Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots 2016 Superbowl Party

This years Superbowl Party will once again be hosted by the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill on Sunday 7th February 2016.

At this point in time, we have exclusive use of the Scarlett Bar, providing we have a minimum of 30 people.
With some slight rearranging of the seating we can get a maximum of 40 people in this area. Therefore places will be on a first come basis (receipt of payment being the determining factor)

Other factors are basically the same as last year, so the cost is an all inclusive £30 per person, which covers admission to the SB & G (remember they have a £10 per person door charge on superbowl night). Food as per the set menu below and service charge (again SB & G usually add 12.5% to all food bills, all the time)

Food is:
Cheese Nachos with dips on the side
Chicken Wings, with Carrot & Celery sticks and dips
Plain Burger in a Ciabatta Bun.
Mixed bowls of French Fries & Chunky Chips
BBQ Baby Back Ribs (usually enough for a couple each)

As we are a bit later getting this organised than usual, payment in full will need to be made to me by Monday 25th January 2016

Remember, this event will take place whoever is in the Superbowl. If the Pats are there, like last year, then it's a bonus and makes it an even better night.

There is a Travelodge literally next door to the venue, but they don't seem to have any really tempting deals on at the minute. There are several other budget hotels within a fairly short distance of the SB & G, or you just get the first train out of London on the Monday morning.

Please indicate your interest here and also PM me a current email address and I'll send the bank details to make payments (same as last year for any returning people)

List of Attendees (Confirmed & paid)

Swindon Patriot x 1
Carl03 x1
Mablc001 x 2
WelshLancsPats x 2
Dave45 x 1
kippa2005 x 1
secret tuna fish x 1
MylesHSG x 1
Rob @ Foxboro x 2
Deadly36 x 1
Buddfox x 2
Bristol Pat x 1
Count Rushmore x 2
Warren x 2
Rafterius x 1
Simon89 x 1

Grecian Patriot x 1

Damien x 2

Rat Noir x 2

Secret Seagull x 3

This years Superbowl Party will once again be hosted by the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill on Sunday 7th February 2016.

At this point in time, we have exclusive use of the Scarlett Bar, providing we have a minimum of 30 people.

With some slight rearranging of the seating we can get a maximum of 40 people in this area. Therefore places will be on a first come basis (receipt of payment being the determining factor)

Other factors are basically the same as last year, so the cost is an all inclusive £30 per person, which covers admission to the SB & G (remember they have a £10 per person door charge on superbowl night). Food as per the set menu below and service charge (again SB & G usually add 12.5% to all food bills, all the time)

Food is:

Cheese Nachos with dips on the side

Chicken Wings, with Carrot & Celery sticks and dips

Plain Burger in a Ciabatta Bun.

Mixed bowls of French Fries & Chunky Chips

BBQ Baby Back Ribs (usually enough for a couple each)

As we are a bit later getting this organised than usual, payment in full will need to be made to me by Monday 25th January 2016

Remember, this event will take place whoever is in the Superbowl. If the Pats are there, like last year, then it's a bonus and makes it an even better night.

There is a Travelodge literally next door to the venue, but they don't seem to have any really tempting deals on at the minute. There are several other budget hotels within a fairly short distance of the SB & G, or you just get the first train out of London on the Monday morning.

Please indicate your interest here and also PM me for the bank details to make payments (same as last year for any returning people)

List of Attendees

Swindon Patriot

Yeah i'm in plus one, thanks Mark

Yeah i'm in plus one Mark, thank's :)

Going to miss the first one in years i'm afraid guy's.

Currently inbetween jobs and moving at the moment so money is just too tight.

Have fun everyone going. Hopefully will be just as good as last years :)

Assuming there is space, I will be there. Very much looking forward to it! Thanks Mark for organising :)

Guest kippa2005

I'm in, can someone give me details on where the bar is so I can see if I can make arrangements please?

After last years dull, boring night, I may as well come in the hope this one will be better... :lol:

Yes, I'm in. Marylebone travelodge is currently £49 for the night. At a flexible rate so if anyone finds better nearby can always cancel.

Edited by Simon89

Guest dave45

I'm in, can someone give me details on where the bar is so I can see if I can make arrangements please?

The bar is in Marylebone rail station, although the entrance is outside.

Mark, can you please provisionally add me to the list, and I'll make a final decision for sure nearer the payment deadline? I haven't missed a UKP Superbowl party for years, but I'm provisionally going to be moving house that week, and I think I might be a bit too knackered to attend (and I'm sure the missus would prefer I didn't)

On the plus side, if I do attend, I've moved office since last year and my new office is walking distance from Marylebone so I can maximise my sleep and still make it into the office Monday morning!

Squares are also compulsory, Mark banned me from eating any more food last year until I bought some... :lol:

Edited by Simon89

Always do the squares game, but we don't have enough room to do the props board properly, so we don't do it.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

Squares are also compulsory, Mark banned me from eating any more food last year until I bought some... :lol:

It's not as fun if no one takes part!

The really bad news is I can't make it guys.

But the compensation is I'll be watching the game on Holland America's Eurodam sailing to the Carribbean :) . Hopefully with some fellow Pats fans.

I can't commit yet. Looks like I might be doing a lot of travel in the next few months; I should have a clearer picture in a week or so. Would be nice to see a Super Bowl in the US (though California's out - every hotel in the valley is booked up, and we're being advised to give travelling to the Mothership a miss that weekend).

In please, another pub crawl before? Last year was awesome.

If I'm in the UK, for sure.

I'm thinking Angel Islington this year.

The Taproom, Islington Brewhouse & Kitchen, Earl of Essex, 3 Johns and finishing at Craft Beer Co Islington.

Guest MylesHSG

In please, another pub crawl before? Last year was awesome.

If I'm in the UK, for sure.

I'm thinking Angel Islington this year.

The Taproom, Islington Brewhouse & Kitchen, Earl of Essex, 3 Johns and finishing at Craft Beer Co Islington.

Sounds fab :)

16 so far confirmed & paid

11 more on the list awaiting payment

so just need 3 for exclusive use of the Scarlet Bar.

then it will be trying to squeeze in the late comers who are waiting to see if the Pats make the Superbowl.

Deadline for payments is MONDAY 25th.

Sadly we won't be joining you guys again this year.

We (Ipswich Cardinals) have a new sponsorship deal with a venue in Ipswich, which includes hosting a Super Bowl Party at the venue, and I need to be there to make sure it goes off OK. I had a word with Tony recently and we are aiming to get to the UK Pats Party for next year, so hopefully we'll catch up soon. (On the plus side 'IF' the Pats make the Super bowl this year we watched the victory last year at the same venue....)

If anyone isn't going to the UK Pats bash this year and is in the Ipswich area you are more than welcome to join our party on the night.

Sadly we won't be joining you guys again this year.

We (Ipswich Cardinals) have a new sponsorship deal with a venue in Ipswich, which includes hosting a Super Bowl Party at the venue, and I need to be there to make sure it goes off OK. I had a word with Tony recently and we are aiming to get to the UK Pats Party for next year, so hopefully we'll catch up soon. (On the plus side 'IF' the Pats make the Super bowl this year we watched the victory last year at the same venue....)

If anyone isn't going to the UK Pats bash this year and is in the Ipswich area you are more than welcome to join our party on the night.

Hey Steve, I did see on FB that you were having a SB party with the Ipswich Cardinals.

Hope you guys have a great night and that we see the Pats lifting the Lombardi again.

Mind you if that happens, we might not let you back next year, as we will have won both years you didn't come along ;):D

Enjoy guys, looks like I'll be watching in glorious 24 inch standard definition again, not due off the rig until the Monday morning after!

Will now be in attendance seeing as don't start new job til end of Feb now. See you guys in a fortnight

Will now be in attendance seeing as don't start new job til end of Feb now. See you guys in a fortnight

Great to have you along again Andy. Very sensible of you to get in before the last minute rush. ;)

Great to have you along again Andy. Very sensible of you to get in before the last minute rush. ;)

:D Don't envy you tomorrow morning if Pat's win tonight. Expect that list to grow quite a bit lol

So are we gonna watch the 3 games to Glory DVD instead of a Manning drubbing at the SB Party? :D:ph34r::excl:

So are we gonna watch the 3 games to Glory DVD instead of a Manning drubbing at the SB Party? :D:ph34r::excl:

Yep while drinking the Moet they wouldn't serve us last year

Wish I could come along again this year but won't be able to make it. Shame it won't be the Patriots in the big game but it should still be a great night.

Is anyone going to be rooting for the Broncos? Anyone?

Is anyone going to be rooting for the Broncos? Anyone?

:lol: :lol: :lol::D :D :D I would hope not!!!

Guest dave45

Might wear a panther onesie, just for a laugh..

We could call ourselves the UK Panthers (but just for that one night).