Sign in to follow this  
waspie

2016 Away Game Roadtrip discussions

My most likely trip is Arizona. 12 years since the Pats have played a regular season game in the desert. Cards away at Sun Devil Stadium was my first Pats road trip, and I really want to go back. I had a couple of days in Phoenix for work after last years road trip and remembered what a fun city it is. Plus I might get to the Grand Canyon this time.

My most likely trip is Arizona. 12 years since the Pats have played a regular season game in the desert. Cards away at Sun Devil Stadium was my first Pats road trip, and I really want to go back. I had a couple of days in Phoenix for work after last years road trip and remembered what a fun city it is. Plus I might get to the Grand Canyon this time.

Yeah that would be one good trip, or San Fran

I'm hoping to get to the Arizona game as well. Phoenix is a great city and very different from Boston so it's worth spending a few days there if you get the chance.

Paul Danny and myself are thinking of a trip to the Cleveland game with a stop at canton for the HOF - depending on Danny's schedule and my capacity to take the abuse we might do Buffalo again as well

Paul Danny and myself are thinking of a trip to the Cleveland game with a stop at canton for the HOF - depending on Danny's schedule and my capacity to take the abuse we might do Buffalo again as well

Is it that bad in Buf?

Really ? that's vile. Did the steward not offer any help ? (sorry if that's a daft question)

Nope, there were hardly any around anyway

Really ? that's vile. Did the steward not offer any help ? (sorry if that's a daft question)

Nope, there were hardly any around anyway

Creatures

I definitely want to attend the Bills road game this year, had it happened this year, my record would still be unbeaten at 8-0! Nevertheless, Denver was fun.

Cleveland has been on the cards for a few years for me. Used to work with a guy from Cleveland. He is the only Browns fan I have met, and I told him I didn't believe there was any more, and want to visit the dog pound to ensure it isn't a hologram!

Canton would also be cool to tie in. I heard it's not a far drive from Toronto. surprising really. 4-5 hours.

Me & my bf are planning on going to the cardinals game this year (could be interesting since he's a cards fan!!) will be trying to get a home game on the same trip too :)

If the Jets road game is before December 4th I'll be at that also looking at either San Fran or Arizona. A trip to Pittsburgh also looks appealing.

A trip to Pittsburgh also looks appealing.

This has to be the first time anyone has ever written that sentence. :)

Aha aye, although the place isn't great the game could be special if we are both injury free!

I definitely would like the Browns game inbetween 2 home games. I think tickets will be easier to get than the Steelers but I could be wrong, I normally am!

Seeing Cleveland on a map it looks easy-ish to get to and from Boston using some sort of public transport plus Ann Arbor isn't too far from Cleveland to see a Michigan football game

Aha aye, although the place isn't great the game could be special if we are both injury free!

My buddy from work is from Pittsburgh and he has assured me Pittsburgh is a great city but get's a bad rep! Said we would go together the next time they played at Heinz Field, so we'll see. As long as I get to one of Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Cleveland, I'll be happy. All about my schedule for me though.

Danny,

Paul, Ben and I have already been considering to go to the Browns game as well and we have already decided to take in the Hall of Fame in Canton. You are more than welcome to tag along, as long as our car isn't full. At the rate I'm seeing Cleveland and Canton mentioned in the same breath, looks like we are looking at a van. Once the schedule comes out, let's talk.

Edited by husky71

Danny,

Paul, Ben and I have already been considering to go to the Browns game as well and we have already decided to take in the Hall of Fame in Canton. You are more than welcome to tag along, as long as our car isn't full. At the rate I'm seeing Cleveland and Canton mentioned in the same breath, looks like we are looking at a van. Once the schedule comes out, let's talk.

Sounds good Howie, though I know of 4 of our contingent north of the border who are thinking of making the trip! So a van may be in order!

Danny,

Howard - Are you thinking of driving all the way or are you going to fly and get a rental?

If we all drive down from TO then we are talking multiple vehicles and a van not required (depending on how many are coming with you)

i am not sure what the tailgating situation would be in Cleveland - I remember there being a pats tailgating group that could be worth looking into

Howard - Are you thinking of driving all the way or are you going to fly and get a rental?

If we all drive down from TO then we are talking multiple vehicles and a van not required (depending on how many are coming with you)

i am not sure what the tailgating situation would be in Cleveland - I remember there being a pats tailgating group that could be worth looking into

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PatsTG/?fref=ts

This group I noticed sorts out tailgates at road games. Probably the best place to look for info of tailgating with fellow Pats fans.

I'm still very interesting in doing Cleveland, just depends on work situation come October, which is miles away yet!

San Fran for us. Already got a hotel booked for game day, virtually next to the stadium.

• Upvote 1

San Fran for us. Already got a hotel booked for game day, virtually next to the stadium.

Its a nice ground. Parking is a nightmare, so you've done well.

To the Canadian crew - Unfortunately Ben and I won't be able to go to Cleveland. After running in 10 - 1/2 marathons over the past many years, Ben has decided to run his 1st full marathon in Chicago the Sunday of the Cleveland game.

To the Canadian crew - Unfortunately Ben and I won't be able to go to Cleveland. After running in 10 - 1/2 marathons over the past many years, Ben has decided to run his 1st full marathon in Chicago the Sunday of the Cleveland game.

It's a shame you won't make the Cleveland game but I wish Ben all the best in the marathon - we'll have to catch up sat the roadtrip instead

Have had great fun at away games previously and Denver last was a great trip. This year I like the look of either Arizona or San Fran.

San Fran for me as well, I'll also do NY road game. Spending 1 and a half months in Cleveland in the summer so don't fancy another trip there.

worth doing the tour which I did last year. Some cool stuff in there including a locker room for the Raiders!

I've booked my hotel for the Cleveland road game this week. it's within touching distant of where the Cavs play than any where near the Browns' stadium. My ticket cost me just over £120 for a lower level seat through nfl ticket exchange, not in the dawg pound section thankfully!

• Upvote 1

I'll be at Arizona with my cardinals bf

Just need to try and get tickets now

I've booked my hotel for the Cleveland road game this week. it's within touching distant of where the Cavs play than any where near the Browns' stadium. My ticket cost me just over £120 for a lower level seat through nfl ticket exchange, not in the dawg pound section thankfully!

If I am still in my job by this time, I should be off for both the RT and the Browns game. I have time booked off until early Sep and my 3 week rotation has me coming off late September, what a coincidence! :ph34r:

I think I will look for tickets a little closer to the time, but this one is definitely on the radar. The UKPCC should hopefully be in full force!