roadtrip first choice   

28 members have voted

1. 1. which is your FIRST choice roadtrip?

• Miami
    • Washington
    • Buffalo
    • Philadelphia

OK, we have heard from the Pats, and our options are as follows:

Thursday Oct 29 DOLPHINS

Sunday Nov 8 REDSKINS

Monday Nov 23 BILLS

Sunday Dec 6 EAGLES

Due to the club development in the End Zone we will NOT be seated in the EZ. Instead, we are being offered seats in the lower portion of the 300s section.

The intent is to give the Pats our choice and a reasonable idea of numbers within a couple of weeks. To this end, ONLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GOING, please vote for your FIRST choice option using the poll. Add an entry to the thread and, if you have a second preference, state what it is in the thread.

We will close the thread Sunday 6th June, hopefully with a clear favourite option. Soon after that there’ll be another thread with the ticket application requirements.

Some points to consider:

Obviously the Monday and Thursday games may require a longer time commitment if you are planning on a weekend trip.

If you want to see Boston dressed for Xmas the Eagles is your option as the U.S. tends not to decorate until after thanksgiving.

We don’t yet know what the prices will be – I’d guess that the fins and maybe Bills will be Premier ($100 last season in the 300s) and the others will be Marquee ($135). Allow ~£100 for the latter including our tailgating costs.

The cutoff date for payment for tickets will be late June – no payment, no ticket!

Now get those thinking caps on……

Eagles would be my first choice, Only team on the list I've not seen the pats play. Second preference would be the Redskins.

I'd be tempted with the Bills MNF purely because it's around Thanksgiving, night games can be hella cold though. Good choice though- enjoy whatever game you go to guys!

I'm going to think this one over the weekend. Nose bleeds sucks after all these years of great end zone seats. Call me picky...

I like Buffalo because it's MNF - so a solid weekend of drinking in Boston without football getting in the way. I like Philly because maybe I could head down to Houston afterwards.
Fish I could live with. Won't watch the Washington team.

voted philly second choice is washington - I'd prefer a sunday game, and I'm probably going to the road game in buffalo. Thursday game would require additional days off work

Skins for me, Eagles a (distant) second. Primetime games would be a bit trickier to get to regarding time off.

Won't vote as I can't be 100% certain I will be off / get the time off with me wanting the Bills road game, and the Winter Classic off! So I don't think it would be fair to vote.

If I did vote, it would be Eagles 1st choice, and Bills 2nd choice.

Eagles for me. Otherwise won't be able to make it.

Voted for Buffalo. Second choice is Washington. Picked those two games as I've already paid for flights around the games

Guest tupper29

Not going to vote as not sure if I can go. Originally I would have said Redskins as my best mate is a Redskins fan for his sins. However he is already going on a trip to see 3 games earlier in the season. Already seen the Eagles so not that bothered about them. Would probably go Bills as never seen a divisional game live

The Bills as I can be home for Thanksgiving:)

hoping, but cant be certain of attending. Therefore unfair of me to vote*,.so will go with the flow and hope it all falls into place!

*btw being at a MNF game would be kinda cool..!

If I'm lucky enough to be able to go this would be my first experience watching an NFL game live. I can't be picky because quite frankly, I'd love the opportunity to go to any game.

I voted for the Dolphins because I was hoping to stay a bit longer and watch both the MIA game and the WAS game.

Would someone be able to give me a ballpark number of what the RT will cost, flights, tickets, accommodation, spending money etc. I've got more than £1000 saved so far. Is that enough?

All depends on how long you decide to stay, and where you fly from.

Game ticket/tailgate contribution will account for £100.

Transport to/from game: we car-share, so contribute $10-$20 to the driver

Hotel nights- assume $60 per night if you can find someone to share with, or less in a hostel

Flights - £300-500 depending where you fly from

Food: figure $50 per day?

Spends: totally up to you!

Guest stanleymorgan

Are the Ukpatriots guaranteed the eagles game....? ( assuming it remains the most popular choice)

Are the Ukpatriots guaranteed the eagles game....? ( assuming it remains the most popular choice)

Well yeah, that's why I included it in the poll :P

The Pats are aware how many normally make the trip so I doubt they would offer us a game where there wasn't a good chance of accommodating our request.

Guest stanleymorgan

OK.....wasn't sure if you then gave the Pats ticket office your order of preference and number of tickets required and they still had the option of offering us a lower choice game if there wasn't enough availablity for the first choice...

I would personally prefer Buffalo - I can't believe that we're turning down a divisional game on national television against Rex - but Philly would be my second choice.

I would personally prefer Buffalo - I can't believe that we're turning down a divisional game on national television against Rex - but Philly would be my second choice.

I guess Christmas in Boston has something to do with that and a bit of ice skating on the frog pond :unsure:

Guest stanleymorgan

I'm really keen on buffalo too. I did think about asking the same question but didn't want to look greedy.

No - one allocation only. Sorry.

I would have liked the BIlls game (which I voted as primary) as it is as stated previously in this thread, a division and MNF game. As well as a chance to see Bill humiliate Rex which doesn't count for little...

I have been to an MNF game in Miami in 2010, where the first half didn't really impress by any of the teams (MIA 7 - Pats 6 in halftime), but with a fantastic second half that started with a beautiful 103 Yard Brandon Tate kickoff return for TD. There is something special about MNF, but I am game ( :D ) with any of the others as well...

In a way, the Fins game might have the best chance of not being a cold weather game, but with the Boston weather you can't really make predictions anyway... <_<

I hope I will get everything together to be able to join, and of course that I get invited as I am a pretty recent "joiner" of the UKPats.

I went with the Eagles game as my first pick as I'd love my first game to be a festive pick! I'll go with Buffalo as my 2nd pick

Guest sanj2000

I will go against the trend and say Washington as 1st choice, with Philadelphia as close second.

Although seeing the big clown (Rex Ryan) would be amusing....

Last day of the poll is looming. Any more for any more?