husky71

2016 Foxboro Road Trip weekend

Tim (Hanks) and I would like to take on the responsibility for next season's Road Trip Weekend.

We both realize that it's way to early to plan anything now but after the season is over we will get together and discuss possibilities. Once the schedule comes out, and the 2016 game has been decided, we will coordinate a breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner for the Roadtrippers, as well as allowing for the Bruins, the Celtics, College Football and College Hockey.

As you all know, I'm retired so I have time to spend checking out venues and coordinating events for the weekend. Tim will give me the help I need, allowing for his travel schedule for his company. We will, hopefully, be able to set up a weekend that will appeal to most everyone's liking.

Once we get started, I will set up a new e-mail address so input from everyone can and will be give due consideration.

Thanks Howard - it's great to be retired :)

We do know all but one of the opponents next year:

BAL, BUF, CIN, MIA, NYJ, STL, SEA, IND/HOU/JAC

Yeah we know them all now :

Home : BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CIN, STL, SEA, HOU.

Away : BUF, MIA, NYJ, CLE, PIT, ARI, SF, DEN

We do know all but one of the opponents next year:

BAL, BUF, CIN, MIA, NYJ, STL, SEA, IND/HOU/JAC

Yeah we know them all now :

Home : BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CIN, STL, SEA, HOU.

Away : BUF, MIA, NYJ, CLE, PIT, ARI, SF, DEN

we will get st louis or cinnci

Can anybody here help?! Was told to register with Jaco for possibly joining the road trip pilgrimage by sending him a message which I did shortly after, however according to the site he has yet to read the message. Is there any other way to register or do I just wait til Jaco resurfaces? Thanks all :)

Can anybody here help?! Was told to register with Jaco for possibly joining the road trip pilgrimage by sending him a message which I did shortly after, however according to the site he has yet to read the message. Is there any other way to register or do I just wait til Jaco resurfaces? Thanks all :)

i wouldnt worry the roadtrip is long off as long as you have sent a message to him and you become active on the site which it seems you have started to do so you wont have an issue

Okay thanks Warre

i wouldnt worry the roadtrip is long off as long as you have sent a message to him and you become active on the site which it seems you have started to do so you wont have an issue
Okay thanks Warren :)

Hi all, I have only just joined the site after being a Patriot for around 5 years. I'm 20 years old and interested in the road trip, does anybody of a similar age go?

I was 20 when I took in my first road trip in 2008, and another guy on the same trip was 18. Theres definitely a few spring chickens in the group, in the 21-29 age range, but then I'd say pretty much all age ranges are covered. Everyone is great though, you wouldn't find a nicer group of people! Age is just a number.

21 is an important one Stateside though! :lol:

Hi all, I have only just joined the site after being a Patriot for around 5 years. I'm 20 years old and interested in the road trip, does anybody of a similar age go?

I was 20 when I took in my first road trip in 2008, and another guy on the same trip was 18. Theres definitely a few spring chickens in the group, in the 21-29 age range, but then I'd say pretty much all age ranges are covered. Everyone is great though, you wouldn't find a nicer group of people! Age is just a number.

21 is an important one Stateside though! :lol:

Very mixed age range on the roadtrip, but what Danny is really trying to say is there is a lot of alcohol related events and the Americans are VERY STRICT ON APPLYING THE OVER 21 drinking age limit. You will not get into any bars without passport proof of age.

Welcome Dan. As mentioned we do have a wide age range of attendees. However due to the challenges of managing the tailgate/alcohol, we no longer accept under 21s unless they are with a guardian. When do you turn 21? Other consideration, as also mentioned, is that you would not be able to get into any bars with the rest of the group if you are under 21.

Guest MylesHSG

Yes, Mass has some crazy enforcement on the drinking age. Wouldn't even except my driving licence, had to carry passport everywhere!

Yes, Mass has some crazy enforcement on the drinking age. Wouldn't even except my driving licence, had to carry passport everywhere!

But you can easily buy an assault rifle from the gun shop round the back of Fenway Park :o

I'm 21 in June - so drinking won't be a problem!

Then you are good to go! So - and this applies to anyone potentially interested in joining the roadtrip, we have a couple of requirements: 1. you need to be a registered member of the UKpats fanclub - just send a pm to Jaco who will register you with the Pats. 2. Be an active member of the board!! Join in with the discussions etc.

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know how easy it is to purchase tickets for a home game? Looking to go for the 1st time this year. I know about the road trip you guys do, but I'm travelling at the minute so doubt I'll be active enough on here to qualify

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know how easy it is to purchase tickets for a home game? Looking to go for the 1st time this year. I know about the road trip you guys do, but I'm travelling at the minute so doubt I'll be active enough on here to qualify

Depends, I know some people here have been successful purchasing tickets when they are first released, but they go fast. Standing room only tickets seem to last a little longer, but I've never had any issues with Stubhub or Ticketmaster resale for sports events in the US. Though you may have to pay a little more than face value.

I've heard ticketmaster and stubhub are the easiest ways to get tickets. Is it nearly impossible to get them from the official site?

We have used StubHub when we have travelled for games other than the roadtrip - usually plenty of availability but fairly spendy.

Another one I forgot to mention, is ACETicket. Myself and David (a fellow UKPats member) used the service to get tickets for the NHL Winter Classic. Again though, little pricey!

Guest sanj2000

Can I also add my belated (original post was in Dec) thanks to Howard for selflessly volunteering his help in organising the 2016 RT.

Any new members thinking of going on the RT this year - do it! It is great fun with friendly people, and you will get to watch the best QB you will ever see!

Would love to come along to this, so please add me to the list, at 23 as well drinking will be a piece of cake (rum and ginger)

Mass drinking age laws are a mess. It's legal for a parent to serve alcohol to a child in a private place - including a bar. But most bars card and won't let a minor enter the establishment without ID. It's not the law - it's the bars themselves that choose how to enforce the law, and would prefer to be safe than sorry.

Anyone potentially interested in this year's trip, keep an eye on this thread, where we will be pre-application updates. For now, just make sure you are a full member of UKPats fan-club by registering with Jaco.

We will update here as and when we know which game/s may be on offer.