Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

Thoughts on RT 2015

Firstly, many thanks to Mandy, Paul, Boris and Howard for your efforts to ensure another immensely enjoyable Road Trip. I have just a few post-trip thoughts ..

We take the RT rules very seriously, and we value the relationship that we have with the Patriots organisation. People who misbehave put that relationship at risk, and could cause problems for the individuals associated with our ticket bookings. We operate a one strike policy. Member Stanley Morgan (Nick Fletcher) was threatened with ejection during the game for intoxication, along with another from his group. Two of them left before half time. His group were discourteous in their communications with myself and Mandy, and they made no effort to mix with fellow RT-ers at the tailgate. The three that were on our flight on Monday, didn't even recognise fellow UKPatriots stood next to them in the queue. He has been banned from this site, and will not be welcomed at future events. This decision was taken after consultation with several moderators who witnessed their behaviour first hand.

On the flip side, it was fantastic to meet some really great noobs, especially Jonas and Tom. Each trip is different for everyone, and those who have been many times will have no problem working out an agenda. However, for newbies, it's a little less certain, and I wonder if we should try a little harder to get everyone together on the evening before the game for a UKP dinner. We did it in the early years when we were all getting to know each other, and it was very successful. I am sure the noobs would appreciate it, and although I know I am as guilty as anyone of arranging my own thing, I think it would be better to have a pre-game dinner all together, whether that's in Boston, Braintree or Norwood.

It would probably also be cheaper, less painful, and avoid me having to declare "I really don't remember" when asked by my wife "Who's that girl with your arm around her waist" when reviewing photos of Saturday night in the Pour House !! :D

On the flip side, it was fantastic to meet some really great noobs, especially Jonas and Tom. Each trip is different for everyone, and those who have been many times will have no problem working out an agenda. However, for newbies, it's a little less certain, and I wonder if we should try a little harder to get everyone together on the evening before the game for a UKP dinner. We did it in the early years when we were all getting to know each other, and it was very successful. I am sure the noobs would appreciate it, and although I know I am as guilty as anyone of arranging my own thing, I think it would be better to have a pre-game dinner all together, whether that's in Boston, Braintree or Norwood.

I remember when we did this for the Bears game and I think it's a great idea, and probably worth bringing it back. What a shame a few let the side down.

Wow, as somebody whose dream it is to see a Pats game at Foxboro but has never been able to it beggars belief that having spent all that money and travelled all that distance you would behave in that way.

Disappointing to hear this, though I recall some mention of it being discussed prior about them wanting to drink a lot and organise seperate transportation as none of them wanted to drive. Shame that.

I remember a dinner at CBS scene on the Saturday night for either the Vikings or Chiefs game which was a lot of fun.

What a shame to hear about this - as one of the noobs on last years trip together with my Dad we could not have imagined a more welcoming bunch. To put the relationship that this site has with the front office is totally unacceptable, I really hope this does not affect future road trips as I would certainly like to be making another one in the next couple of years!

Keep up the great work all :)

I must say I was really nervous about travelling all that way and meeting up with people I'd never met and admittedly hadn't spoken to much online either as I'm not the most active member on here but being able to go and meet (some not all) the eclectic mix of individuals (with the Patriots being the only thing they had in common in some instances!) was just a tremendous opportunity to be a part of. Some absolutely fantastic people with great knowledge and all being willing to offer advice, discussion or provide information when needed.

I had an absolute blast, despite the result, and I hope this is the first of many, cos as I said, 29 new names is a lot and I think I may have only been able to strike up a conversation with about half and I'd certainly like to keep the relationships blooming.

I'd also like to reiterate the thanks that have gone around to those organising the trip, be it maintaining the relationship with the organisation, sourcing the hotel, providing information, whatever it is. There were a lot of moving parts to the RT and it went along as smoothly as possible despite some parties threatening to bring the whole thing to its knees.

As long as me and my bad juju are allowed to come next year, I'll be there.

I would like to add my support for a more organized (but not necessarily more formal) saturday night get together, and possibly something post-game. I think it would be especially beneficial for the rookie roadtrippers to get to know the more established people before the convoy and tailgate. Also that would provide an opportunity to finalize details for the convoy in the morning. The downside would probably be the split between those staying in boston on the saturday night and those in norwood, and how to decide on the location of the saturday night event.

Thanks to all of you who refrained from telling me the result of the chelsea game on saturday so that i could watch it as-live when i got home. You may now go ahead and take the piss.

Edited by Chelseafan71

Strangely this really saddens me. I say strangely because I'm still a relative newcomer to this bloody addictive site, and because I hardly know any of you at all (save the handful I met at last years SB party). But I'm well aware people like this exist, and just because the vast majority are great, genuine people, I guess it doesn't make us immune to attracting them. Fully supportive of 'the rules' - the relationship with the Patriots organisation has to take precedence over everything else or there is no RT and ultimately little point in the forum other than having a chat. Moving on, I have my heart set on making a RT. I've seen them at Wembley a couple of times, and visited Gillette and the HOF last summer on a break in Boston. All it did was whet my appetite. When I do make one I think the idea of a pre-match get together is great - but then I'd be one of the noobs. I'd fully understand if the regulars weren't as keen to lose a night though??

As a regular I would fully support a get -together on the night before a game. Spirepower- I'm sure nobody would think this to be a lost night. After all, I don't think Ade is suggesting this be teetotal :) We have had some great nights in the past with special guests ( I was reminded by Warren of having a photo taken holding a musket with the minutemen ).

And don't forget the cheerleaders..........

Night before get together would be great, particularly for newbie RT's. We have had some great night befores in the past, including one where Jonathon Kraft paid us a surprise visit, whilst a couple of years ago a lot of us went to the Bruins game. Now a night before with the cheerleaders, I don't recall, that must have been a great trip. :)

I've never been to Boston so far, either to visit the city nor for a RT, but very much would love top change that. Now with WOW Air, it might even be possible... :D

A get together on the night before the game would surely be awesome, I remember when I first met the UK Pats in London before the Pats-Rams game, It was awesome, and won a fair few good friends from there and the forum itself! So surely that dinner together would strengthen the togetherness and creates new friendships!

I'd love to be part of that! Pats and you guys are a big part of my life. I'm on the site every day, reading, posting, ranting and smiling about posts!

Thanks to all of you who refrained from telling me the result of the chelsea game on saturday so that i could watch it as-live when i got home. You may now go ahead and take the piss.

I kinda wanted to tell you to save you the misery of watching it. Still, at least you're not a Villa fan aye

This was, in part, one of the conversations I had with David over the course of the weekend. It seemed to be quite disjointed, probably by virtue of the Denver contingent not arriving in Boston until the Saturday. There is no criticism to be levelled at anyone for this, it's just what happened and it's always been said that the only part of the trip which is organised is the tail gate and tickets. Part of the blame may lie with the other aspects of social media which have become more popular and detracted from people posting on the site as regularly as they used to. There was far more chat about who was doing what and when in previous years leading up to the RT.

An organised meet-up might be the way forward, particularly for any new people, but will always be limited to what people want to do with their travel plans. Friday night meet in Whiskeys could be a good start point as most will usually be in Boston by then.

This was, in part, one of the conversations I had with David over the course of the weekend. It seemed to be quite disjointed, probably by virtue of the Denver contingent not arriving in Boston until the Saturday. There is no criticism to be levelled at anyone for this, it's just what happened and it's always been said that the only part of the trip which is organised is the tail gate and tickets. Part of the blame may lie with the other aspects of social media which have become more popular and detracted from people posting on the site as regularly as they used to. There was far more chat about who was doing what and when in previous years leading up to the RT.

An organised meet-up might be the way forward, particularly for any new people, but will always be limited to what people want to do with their travel plans. Friday night meet in Whiskeys could be a good start point as most will usually be in Boston by then.

Just a quick thought on the pre-game meet up being in Boston might not work for the newbs, who, if they are anything like I was, would be desperate to see the Hall and the go spend some hard earned dollars in the Pro-Shop on the Saturday when it's less busy than game day, meaning there would still be the disjointed meet up as some would be in Boston and some in Norwood.

I'd hate to force any newcomers to spend Saturday in Boston and to shoehorn the Pro-Shop and Hall in on game day.

As has been mentioned, CBS Scene at Gillette Stadium has hosted a Saturday evening meal before.

I guess it will depend on the time of the game. If it's a 1pm game, then it makes sense to have a dinner Norwood/Foxboro way. 4pm would be either/or. Night games, people might prefer to travel on the Sunday morning to Norwood.

im sure next year we can plan something better. either dinner at CBS scene on sat or friday night in boston. both could work. the thing about the RT is that it not planned apart from the game. people can do what they like. it also up to people to organise or suggest things.

the best way to get to know people if your a newby is maybe come to the superbowl party as lots come to both. everyone i have ever meet have made friends unless your in your own group and have no interest in joining in

I think it can be a question of timing too. People travel in at different times, some want to stay in Boston as long as possible, where there's more to do, and so a lot might not be able to make a Friday night thing (plus Boston, particularly our bars of choice, tends to be heaving on a Friday night). I loved the get-together dinners but with so many now knowing one another from the roadtrips and parties there is also a temptation to fit something else in (for instance last year there was a Bruins game on the Saturday night that a fair few attended)

Reading these posts I think one of the most important things have come across to not only newbies but any UKPat members, if you misbehave or step out of line your gone and if you want to be part of this great forum just have a great time and don't act like an idiot. In saying that if I'm fortunate to make next years trip any sort of meet up a night or two before the game sounds good to me.

We have certainly had some fun pre-game meet-ups in the past and I am all for seeing them happen again. As with most things on the RT, we need folks to step up and own organizing these events. We already have great support when it comes to sorting hotels, cars, contact lists/numbers etc - maybe we could have someone volunteer to be the events person for the weekend and own sorting out a little get-together?

I'll do the planning but I want to work with a team that should consist of 3 other people. Maybe Tim will help me here in the states and we can come up with a few ideas (Tim, if you read this let's discuss) and I would like to work via e-mail with 2 other volunteers from the UK Patriots who can let us know the thoughts of those across the pond instead of everyone becoming part of the discussion.

I realize it's way too early to know what will happen a year from now but it's never too early to begin a discussion of the possibilities and make some general inquiries and do some leg-work.

As you all know by now, I'm retired and can easily find the time to coordinate the activities for Saturday night. BTW, if we manage to get a Monday night game next year, that leaves all day Sunday as well.

Edited by husky71

On my first RT in 2010, I managed to get to a Bruins game, a Celtics game, an appearance on PFW in Progress, the HOF tour, the pro shop (where I spent $1000 including a baseball bat that I neither needed nor wanted :o ), a tour of Fenway, the freedom trail, a visit to the Boston Common, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market and still had time to meet up with everyone for what I thought was a mandatory annual breakfast at the Pourhouse and dinner at CBS Scene on Saturday night. We also has dinner after the game at TGI Fridays and went to IHOP with the group the morning after the game. There's no reason why all that can't be done. Just needs good planning and organisation. Which is why I am glad that Mark was there to do all the organising. :P

a lot depends of course on the timing of the Bruins game. And also how long people plan on spending in Boston. I did all of that in 7 days. So it does take a bit of commitment. I was only there 5 days in 2013 and the Bruins game was on the Saturday so that ruled out any chance of a get together on Saturday night. So a lot of things have to fall into place for it to work out.

We have certainly had some fun pre-game meet-ups in the past and I am all for seeing them happen again. As with most things on the RT, we need folks to step up and own organizing these events. We already have great support when it comes to sorting hotels, cars, contact lists/numbers etc - maybe we could have someone volunteer to be the events person for the weekend and own sorting out a little get-together?

I guess that is why I posted the suggestion .. to offer that option. ;-)

All it needs is a date and a venue.

I'll do the planning but I want to work with a team that should consist of 3 other people. Maybe Tim will help me here in the states and we can come up with a few ideas (Tim, if you read this let's discuss) and I would like to work via e-mail with 2 other volunteers from the UK Patriots who can let us know the thoughts of those across the pond instead of everyone becoming part of the discussion.

Hi Howard, happy to help if I can and please add me to the mail list of the people over here.

Everyone will have a different agenda for their trip but a focus on getting together as a group in the 24 hours around the game is a great idea. Dinner the night before at CBS Scene would also give people a chance to spend more time looking around Patriot Place without the game day crowds. It would also give us more of a chance to meet fellow UK Patriots as time at the tailgate goes very quickly and there never seems to be enough time to talk to everyone.

If there's a chance of a Bruins game then that would be great but we're not going to know if that's a possibility until much closer to the time. It looks like there's a lot of support for the idea of doing something beyond attending the game so hopefully we can find enough activities to make a full weekend of it.

Agreed that the lack of an organised gathering on Saturday night was disappointing. And I can confess to my own bit of anti-social behaviour in being too knackered to go any further out than the pub one block from my hotel on Friday.

I was also more than a bit annoyed by the timing cock up on Sunday morning. Having announced on here and on the Facebook page that I fancied heading to IHOP for Sunday breakfast, and having got a small group together, I was really pissed off to get messages saying "get to reception, we're here, we're leaving now" an hour earlier than had been announced, just after our food had been served. If we're going to change plans, we need to do it a lot earlier than Sunday morning.

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned was the seats. Yes; I know that we're incredibly fortunate that we get tickets at all at Gillette - let alone for a group our size - but those nose bleed seats were dreadful, and very expensive. And sure - I know I got some gentle leg pulling for dropping off in the first half - but truth is, as well as being knackered and under the weather after a week running around the US, I was bored, and felt completely detached from the game in a way I haven't before.

Having been back down on the lower level at Houston on Sunday night (admittedly at a cost - though the face value of my ticket was $40 less than we paid at Gillette), I know that I will think long and hard before future road trips if the 300 level seats are the best we are offered. Hopefully the complete waste of space that is the Field House will be recognised as hopeless, and that area will be restored to seating.

Also - and I know this is going to be contentious - we do need to think about the tailgate. Without in any criticism at all of our hosts, I think that a number of us road trippers need to step up and be more supportive of Paul, Boris and Howard - especially the Moderators and repeat road trippers. In previous years people have brought coffee and trays of donuts, or pizzas along with them. And we could help out more with the grilling. A number of us grill regularly at home, and could take a turn behind the coals/propane. And we could easily extend beyond the pulled pork and chilli to ribs, chicken, burgers/sliders, shrimp, burnt ends etc. OK - we're challenged by lack of fridge space in most hotels, but if we're playing in a late game there is time to buy some fresh food before heading to the stadium.

Waspie,

As a 2011 road tripper I agree with a lot (probably all) of what you say.

I think as a "currently one time road tripper" (I wait for my kids to be rich enough to come again, but 2018 could be possible) there are a few who know each other and a majority who do not. Consequently there is a certain lack of what happens and am I stealing someones role/job who always does this.

It is also a subject which is difficult to broach because of the, as you say, "without any criticism . . . ". Paul, Boris and Howard do a great job and without them there would be no tailgate.

We probably need more to be involved in the planning. It could be that first timers have to drive a car, only 2nd timers and above don't have to unless they want. From Saturday morning a fixed schedule is planned and people buy into it or say when they are going to join - such as Patriot Place followed by team dinner, followed by breakfast followed by game. And how about non-drivers required to bring beer and a list of foods. Yes it is boring unmasculine non-maverick but having been to a tailgate at the Jags where there is about 40 of them and there are Gazebos and guys turning up to start roasting at the crack of dawn, maybe we should take some of the hassle away from our US guys.

Like where did the "Road Trip 2015 Crew" jackets come from? I have my suspicions of who organised that because of his previous track record of finding personalised momentos.

Oh and let's see, who went to see Falcons AND Eagles - you're banned!

Agreed that the lack of an organised gathering on Saturday night was disappointing. And I can confess to my own bit of anti-social behaviour in being too knackered to go any further out than the pub one block from my hotel on Friday.

I was also more than a bit annoyed by the timing cock up on Sunday morning. Having announced on here and on the Facebook page that I fancied heading to IHOP for Sunday breakfast, and having got a small group together, I was really pissed off to get messages saying "get to reception, we're here, we're leaving now" an hour earlier than had been announced, just after our food had been served. If we're going to change plans, we need to do it a lot earlier than Sunday morning.

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned was the seats. Yes; I know that we're incredibly fortunate that we get tickets at all at Gillette - let alone for a group our size - but those nose bleed seats were dreadful, and very expensive. And sure - I know I got some gentle leg pulling for dropping off in the first half - but truth is, as well as being knackered and under the weather after a week running around the US, I was bored, and felt completely detached from the game in a way I haven't before.

Having been back down on the lower level at Houston on Sunday night (admittedly at a cost - though the face value of my ticket was $40 less than we paid at Gillette), I know that I will think long and hard before future road trips if the 300 level seats are the best we are offered. Hopefully the complete waste of space that is the Field House will be recognised as hopeless, and that area will be restored to seating.

Also - and I know this is going to be contentious - we do need to think about the tailgate. Without in any criticism at all of our hosts, I think that a number of us road trippers need to step up and be more supportive of Paul, Boris and Howard - especially the Moderators and repeat road trippers. In previous years people have brought coffee and trays of donuts, or pizzas along with them. And we could help out more with the grilling. A number of us grill regularly at home, and could take a turn behind the coals/propane. And we could easily extend beyond the pulled pork and chilli to ribs, chicken, burgers/sliders, shrimp, burnt ends etc. OK - we're challenged by lack of fridge space in most hotels, but if we're playing in a late game there is time to buy some fresh food before heading to the stadium.

I guess you get out of these trips what you put in.

You are welcome, by the way.

Waspie,

As a 2011 road tripper I agree with a lot (probably all) of what you say.

I think as a "currently one time road tripper" (I wait for my kids to be rich enough to come again, but 2018 could be possible) there are a few who know each other and a majority who do not. Consequently there is a certain lack of what happens and am I stealing someones role/job who always does this.

It is also a subject which is difficult to broach because of the, as you say, "without any criticism . . . ". Paul, Boris and Howard do a great job and without them there would be no tailgate.

We probably need more to be involved in the planning. It could be that first timers have to drive a car, only 2nd timers and above don't have to unless they want. From Saturday morning a fixed schedule is planned and people buy into it or say when they are going to join - such as Patriot Place followed by team dinner, followed by breakfast followed by game. And how about non-drivers required to bring beer and a list of foods. Yes it is boring unmasculine non-maverick but having been to a tailgate at the Jags where there is about 40 of them and there are Gazebos and guys turning up to start roasting at the crack of dawn, maybe we should take some of the hassle away from our US guys.

Like where did the "Road Trip 2015 Crew" jackets come from? I have my suspicions of who organised that because of his previous track record of finding personalised momentos.

Oh and let's see, who went to see Falcons AND Eagles - you're banned!

If you mean the Cardinals AND the Eagles, then guilty as charged.

As for drivers, I completely disagree about 2nd timers and above not having to drive. There are some people who NEVER drive and are completely happy to take advantage of the good will of others. Nice.

As for the "Road Trip 2015 Crew" jacket - look again. It actually says "Road Trip 2006 Crew" and these items were organised from the UK, and offered for purchase to all. What's your point?

comments on this thread has really pissed me off.

as a fan group we are extremely lucky to have 1) access to tickets at the quantity we want 2) that we have people who arrange it 3) we have paul and Boris to lay on tailgate (even thou they get cash for it)

i want to touch on each subject separately

Seats

i actually liked them. only issue i can see is it takes longer to get there meaning less tailgate time

meetup

i have seen many comments on this after the trip. i didnt see anyone suggest it before we went. it has worked in the past but sadly we didnt have a bruins game on sat night to bring the group together.

drivers

i have every year driven as many people i can fit into my car. i rarely get thanked but never moan. maybe others can do it instead on waiting on others. the time we leave is always fluid

tailgate

i think what paul and boris lay on is great. this year we didnt have pauls balls. i have again never seen anyone suggest an alternative to the menu. maybe we next year we can get a beer list and food menu before we go

i also didnt see anyone thank me and ady for helping get 3 ex players to turn up. this i thought was a great moment on the trip.

i also didnt see many people want to help paul and boris put the stuff back in there truck

in general i think the trip works great but it up to the group not the few to plan things. can we learn from each trip of course we can but it is always up to the indivual to make of the trip what they can

i enjoyed my trip and have never had anything to complain about

Guest dave45

As a roadtripper from a few years back, I would hope there will be RTs in the future and that our reputation hasn't been too damaged. I really hope to make it to the next RT and so I hope it happens.

As for the get-together meal, Yes Yes Yes. What a great idea. I hope this idea takes off.

As for drivers, I completely disagree about 2nd timers and above not having to drive. There are some people who NEVER drive and are completely happy to take advantage of the good will of others. Nice.

I don't think that comment is fair. Drivers don't pay for parking, or at least they shouldn't. Non drivers pay anything from $10-20 so they don't have to drive and can have a few drinks. Is that "taking advantage"?

i also didnt see anyone thank me and ady for helping get 3 ex players to turn up. this i thought was a great moment on the trip.

I don't think most people knew how that happened; I didn't until I was chatting with Fred in Houston on Saturday. So I wouldn't read too much into not being thanked. Happy to do so now I know.

meetup

i have seen many comments on this after the trip. i didnt see anyone suggest it before we went. it has worked in the past but sadly we didnt have a bruins game on sat night to bring the group together.

Many of us who were staying out at Norwood did get together to watch the college football at Jake n Joes on Saturday night, as was suggested we would do before we left. It wasn't lack of a Bruins game that meant we didn't get together on Saturday, it's that the group was staying in two locations 20 miles apart.

I didn't know until now who it was that sorted out the visitors at the tailgate - so a slightly belated thanks from me - I consider it a massive bonus to have the opportunity to spend time with patriots alumni, and they seemed like genuinely decent guys as well.

It does seem to me that this thread has become a little chippy, and I think it would be more productive to look to the future than dwell on sins of the past (real or perceived) - "We're on to RT 2017" to misquote some guy on the coaching staff.

Assuming that I am able to attend the roadtrip next year, I would put forward the following.

With regards to the tailgate, I have no criticism of Paul, Boris, Howard or anyone else involved and I am very grateful for the time and effort that they put in on our behalf.

I am always going to be in favour of making things bigger, better and preferably to excess. I am happy to offer any assistance that I can - whether it is food prep, taking a spell at the grill, picking up additional food, whatever is required. With the lack of kitchen facilities it may be that I would be limited to grabbing something from a supermarket on the morning of the game, but whatever energy, skills or products I can supply in the name of "bigger, better and preferably to excess" are available to whoever would like to make use of them.

The night before, morning of, evening after arrangements are a long way in the future - My personal preference would be to at least have the option to do more things as a group, but I fully understand that not everyone runs on the same schedule and has the same preferences. I think it would certainly be of benefit to spend more time together as either a complete or partial group.

I see that Howard has begun a thread volunteering himself and Tim to make arrangements - any assistance that I can supply is at their disposal.

Edited by Chelseafan71

Excellent work by all those who are coming forward already to own specific activities for next year's trip - let's hope it will be the biggest and best ever.

Crikey guys .. calm down.

I only opened this thread to suggest an organised pre-gameday dinner. Whilst other logistic suggestions are welcome, stop reading more into them than is intended by the poster. We are a varied group and with many different expections, and all entitled to express our own preferences. We won't please all the people all the time, but I think we do a ******g dood job of pleasing most of the people most of the time.

Here's my 2p.
- A pre-gameday dinner will be the place to finalise all the arrangements for the next day.
- There are multiple internet destinations but not everyone visits all of them, and we have reduced access when roaming. One single internet destination should be agreed for communicating arrangements whilst overseas.
- Driving has always seemed to work as far as I know. I have not heard any driver complain on any trip (maybe they did to someone else).
- Sunday departure time was unclear. I personally didn't know there was a time agreed. If a time is agreed it should be adhered to.
- Knowing our US hosts, they would be horrified at the thought of us doing our own cooking (as I would be if they came here and tried to cook). They ENJOY doing it. By all means offer, but I know what the response will be.
- The seats were awful. I Hated it up there. Don't ever want to go up there again.
- Asking to be thanked for sorting out tailgate visitors Warren? Really? None is requried or expected. That isn't why we do it, and lets be honest it's not like we called the players personally. All the thanks are owed to the Patriots media cew, especially Briana.

Guest stanleymorgan

I would just like to take this opportunity to apologise to all for any behaviour that was considered inappropriate on this year's Road trip. I am fully aware of how much organising and effort must go in to setting this annual trip up and if I'm honest my whole party have been saying how brilliant the whole experience was and how much they appreciated the organising and hospitality shown by the ukpatriots members.

To Mandy and Adrian I would like to say that if I came across as discourteous it was never my intention (maybe it's just my personality), you do a great job and at no stage did I take that for granted.

To fellow roadtrippers, in the brief time that we were at the tailgate, we met some very friendly people and had some very interesting and funny chats. I know we only met a few people and to that I am sorry.

(At the airport I did recognise quiet a few faces but I had the distinct impression that we were not too popular, which is understandable, so I didn't pursue any communication other that a nod of recognition)

I initially booked the hotel in Norwood for all of us but because 2 of the group had never been to Boston before they persuaded me to rebook for Boston for the whole weekend. In hindsight this was a mistake and that is where trying to go with a large group worked against my intentions.

In terms of what happened at the stadium it seemed over zealous but lessons have been learned.

To finish, I would love to come on another trip in the future (not 2016) or attend some other UK based get together so I can spend some more time and build some bridges with fellow members and prove to you how much I value the work you do to make these things possible.

Guest stanleymorgan

As a final note...in case anyone is unaware as to what happened at the stadium...one of my party spilt some food on the concourse and at that point was accused of being intoxicated...once we spoke to the more senior officer he was fine to let him/us stay so long as we avoided any more alcohol. There was never any conflict or mention that we were part of an organised trip.

For me the seats we're amazing, by far the best we have had, you get a much better view of the field so actually see the game & watch the play unfold,

I'll not comment on the rest.

Mandy,

Apologies for the jacket comment. I just know the stuff that Howard has organised in the past (stadium bags and woolly hats) so made the assumption it was him again as I thought it was a 2015 (purchased) souvenir.

The drivers comment - never knew some had never but the idea was that 1st timers drove was a sort of "new kid" responsibility to encourage regular attendance.

Cardinals - Falcons. Both birds and it seems it is the birds that causes us the problems. Can we make sure we never see the Falcons or the Seahawks or the Ravens? ;)

Sorry :(

Mandy,

Apologies for the jacket comment. I just know the stuff that Howard has organised in the past (stadium bags and woolly hats) so made the assumption it was him again as I thought it was a 2015 (purchased) souvenir.

The drivers comment - never knew some had never but the idea was that 1st timers drove was a sort of "new kid" responsibility to encourage regular attendance.

Cardinals - Falcons. Both birds and it seems it is the birds that causes us the problems. Can we make sure we never see the Falcons or the Seahawks or the Ravens? ;)

no need to apologise to me, dude. I do know both Howard and Paul are very proud of their association with our group and both wear their crew sweatshirts with pride, yet another reason to value their friendship and contributions.

I preferred the old seats behind the end zone but frankly any seats we get are great, given that the stadium sells out every game.

I'd love the meet-up dinner to make a return, just not at Jake n Joe's; when we went in 2014 the food was average and the service was worse. TGIs or Outback are local to the hotel and pretty good.

There's no rule that says the dinner has to be out of town. All depends on schedule, kickoff time etc.

No rush to plan now. Just need a bar with food for 20-30. We can look next summer when we know dates and members.

Mandy,

The fleece in question did not originate in the US. I don't have the contacts I did back then (when I regularly ordered gear for rugby tours), but its easy enough to set up.

I wasn't there so I can't comment on the specific location, but I'm sure they were better than the end zone seats.

I personally think sitting in the end zone, especially in the front 20 rows makes it difficult with depth perception. You think someone is going to walk in for a touchdown at the lighthouse end, and they've just crossed the 20 yard line! :lol:

I've sat 300's for other events, and at a Wembley NFL game in the past and thought the view of the game was great.

The best possible seats for me would be between the 30 yard lines and the back of the 100's or in the club section. But that's why they are normally the most expensive.

Thanks Ady. As for this?

- The seats were awful. I Hated it up there. Don't ever want to go up there again.

Hallelujah. I don't want to spend a grand on a weekend and end up watching the game from somewhere in Connecticut. The whole wonder of my earliest trips to Foxboro was being at most 10 rows from the action - hearing, feeling, almost smelling the big hits.

As I've said for me the seats we're far better, got a much better view than our previous seats, could actually see the play unfold rather than turning to watch it on the big screen. Took an age to get up & down there granted but much better view of the game.

We have to remember that this is people's holiday & they might want to do there own thing.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this