Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

2015 Week 1 vs PIT

Was certainly hoping to do this with Mrs Gull., take in the Blue Jays at Fenway, a romantic week in the city etc etc

But flights will either have to come down a lot from £750 first !

Was certainly hoping to do this with Mrs Gull., take in the Blue Jays at Fenway, a romantic week in the city etc etc

But flights will either have to come down a lot from £750 first !

Along with the reportedly cheapest game ticket being $355, that starts to become a very expensive trip. :(

Well I've booked flights and accommodation for the opener, now to get tickets ..

What flights? I could only find circa £750

BA currently have their sale on, paid £537 with car for 8 nights

Well I've booked flights and accommodation for the opener, now to get tickets ..

That's a great deal if the car is included in that price!

That's a great deal if the car is included in that price!
I've been waiting for the sale, the same holiday last week was £769 each, booked Saturday night at £537 for flights plus group D car.

I don't think I'll get tickets quite as cheap!

Crikey. What a difference. The flight I saw for 750 last week is 450 this week.

I also paid for our new year family holiday in Miami last week. This week it's £600 cheaper!!!

I also paid for our new year family holiday in Miami last week. This week it's £600 cheaper!!!

Makes you feel sick doesn't it!!

I hate it a lot more though when you see a price, don't pull the trigger, look again an hour later, and its more expensive!

The other problem is now that it's cheaper, my good lady wants to get the trip back on. But I've just spent out on Miami and Denver.

Still, as my daughter would chip in .. YOLO !

I deliberated for 2 weeks at the £750 price (I could use some avios to get prices down slightly) but talked myself out of it thinking I would go to a later game. Then saw the BA sale and talked myself back into it again.

If I cant get tckts through the official channels in July, which I've been lucky with the last few years, then it looks like I'll be forking out a decent sum.

Oh well, as you say YOLO!

Gutted to be missing this but Looks like I am going to be required in Phoenix for the next 13 days. To add insult to Injury my grandfather is taking a steelers fan instead of me.

Back in the UK today from opening night, what an amazing game to be at. The build up was fantastic and even the rain, after 4 days of 90 plus degrees and unbroken sunshine, didn't spoil the event.

Great to meet up with Howard for lunch and a huge thanks to him again for taking delivery of my tickets.

Hoping funds can stretch for a further game later in the year now

That must of been a great feeling being there on the opening game. I am looking at getting over this year as well. It just has to be done hahaha.

Back in the UK today from opening night, what an amazing game to be at. The build up was fantastic and even the rain, after 4 days of 90 plus degrees and unbroken sunshine, didn't spoil the event.

Great to meet up with Howard for lunch and a huge thanks to him again for taking delivery of my tickets.

We agree, it was an amazing experience! Sorry we didnt get the chance to meet up with you...our trip was very last minute and a bit of a whistle-stop!

...our trip was very last minute and a bit of a whistle-stop!

You mean you wanted to be sure TFB was going to be playing before splurging all that money :P

Mind you, I don't blame you it's a long way to go to suffer a loss (not that I've ever been that unfortunate) :D

...our trip was very last minute and a bit of a whistle-stop!

You mean you wanted to be sure TFB was going to be playing before splurging all that money :P

Mind you, I don't blame you it's a long way to go to suffer a loss (not that I've ever been that unfortunate) :D

Too bloody right! Once the suspension was lifted it was all systems go to find tickets and flights!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this