mrs laz

2015 Roadtrip planning and discussion thread

So - we are finally in April, and you know what that means - schedule announcement, closely followed by roadtrip game confirmation!

Who's excited to get the process started this year?!!

Keep your eyes peeled for announcements as soon as we can after the schedule is confirmed. I personally would love to get to go to opening home game this year, but lets see what we get.

Opening day? Don't you like the cold any more Mandy? Or is it because of the banner??

I want to attend the Winter Classic at Foxboro, so if there is a road game which fits with that, either Buffalo or New York, I'd love to do that. Trying to get 2 separate trips might prove difficult, but either way, I will get down to see that 4th Lombardi at the hall, and the banner in the stadium though!!

A trip to the Hall is definitely on the list now we have trophy #4 to admire.

Opening night will certainly qualify as a premium game and I doubt we'd be offered tickets for it but it would be nice.

opening night would be amazing. seems like we have been pushed down the pecking order last few years so im guessing we get a game post oct.

The home opener we had a few years back was great, got to see Troy Brown's HOF ceremony on the Saturday. I'm always going to be biased towards later games to squeeze a Bruins game in. Something around the Winter Classic would be exceptional, but unlikely I think.

It ultimately doesn't really matter as just being there is what it's all about.

I'm up for the road trip this year - any game is good with me

Additionally, Paul, Daniel and myself are thinking about the road game @ buffalo, so if the road trip game is the week before or after that one, and people want to make it a double header then the more the merrier

Home opener would be a great trip (sadly I couldn't make it, if we do get it). I would have to be looking at a much later game to stand any chance of making the trip this year.

Sounds like there will be good Pats crowds at both of the Texas games. A lot of US fans are talking about doing the Cowboys game - though many will be put off it it's on Thanksgiving.

I'm looking at Dallas or the home opener.

Hi everyone,

I've introduced myself previously and signed up a long time ago with the intention of sharing information and gaining knowledge of how to go about going over to the states to watch a Patriots game.

Obviously I'm new here and don't know any of you, but I'm sure the comradary of UK Patriots could bring us together!

Basically, I want to go see a Patriots game and who better to ask than those of you who have done it (many) times before.

Desperately hoping for a double header of home games so I can go for a couple of weeks and fit 2 games in whole I'm there!

The home opener game would be excellent to experience but I'm sure everyone will want to get tickets for that game. If this years RT game is straight after the Colts road game then I'm in!

Obviously I'm new here and don't know any of you, but I'm sure the comradary of UK Patriots could bring us together!

Don't worry - we were all there once. The second you land in Logan, you'll be a road tripper, and it's a club you're in for life. Anyone who has ever doubted joining a road trip because you don't know anyone should put that fear aside. I'm usually a bit of an introvert, but it's great to be part of the UK Pats gang when we hit Boston.

Guest sanj2000

Gronkspike - I agree with Waspie (post 17 above). The road trip is really great and I am looking forward to 2015 after missing out last year.

Any game at Gillette would be good!

Anyone hoping to do the WInter Classic remember its Jan 1st :)

Anything is good for me :)

Home opener & seeing Troy Brown's HOF was fantastic but as 1 or 2 have said I would prefer a later game to catch some hockey as well :)

Pam and I are keen to do the trip. We are though in Mexico for almost 3 weeks from 16th September so would prefer a later RT in late October or November/December.

Pam and I are keen to do the trip. We are though in Mexico for almost 3 weeks from 16th September so would prefer a later RT in late October or November/December.

3 weeks in Mexico, puts mine & Debs week in Barbados from 19th September in the shade so to speak :D

I will be on cricket tour in Devon for the first game and weekend of the season and as an old school fan, think footie's better in the cold! Therefore a game in late Nov/Dec pour moi please!

Guest stanleymorgan

Looks like a lot of people are interested in going this year...myself included. So I guess it will be oversubscribed. If this is the case then how is it decided who is successful and who losses out ? Is it done on previous attendance going in your favour or just in order of applications ?

Hi Stanley

We will take into account a number of factors, including board activity and tenure, as well as contribution to funding of the board. All applicants must be full members of the UKPatriots fanclub and registered with the Patriots.

We have never had to turn anyone away yet but the mods will make the decisions if/when it comes to it.

With eldest married and saving for a house and youngest getting married in July then I will watch with interest but will not be joining this year (again!).

Plus with a trip to NZ for the early part of 2016 and volunteer driver at the Rugby World Cup then time and finances are pretty tight anyway.

We are back to NE in 2018 - Mrs PSTAMP has already put it in the diary - so that may be the next time.

It would be great to attend again this year, would probably have to be November onwards for me to be able to, although if opening day was on the cards. I'd also like to attend one of the North East road games I went to MetLife 2 seasons back and it was awesome.

Certainly going to try and get on the trip this year, would be great if it was the season opener, although maybe that’s a bit optimistic

Schedule released next Tuesday or Wednesday

Looking forward to it!

Indeed. Anything but december!

Confirmed, Tuesday 8 p.m.

I'm a little surprised we don't know our opening night opponents yet

CBS web page updating with rumours and leaks - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25157356/2015-nfl-schedule-news-dates-and-matchups-as-they-leak-tuesday.

@AdamSchefter Sure sounds like Steelers at Patriots in Thursday night regular-season opener. Full NFL schedule release tonight at 8 on ESPN

Guest stanleymorgan

Are we having a vote yet,,,,,if so can I vote for the Bills in the Monday nighter.

Some questions for seasoned road-trippers....have the divisional match-ups and/or Primetime games been ruled out of the options available to the UKPatriots in the past ?

Also, will the new Optum field lounge that is due to open this year in the south end-zone affect our allocation, which I believe used to be in that section of the stadium ?

i really hope we get offered the Philly game as i wouldnt mind extending the trip and going to Denver the week before to see what will probably be the last Brady v Manning regular season game.

Having never seen Pats at Gillette Stadium I'd be interested in any fixture.

Unfortunately I've spunked most of my annual leave on my best mates wedding in Cuba so my attendance will depend on how few work days it'll take up.

Newbies have to register I believe?

Buffalo road game I am obviously interested in with Paul and Chris, being less than a 2 hour drive away. Aside from that, for a potential home UKPats road trip game, I'll be considering any fixture, pending my work schedule and finances. Personally though, I am interested in the Winter classic at Gillette on New Years day, so maybe that will tie in nicely with the Jets road game too, spending new year in NYC, then driving up to Boston in the early hours of new years day. It will be tough getting both Christmas and New Year off work though!

I would like to make another point though, I think as a fan club, we are extremely lucky to be offered any game at all. Maybe I'm reading them wrong, but I feel some sort of dissatisfaction with potentially being offered certain opponents who may offer less enjoyment (we're Patriots fans right?), if we're offered a game at a certain time of year. that it will be too cold, not cold enough, that the team won't play well, that it won't align with the Basketball season or the Hockey season, that it doesn't follow a divisional road game, etc. etc. Having attending 5 RT games, I can say warm weather, cold weather, October, November, December, hockey, no hockey, warm, cold, freeze your nuts off cold, tight game, blow out, Brady, no Brady; the meatballs taste just as amazing at the tail gate, the beers go down just as easy, the people you meet are just as great, and the experience is just as surreal as the last.

I feel extremely grateful to be a part of this fan club and I don't think anybody should ever take that for granted. If we are lucky enough to be offered a game this season, and it doesn't fit your schedule or what you were hoping for, by all means say that and why, but remember, there is always next season, or plan a personal trip instead!

For over 10 years now, the organisation has offered tickets to its first official fan club each season to 1 home game, which considering every game is a sell out, and that there's only 8 home games in a season, is pretty amazing! During that time, there has been quite the selection. Afternoon games, night games, a SNF, a MNF, a home opener, not to mention 5 of them years the option for a Bruins game, a Celtics game, and tours of Fenway. Here is a list of the last 10 games over 10 years. I think the Jets was the 2004 game, but an older member of the board would need to confirm that!

2005 - Sun 20 Nov 1:00pm - Saints W 24-17
2006 - Sun 26 Nov 4:15pm - Bears W 17-13
2007 - Sun 25 Nov 8:15pm - Eagles W 31-28
2008 - Sun 26 Oct 1:00pm - Rams W 23-16
2009 - Sun 13 Dec 1:00pm - Panthers W 20-10
2010 - Sun 31 Oct 4:15pm - Vikings W 28-18
2011 - Mon 21 Nov 8:30pm - Chiefs W 34-3
2012 - Sun 16 Sep 1:00pm - Cardinals L 18-20
2013 - Sun 8 Dec 1:00pm - Browns W 27-26
2014 - Sun 23 Nov 1:00pm - Lions W 34-9

As for the schedule, not a fan of the early bye. I noticed some theory's about the league and getting a tougher schedule too, but the league doesn't select our opponents by hand each year, we know exactly who we would be facing after week 17 last season. The teams know the majority of their opponents, what is it, 8 years in advance, aside from the 2 teams you face in your conference who finished in the identical spot in the 2 divisions you won't face entirely that season. See here for future opponents to 2019: http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/new-england-patriots.php

The back to back road games to end the season aren't ideal either, but with the winter classic too, our hands were kind of tied there. Facing the Steelers minus Le'Veon Bell will be a bonus though. The only other issue I could see is ideally, we could have faced the Texans and Cowboys back to back to save an extra flight to Texas, but then again, I haven't looked at their schedules to see if that would have been possible, afterall, we aren't the only team in the league with needs and ideal schedules!

You missed one D-Lo. 2004 was the first time tickets and gameday was arranged through the UKPatriots.

For over 10 11 years now, the organisation has offered tickets to its first official fan club

2004 - Sun 25 Oct (during the renowned Yankees ALDS) vs Jets W 13-7

2005 - Sun 20 Nov 1:00pm - Saints W 24-17
2006 - Sun 26 Nov 4:15pm - Bears W 17-13
2007 - Sun 25 Nov 8:15pm - Eagles W 31-28
2008 - Sun 26 Oct 1:00pm - Rams W 23-16
2009 - Sun 13 Dec 1:00pm - Panthers W 20-10
2010 - Sun 31 Oct 4:15pm - Vikings W 28-18
2011 - Mon 21 Nov 8:30pm - Chiefs W 34-3
2012 - Sun 16 Sep 1:00pm - Cardinals L 18-20
2013 - Sun 8 Dec 1:00pm - Browns W 27-26
2014 - Sun 23 Nov 1:00pm - Lions W 34-9

Great post Daniel, I have always thought that it is superb that the Pats organisation offer up that many seats year on year to the UK Patriots, bearing in mind how popular we get each year and that those seats could be sold many times over, it's a real achievement, a sign of how much the organisation thinks of it's fans "over the pond".

Hopefully I may be able to make it "the year" in which I get to make the trip with the road trip party, it will be 30 years of supporting the Patriots in November, that could be one way of swinging it with the missus! the last excuse I had to visit Foxborough was that I was hitting 40.

Guest sanj2000

Spot on, Daniel (post # 44).

Any game at Gillette is going to be great - we get a chance to see the greatest ever Q/B!

Depending on finances, I might even go on my own R/T (and it doesn't even have to be to Gillette) this year, as well as the official one.

Thanks (in advance) to all the organisers, drivers, local hosts, etc.

As señor loughran mentioned we are looking to take the Toronto arm of the ukpats down to Buffalo for the bills road game so if anyone wants to coordinate (irrespective of the road trip game) then feel free to drop one or all of us a pm.

i'm happy to see anyone play the pats, and should I make the cut for the official road trip, the only question would be whether to make it a literal road trip again or take the easy route and fly

Edited by Chelseafan71

You missed one D-Lo. 2004 was the first time tickets and gameday was arranged through the UKPatriots.

For over 10 11 years now, the organisation has offered tickets to its first official fan club

2004 - Sun 25 Oct (during the renowned Yankees ALDS) vs Jets W 13-7

Given how well I have gotten to know you over the years Ade, I figure your attention span didn't allow you to read my full post, also given by how long it was - I am prone to an essay from time to time! Then again, I did ask for one of the older members to set me straight on that Jets game in 2004! ;)

Dallas is still my main focus. It's a bit of a disappointment that I can't tie that in with a game in Foxborough before or after.

I'll try to get to whichever game we're offered at home, unless it's Washington.

Same here I'm gutted bye week and colts either side sucks, I'm going to Dallas was thinking of staying there then onto Indy the next week, if not I'll try get over to Gillette for the playoffs...

The choice is easy .. Colorado Ski resports should be opening by Thanksgiving, so it's the Philly game for me, preceded by a visit to Mile High.

Another skiing trip then Ade :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.