drive home so not sure about giving anyone a ride back again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

As ever a great weekend. Unusually, a pity about the result.

A huge thank you to everyone involved in making it another memorable UKPatriots Roatrip weekend.

A big thank you from me as well - A great job getting everything organized and hopefully the person that left a youth-sized fleece in the trunk of my car was reunited with it at breakfast - if not talk to steve as i passed it into his safe keeping

Plenty of mentions from a number of Patriots media folks on Twitter too.

I must say it was an absolute pleasure to meet you all. As long as I'm welcome again (and not to blame for the bad juju) I'll be delighted to come on the RT ona yearly basis.

Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

We really enjoyed the day and the result couldn't put a damper on how much fun it is to do the road trip. Thanks to everyone involved in organizing the day. Getting a visit from the former players was a real bonus. They seemed to enjoy it too and weren't in any hurry to leave and get back in the stadium. Already looking forward to next year's event!

As Chris says, I have a brand new Youth's patriot fleece that somebody left in his car.

Let me know who you are and we can make arrangements to get it to you. Looks like it could be a stunning Xmas present for someone.

Great road trip especially for the Denver 7 and despite the Pats playing like they want to give the rest of the NFL a chance. Very generous and un-Bill like. The local Pats radio gave BB a hammering Monday morning - especially for that crazy drop kick kick-off. What were they thinking.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the SB party.

I must say it was an absolute pleasure to meet you all. As long as I'm welcome again (and not to blame for the bad juju) I'll be delighted to come on the RT ona yearly basis.

Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Pleasure to meet you too Tom , and don't worry about the JuJu - the Miami 5 (now Denver 7) are copping most of the blame for that. Mandy already threatened to withhold my ticket if we lost in Denver, and she might just be wishing she had now ! :ph34r: If we also lose in Miami in a few weeks time, I suspect I will be permanently banned from all UKP RTs.

Plane cancelled on Monday, delays on South West trains when we did finally make it, but 11 hours solid sleep last night sure helped.

Just got back home this afternoon and reiterate what others have said...huge thanks to Mark, Mandy and all who organised the RT. Despite the result it was a great day and after 11years and 3 road games I can finally tick off the trip to Foxborough. Hopefully the first of many! Great to meet all of you and put some faces to (user)names and hope to see you all again soon. Apologies to those I didn't get much chance to speak to!

While you were all away watching the game I was listening to Radio 5 Xtra with Nat and Mike Carlson. The feature was on the chiefs and they had the organiser of the UK Chiefs fan club on the phone.

He was please to say they are looking to do a road trip in 2017.

Yes, you read it right. The first time the UK Chiefs fan club are going over to see the game is still 2 years away.

So, HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND APPRECIATION for those on this site who organises our ANNUAL TRIP and have done for a number of years.

I know we all appreciate what you do and we do say it sometimes - but maybe we need to say it more often.

P.S. With it being a late game, I got depressed, and have not even read the game thread. Just marked it as "read"

A big thank you to everyone involved in organising the RT.

I especially would like to thank the rest of the Denver 7, as Steve called them. It was an absolute pleasure, loved every minute of it and look forward to any future trips that I manage to be a part of.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.