Sign in to follow this  
D_Lo

Travel advice

Ade, and anyone else with experience in this topic, and it is a little off-topic, I'm looking to book a couple of days in New York in a couple of weeks, I always use SkyScanner to search my flights, and pick up a hotel later.

Is it any cheaper in your experiences to book a packaged deal? Are there any other sites that you find better to use or search to get a better deal?

Yes that's the best way Danny. You can sometimes find a deal on something like expedia, but they have a limited range of accommodation, and it seldom saves much. You end up comprising on flight times or location or something.

When you do find accommodation through a booking site, always call the hotel directly, or check their website, to see if you can find a better deal by going direct (they might have the same room at same price but throw in breakfast for example).

Yes that's the best way Danny. You can sometimes find a deal on something like expedia, but they have a limited range of accommodation, and it seldom saves much. You end up comprising on flight times or location or something.

When you do find accommodation through a booking site, always call the hotel directly, or check their website, to see if you can find a better deal by going direct (they might have the same room at same price but throw in breakfast for example).

Looked on expedia, tried a few different combinations, in the 2 minutes it took to put my details in, on 3 separate occasions, coincidentally a price alert popped up with increased each price...and as a man of principle, I swiftly closed. When I searched again, the original price was still displaying. Disgusting. I'd be more impressed if I got to the check out and a price alert displayed with it being even cheaper.

Ended up getting a good deal on the flight separately, and also got a good deal on the Hilton Doubletree on the 3rd night. Ended up grouping night 1 & 2 in some glorified hostel which claims it's a 4 start hotel, either way, saved a few $'s!

Looked on expedia, tried a few different combinations, in the 2 minutes it took to put my details in, on 3 separate occasions, coincidentally a price alert popped up with increased each price...and as a man of principle, I swiftly closed. When I searched again, the original price was still displaying. Disgusting. I'd be more impressed if I got to the check out and a price alert displayed with it being even cheaper.

Ended up getting a good deal on the flight separately, and also got a good deal on the Hilton Doubletree on the 3rd night. Ended up grouping night 1 & 2 in some glorified hostel which claims it's a 4 start hotel, either way, saved a few $'s!

In English please

In English please

Expedia tried to screw him so he booked his flights and hotel separately and saved money but is slumming it for a couple of nights

In English please

Expedia tried to screw him so he booked his flights and hotel separately and saved money but is slumming it for a couple of nights

Haha well done! :P

I searched Expedia, found a combination of a flight/hotel I wanted, and each time I selected something, by the time I got to the "pay" page, there was a price alert. This alert was informing the price increased. It did this 3 times, so I figure they're just a bunch of con artists. Each time I re-searched, the original price was displaying from when I first clicked the deal!

Cheers Wazza, I'll bare that in mind next time!

You register to be part of the Patriots Fanclub Outreach program (FCOR). You receive email updates and occasional Pro Shop offers etc. It does not entitle you to any ticket purchases from the Patriots. As a registered fanclub, we (UKPats) require our members to provide their details if they want to join our events.

Hello all,

Bit of a random question. My ESTA expired and I was about to apply for a new one. But since my last one expired, I now have 5 year L-1 visa which I haven't yet activated as I haven't been down to the States since it was approved.

Do I need to get an ESTA, or will they activate my L-1 when I fly into Denver? I don't really need to activate it any time soon as I don't anticipate needing to travel for work. The time it will take in the airport to activate too, I'd rather just spend in Denver as I'm on there for 2 days. I know a few of you have had business in the States in the past, and just wondering what you did.