mrs laz

2016 Roadtrip - voting COMPLETED

2016 Roadtrip - which game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 roadtrip - which game should we choose?

• Dolphins: Sunday 18th September
    • Texans: Thursday 22nd September
    • Bills: Sunday 2nd October
    • Rams: Sunday 4th December

Random question but how much approximately it cost per person? (Flights, Hotel, Game)

Not fair to vote unless I could commit to going, it's definitely something I want to do though long term

Random question but how much approximately it cost per person? (Flights, Hotel, Game)

Not fair to vote unless I could commit to going, it's definitely something I want to do though long term

You can do a long weekend (tickets, flights, hotel, food and drink), out Friday, back Monday, for about a grand.

There's always someone willing to split a hotel room, you can get around Boston on public transport and a train out to Norwood (where we spend Saturday night) and if you're happy to cover the driver's parking cost you should be able to get a car share to the stadium.

Obviously with baseball/basketball/hockey tickets, a bar tab in the Pourhouse you don't want to look at until you get home, and the temptation of the Pro Shop, it's easy to spend a lot more than that.

I am going for the fins with either the bills or Texans as a reluctant second - I have seen the bills several times and a bunch of bills fans in the area isn't going to improve anything, but I don't really fancy a Thursday game in pyjamas. Biggest factor of all is avoiding a drive to foxboro in December - got lucky last year but don't want to push it

Just as a reminder to all.....in order to considered eligible to apply for tickets, you must be a fully registered member of the fanclub. Also, for those newbies who are just joining, our general requirement is that you introduce yourself in the forum and participate in the community. We are not a ticket office and the roadtrip is for active community members. Thanks.

Have chosen the Bills, would require 2 tickets, is that 2 votes for the Bills or just one?

Rams would be the 2nd choice, also require 2 tickets.

Please follow forum rules and make an introductory post to the community.

The voting procedure at this point is simply to give an indication of the most popular game and will also take into account 2nd choices and voter profiles.

Those eligible to apply may apply for up to 2 tickets per person and we also prioritise the application process if demand outstrips supply. Please bear in mind though that we are not a ticket office - roadtrip is for active members of the forum.

You can do a long weekend (tickets, flights, hotel, food and drink), out Friday, back Monday, for about a grand.

There's always someone willing to split a hotel room, you can get around Boston on public transport and a train out to Norwood (where we spend Saturday night) and if you're happy to cover the driver's parking cost you should be able to get a car share to the stadium.

Obviously with baseball/basketball/hockey tickets, a bar tab in the Pourhouse you don't want to look at until you get home, and the temptation of the Pro Shop, it's easy to spend a lot more than that.

Thanks for the response, something to consider, not sure if I would be able to do this year tbh but might be a option next year, saving up for a house, holiday for NYC next year etc.......

Have kept my vote for the texans however this doesnt seems likely now! if it gets to crunch time and you need a vote somewhere then Rams will be the one!

Hoping to make it this year but haven't voted as not sure I could get the time off. I'll wait, see what games decided on then try and get the time.

Noticed the Rams game had fallen behind so have amended vote, one of my mates from work (dont worry he is a Pats fan) would want to come along as well so would probably be needed 2 tickets :)

Edited by Mikerolfe31

To re-confirm: First place vote in this poll is not the only factor we take into consideration. We also look at 2nd place votes (hence the request to indicate this) as well as activity and tenure, with weightings applied to each category. So - no-one is "falling behind" at this stage.

Further reminder: NO-ONE is guaranteed a ticket (except our Founder, FulhamPatriot, if he decides to join). Prioritization will also take place at the application stage.

Hope that clarifies.

Guest sanj2000

I did post earlier but the post never appeared! Oh well - let's try again :

I voted for the Rams game, because I don't think I will be able to get time off work for the Sep/Oct ones.

I voted for the Rams game as it's the only one I'm able to attend so didn't make a vote for the 2nd game

Bills for me

Care to introduce yourself? Go to the new members forum.

Hmm. I was hoping to come along for the first time this year, but I can't make the first three due to my cousin's stag do and wedding.

Might be able to make the Rams game, but need to find a job first !

Voting is completed - the selected game will be the Bills on 2nd october.

Application details to follow shortly.