mrs laz

2016 Roadtrip - voting COMPLETED

2016 Roadtrip - which game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 roadtrip - which game should we choose?

• Dolphins: Sunday 18th September
    • Texans: Thursday 22nd September
    • Bills: Sunday 2nd October
    • Rams: Sunday 4th December

I am pleased to announce that we have been offered the following choice of games for the UKPatriots 2016 roadtrip:

Sunday 18th September: vs Dolphins ($135)

Thursday 22nd September: vs Texans ($105)

Sunday 2nd October: vs Bills ($105)

Sunday 4th December: vs Rams ($105)

Note: Ticket prices are face value and indicative only - actual deposit will be in Pounds Sterling and will be uplifted to reflect contribution to tailgate costs, as usual.

Tickets will be in the lower 300 section.

IMPORTANT: Please only vote if you are seriously interested in attending the roadtrip. UPDATE: We would also like to know who is voting for which game as well as people's 2nd preference so please can those who have voted already pop a quick post in to let us know!

The poll will remain open for the next two weeks and close on Friday 20th May, after which time we will open the application process. All final decisions will be at the discretion of the moderating team.

Happy Voting - and GO PATS!

just as a guide for people to consider first 3 games offered are at this moment 3 of the 4 game brady is suspended for

Good point Warren

That is a very good point, i was basing on trying to avoid the international series games, first of which is the 2nd October!

Would rather see Tommy play but really don't want to see the Rams again or go in December.

So it's looking like a Jimmy game for me.

I'm already going over for the Rams game in December, so id love to travel over with you all for that. Was really hoping for the Ravens the week before as well, that's a pity...

Definitely wouldn't be able to make the first 2 games as my current job stands. I have time booked off late August/early Sep already. Given I am not sure about what will be happening at that point though it wouldn't be fair to vote in the poll.

If I did, it would be Buffalo or LA.

Unless a financial mini miracle occurs I'm out this year so won't vote-- if that miracle does occur, I'll just go with whatever the masses have chosen...

(I wudda chosen the Bills game tho'!)

I'm planning to go to the road game in Phoenix, so would stay on in the US if it's the Dolphins (though I'll probably try to source my own ticket - I really hated those nose bleeds). I don't think I can see myself doing any of the other dates.

It's great that they've offered us what might be very competitive divisional games. Plus a home opening game would be great, whoever is lined up behind center. If it's Jimmy, he'll need all the help we can give him. And the cheers of Brady Brady will be awesome.

That's great news Mandy. Thanks for setting this up again.

I'm leaning towards the Bills as well. Thursday game isn't good for me and many of us saw the Patriots vs. Rams in London a little while ago. There's still no word from either the team or Brady on whether he's going to appeal so there's a chance the suspension is put on hold again.

If anyone's planning seeing another sport while they're here, Houston is the one for the Red Sox as they play the Yankees at Fenway during the preceding weekend. Bills & Rams are best for hockey but the Buffalo game will be during preseason for the Celtics. Too early to know if they'll be home or away though.

I Voted texans in the end, am attending all 3 international series games so miss them!

I'm wanting to change my vote from the Rams to the Texans.

Don't you have the option to delete your vote? (And presumably recast)

I'm wanting to change my vote from the Rams to the Texans.

Don't you have the option to delete your vote? (And presumably recast)

Oh yes you do (as i already have!)

Wow - really surprised how many votes are going to the least competitive game on paper, and a matchup many of us have seen before.

Rams for me. Would rather see Brady even if it's against the Rams again. It's also the only choice with a possibility of a Bruins game.

A couple of friendly reminders:

Do NOT make any travel arrangements or commitments to any game until the final decision is confirmed.

Anyone interested in joining must be a full UKPatriots member.

We are not a ticket office. We expect everyone joining to actively participate in the community.

Gonna go with the Rams. Only so many years left I'd get to see 12 play. Also. Seeing the LA Rams in their first year back could be interesting.

Also, I'm voting in hope here as I've just bought an apartment so with mortgage repayments amongst other things I might be struggling. Fingers are crossed though.

Wow - really surprised how many votes are going to the least competitive game on paper, and a matchup many of us have seen before.

Who would want to miss Chris Long's much anticipated game against his former team?!

I would like to vote for the Bills game.

But as I've already paid for everything to be flying out for that game, it would be great to see another game with the group. I've only seen one game with the UK Pats back in 2013, the other games I've went to see were on my own at Gillette. Plus I don't arrive at Logan Airport until 8pm the night before the game and only using public transport / taxi's it's gong to be a nightmare getting to the RT hotel that late.

Maybe I just to convince myself everything will fine!

I voted but fine with any of them, can't wait!

Worth noting for the Red Sox fans among us that the Sox are at home playing some bums from New York the 15th, 16th,17th and 18th September.

Saving for mortgage at the minute so unlikely to be able to attend this year so won't bother voting. Hopefully be able to go to next years!

Quick update: I forgot to say that we would also like to know who is voting for which game as well as people's 2nd preference so please can those who have voted already pop a quick post in to let us know!

Cheers :-)

Voted Dolphins, second preference would be Texans as I might be tempted to do both games and stay for the week.

1st choice Dolphins (would definitely go)

2nd choice Texans (would probably go = another chance to cheer for Vince)

Probably wouldn't go to the Bills. Definitely can't go to the Rams.

Thanks guys! (with apologies for my ineptitude....)

First choice Bills

Second choice Dolphins

Edited by Carl03

I've voted for the Rams. I'm already booked to see the Bengals game in October so the Rams in December is the only other game I could make

I'll be in Boston for the Dolphins & the Texans games - just need tickets :) 2 if possible

Changed my mind- Dolphins on the 18th sept- Preceeded by Springsteen at foxboro on the 14th!!!

Good call!

My first choice was the Bills game (forgot we could miss out on TB12!)

second choice would be the Texans.

Have chosen the Bills, would require 2 tickets, is that 2 votes for the Bills or just one?
Rams would be the 2nd choice, also require 2 tickets.