Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

2015 Week 12 @ DEN

So, what I was dreaming about back in July, looks like it's 1/3rd coming true at least. After missing out on the Bills game a couple of weeks back, I decided to book my flight to Denver the other day.

I was really looking forward to a road game this season, and my only other options aside from this were Indy and Dallas. Dallas was far too pricey, and Indy just doesn't sound as much fun when you're alone.

I get in on Saturday morning, leave Monday evening. Hopefully get to catch up with you guys over the weekend, though looks like I'll be sitting in very different part of the stadium.

Edited by d_loughran292

I haven't really done in research on Denver as the rig internet sucks, but how easy is it to get downtown from the airport? Are people all staying in the same hotel? Does anyone know of any Pats tailgate that is taking place we can pay for to partake in? I seen a group on Facebook which does road games, may be worth looking in to if it hasn't already been sorted.

I haven't really done in research on Denver as the rig internet sucks, but how easy is it to get downtown from the airport? Are people all staying in the same hotel? Does anyone know of any Pats tailgate that is taking place we can pay for to partake in? I seen a group on Facebook which does road games, may be worth looking in to if it hasn't already been sorted.

There's a bus from the airport. It's quite a long way from the airport to Downtown; will take you the best part of an hour.

I expect Pikes Peak Patriots will be organising a Saturday gathering and/or a tailgate (which the Patriots Tailgate group will probably join). When I was there the latter was breakfast muffins, hotdogs, chowder and soft drinks, and byo booze.

There's a bus from the airport. It's quite a long way from the airport to Downtown; will take you the best part of an hour.

I expect Pikes Peak Patriots will be organising a Saturday gathering and/or a tailgate (which the Patriots Tailgate group will probably join). When I was there the latter was breakfast muffins, hotdogs, chowder and soft drinks, and byo booze.

Cheers Gra, definitely be on the look out for a liqour store then!

Robert Kraft showed up at both the Saturday party and the Sunday tailgate 4 years ago. I'm jealous; Denver is a great weekend.

10666026_10208186877055886_2400380313972

And based on last night it appears Manning can still play the occasional ball game, looks like it could be an absolute cracker!

Will definitely look to attend to the Saturday party but not sure how payment will work. Seen in the Facebook post they prefer a 'check'.

Probably skip the breakfast in favour of a sleep in/some extra recovery time. Not fussed on their tailgate's food neither so I will probably pass. Will still look to attend with my own beers of course, it's BYOB anyway. Hopefully there are other tailgate options there who allow you to pay in person, I'm sure I've seen them before. Wouldn't mind some better meat options, clam chowder isn't my preferred food to eat in a parking lot, namely because I don't like clams :lol:

A tailgate isn't a tailgate with Pauls balls, but pulled pork, burgers, ribs etc will suffice!

Yeah I think I'll try to get to the Saturday party as well, I've sent a message about payment to see what the crack is with that.

I'm more than likely tailgating with my Mates who are Broncos fans but will pop to see the guys who are in attending the game.

Finally I may have a spare ticket will know for sure in the next week or so but give me a shout if there is any initial interest.

Will definitely look to attend to the Saturday party but not sure how payment will work. Seen in the Facebook post they prefer a 'check'.

Probably skip the breakfast in favour of a sleep in/some extra recovery time. Not fussed on their tailgate's food neither so I will probably pass. Will still look to attend with my own beers of course, it's BYOB anyway. Hopefully there are other tailgate options there who allow you to pay in person, I'm sure I've seen them before. Wouldn't mind some better meat options, clam chowder isn't my preferred food to eat in a parking lot, namely because I don't like clams :lol:

A tailgate isn't a tailgate with Pauls balls, but pulled pork, burgers, ribs etc will suffice!

Pikes Peak Pats will make anyone from UK Pats welcome. Drop Anne Stone a line and she'll reserve a ticket for either the Saturday or the Sunday. I know I paid on the day last time.

The $55 wine and beer included option is good value - it's easy to drink $30 of booze in 3 hours.

The Tailgate is worth going to - you'll meet a lot of great people - some of who were with us in 2012.

A tailgate isn't a tailgate without Pauls balls, but pulled pork, burgers, ribs etc will suffice!

- it's easy for me drink $30 of booze in 3 hours.

Fixed your comment.... what is the average price of an alcholic drink there if you can remember? $5/pint?

Also, fixed mine too, I meant to see withOUT Pauls balls!

So to all the Denver crew, are you up for Saturday night party the Pikes Peak Pats are holding at Katie Mullens?

If so, are you all emailing seperately? I was going to email to state my interest and to see about payment options, but if no one is going then I'd prefer to join in with whatever shenanigans everyone else is getting up to!

Has anyone taken the lead for the guys trekking over from the UK?

that would be preferred, but if there's 8 of us thinking the same thing, maybe they won't want to risk 8 places for payments on the day! Not sure how it works, but I am definitely interested in going. I know you mentioned the Avs game too though.

that would be preferred, but if there's 8 of us thinking the same thing, maybe they won't want to risk 8 places for payments on the day! Not sure how it works, but I am definitely interested in going. I know you mentioned the Avs game too though.

daniel the denver 7 are sorted with PP you my friend will have to sort yourself out

-- Edit by SS ... See below DL - All sorted!

So to all the Denver crew, are you up for Saturday night party the Pikes Peak Pats are holding at Katie Mullens?

If so, are you all emailing seperately? I was going to email to state my interest and to see about payment options, but if no one is going then I'd prefer to join in with whatever shenanigans everyone else is getting up to!

It's all sorted already Danny. Don't send Anne any "checks". You're booked in with us to both Sat eve & Sun t-gate.

It's all sorted already Danny. Don't send Anne any "checks". You're booked in with us to both Sat eve & Sun t-gate.

Oh, Warren had fooled me then! I've already emailed Anne and had a response saying it was ok for me to pay at the door. I said I would give the tailgate a miss though (not really a fan of the food on offer, and I wouldn't be taking advantage of the soft drinks options neither :lol:) but if it was ok, I would still stop by with some beers.

With that said I don't want to mess anybody up though so if they're counting me in as a paying attendee and making more food for that reason, I will gladly put forward my share.

Cheers Ade

Warren was correct but I called her and changed our reservation.

You're too kind.

I can't wait for this to roll around. Still got a week left in work and a short break to Cuba to fit in first though!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this