Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots 2016 Superbowl Party

Guest MylesHSG

I've nothing against Peyton Manning (or CJ Anderson), but they are the only players on the Broncos with some class. The rest are a bunch of trash talking douchebags. Especially that Von Miller. I want Cam to smash him in the mouth. Go Panthers, I'll be dabbing with the rest of them.

If anyone hasn't booked a hotel next week yet, I've just booked a room at the Marylebone travelodge for £49. Bargain.

If anyone hasn't booked a hotel next week yet, I've just booked a room at the Marylebone travelodge for £49. Bargain.

Somewhere for me to keep warm until my train at 05.19am ;):D

Ooh, thanks for the tip, have just booked in. Paid an extra tenner for the late checkout :)

Realistically, I think I'm still going to be on crutches next weekend - I'm only walking about a dozen steps without now- and I certainly won't be able sit on a bar stool for 4 hours. I'm going onto IR :(

Guest dave45

I also have booked into the Marylebone travelodge. That was £49 and I booked a few weeks ago, so that price hasn't changed. As for pre-match drinks, in previous years we have used the Allsopp Arms, just down the road from the SB & G and the Travelodge. As for breakfast on Monday morning, Wetherspoons at Baker Street?

I'm booked in at the Euston Travel Lodge,

Plan is to have breakfast at the Sherlock Café just around the corner.

Markus and I are in the Ibis Euston so if you don't mind we'll join you for breakfast.

I'm booked in at the Euston Travel Lodge,

Plan is to have breakfast at the Sherlock Café just around the corner.

Markus and I are in the Ibis Euston so if you don't mind we'll join you for breakfast.

Sounds like a plan the more the merrier.

Guest dave45

Be warned there's a 48 hour tube strike on Saturday- Monday - http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/bad-news-theres-a-48-hour-tube-strike-this-weekend-020116?adbsc=social_20160202_57856796&adbid=10153351327467405&adbpl=fb&adbpr=297605497404

Probably not a full shutdown, but definitely a pain in the arse.

These things are often called off at the last moment. Worth listening to the news and keeping up to date. Anyway, not really a problem for me, a short(ish) walk from Paddington to Marylebone. The buses are also running, of course.

Be warned there's a 48 hour tube strike on Saturday- Monday - http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/bad-news-theres-a-48-hour-tube-strike-this-weekend-020116?adbsc=social_20160202_57856796&adbid=10153351327467405&adbpl=fb&adbpr=297605497404

Probably not a full shutdown, but definitely a pain in the arse.

These things are often called off at the last moment. Worth listening to the news and keeping up to date. Anyway, not really a problem for me, a short(ish) walk from Paddington to Marylebone. The buses are also running, of course.

Done that walk a couple of times myself Dave ;)

So we have a nice group of 30 for this years party, so everyone should have a little bit more room than last year :D

There will of course be a Super Bowl Squares running for everyone to have a little flutter and help to keep things interesting, so don't forget to bring a bit of gambling money.

I would suggest that people arrive at the SB & G from 10.30pm as the game doesn't kick off until 11.30. That will give time to settle in, buy some squares and they will probably start serving the food from about 11pm.

There will be a guest list on the door with security for access to the SB & G.

Everyone can obviously make their own arrangements for pre-drinks, personally, I will be getting into London around 4.30pm and will probably head to The Allsop Arms, 137-143 Gloucester Place. NW 5AL.

If there are any other planned meets, please let people know on this thread.

Guest dave45

probably head to The Allsop Arms, 137-143 Gloucester Place. NW 5AL.

Great minds think alike, See you in there.

So we have a nice group of 30 for this years party, so everyone should have a little bit more room than last year :D

There will of course be a Super Bowl Squares running for everyone to have a little flutter and help to keep things interesting, so don't forget to bring a bit of gambling money.

I would suggest that people arrive at the SB & G from 10.30pm as the game doesn't kick off until 11.30. That will give time to settle in, buy some squares and they will probably start serving the food from about 11pm.

Everyone can obviously make their own arrangements for pre-drinks, personally, I will be getting into London around 4.30pm and will probably head to The Allsop Arms, 137-143 Gloucester Place. NW 5AL.

well done SP.

i dont think i could last over 4 hours in AA always nice to hit a few differnet bars and end up at AA at around 8pm

Similar to last year I'll hopefully be getting into Euston just after 5pm so will probably heading to a place around Euston just after 5pm and heading towards Allsop and SB&G.

well done SP.

i dont think i could last over 4 hours in AA always nice to hit a few differnet bars and end up at AA at around 8pm

Warren i was beginning to think you had a drink problem when talking about a meeting at the AA, then sussed you meant the Alsop Arms, lol

Hi guys, I've messaged Mark already but due to personal circumstances Jo and I won't be attending on Sunday so if anyone here wants to join the group and cheer on the Panthers, let Mark or I know.

We both hope everyone has an enjoyable time watching Peyton crumble one last time! Jo is a diehard fan now thanks to you lot :)

So the tube strike has been called off in case anyone expected trouble on Sunday or Monday.

I'll be heading for the Euston Tap around 7pm, stopping for a couple then heading towards the Allsop Arms just prior to the SB&G. Red Gronk will be the jersey of choice for anyone going there that doesn't know me (Alex).

Yeah, I'm also aiming for the All sop at 8. I will be wearing that <-- cap and a very battered Brady jersey from SBXXXIX

Have fun guys. I wish I could be there. I have the time but the $$ didn't allow the trip. See some of you at next season's Roadtrip.

Guest MylesHSG

I'm at the Allsop now, bit early but by the time I get home it'll be time to come out again. Garoppolo Jersey if you don't know me.

Enjoy the game all, whereever you end up watching it. Shame the Pats arnt in it but I think over the next couple of seasons there'll be a shot at Number 5.

Have a great evening.

Yes, thanks Mark and thanks to all for being so welcoming to the new bloke. I had a great time and will be up for more.

As Warren says the game was a disappointment but great to catch up with people last night as well as meeting some new faces. Thanks Mark for arranging everything again.

Another awesome SB party! and an awesome bunch of people!! Really enjoyed it. Even though we witnessed the worst SB ever!

Thanks Mark for all the time and effort you put into this.Fab!!!

Guest dave45

Thanks Mark for organizing the evening. Great as always (apart from the actual match).

Massive thanks to Mark for organising and all of you guys for being such good fun. Here's to many more in the future!

Thanks to all the guys that came along (and Fran). Was great to meet up with old friends again and meet some new people.

I hope we all made you newbies welcome and that you enjoyed yourselves. Wasn't a great game, but I don't think it was as bad as some people are suggesting.

Not the result most of us were hoping for, but never mind it was still a good night.

So Sunday 5th February 2017, Super Bowl LI, put it your diaries and get the Monday booked off work.

Sounds like you all had a great time as always. Also great to see the newer members making an appearance and enjoying themselves too! Hope I can see you all on a future RT.

Guest dave45

Sounds like you all had a great time as always. Also great to see the newer members making an appearance and enjoying themselves too! Hope I can see you all on a future RT.

Danny, we all missed you. It would be lovely to meet up again one day. You are always welcome