Sign in to follow this  
Carl03

Red Sox game RT weekend

I know Not everyone is a baseball fan let a lone a Sox fan but, the Red Sox play their final regular season series, against the blue jays RT weekend, I'll be in Boston that weekend regardless and hope to be on the RT, was wondering if anyone wanted to attend the game with me? It has the added advantage of being Big Papis final regular season series at Fenway and the sox offence is the hottest in baseball right now. I'm open to attend either the Friday or Saturday game.

Edited by Carl03

We would be up for this. I know Jamie is interested too. We would probably plump for the Friday game, then we can go out in Boston after.

Yeah the Friday night game sounds like a plan. For those wondering Sox tickets range in price from $108 to $35 for seated tickets. But if there is enough of us we would get a group rate.

If my application for the road trip is successful I would be very interested (2 tickets) depending on price. We were talking about going on the Friday night game if we are on the road trip.

Never seen the Red Sox at Fenway, but did it have to be the Blue Jays? That's all I ever see!! :lol:

I'd be interested if I can make the RT!

Edited by d_loughran292

The Red Sox have got back to me and the Minimum group booking is 20.

Could you not tell them you are a Liverpool fan so they will give you special treatment? ;)

Edited by aldopatriot

Could you not tell them you are a Liverpool fan so they will give you special treatment? ;)

I don't like to name drop but I agree being a fan of that fantastic football club should come with benefits ?

I don't like to name drop but I agree being a fan of that fantastic football club should come with benefits

Absolutely second that :D

If I make the final cut, then count me in too.

Hey all,

Now we pretty much know the final makeup of the trip should we start to get a count together?

Unless everyone is up for tickets then I don't think there will be enough for a group booking, unless Jamie can sweet talk the ticket office with his Liverpool connections!

I am more than happy to coordinate as long as I am not stepping on anyone's toes.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hi guys,

Sorry about this, I've just started a new job & completely forgot about it, I also haven't got a credit card so wouldn't have a way to pay myself.

Ned If your happy to do the sorting out that's fine. i'll PM you, they wouldn't budge on the group numbers I'm afraid

More than happy to coordinate. PM me with your requests, only requirement is payment up front .

Let's set a deadline of 2 weeks, so interest in tickets and payment to be received by Friday 15th July.

I am happy to go for tickets at the cheaper end of the scale, however if anyone has specific requests based on experience then do let me know - this will be my first trip to Fenway.

I will be on the VS011 flight on Friday 30th September so will be arriving into Logan by 3.30pm local time so I guess we could all arrange to meet up in a bar near Fenway sometime before the game starts at 7pm for distribution of tickets.

Any questions then just let me know!

Cheers,

Neil.

I'm in for the Red Sox, happy to sit in the bleachers to keep the cost down, 41,42,43 were always my preferred areas in the bleachers

Was having a play on the ticket site and there are not large quantities of seats all together in the bleachers. Right Field Grandstand has availibility in block 2, tickets are $34 plus just over $5 worth of fees per ticket.

So if we call it $40 a ticket or with an exchange rate of 1.30 then thats £30.76 per ticket.

Hey Warren, I am going on the trip to have a good time not to be a ticket tout!

I am happy to organise this but don't want to be out of pocket and trying to sell a load of tickets on the day.

I will definitely be up for going

Cheers Mablc.

Grandstand seats would be fine with me, however you may wish to cross check the seats you are offered with this list to make sure there are no obstructed view seats which the grandstand is littered with. http://www.headspinsoftware.com/red-sox-fenway-obstructed-view-seats.html

Cheers Carl, will make sure I do this before I click buy.

Just to confirm its the Friday evening game we are planning for...

Still a maybe, but I'll buy a ticket.

Cheers Danny.

I could be up for two tickets too

Cheers Andy.

Hello All,

Just thought I would make a list of those who have shown interest so far. I will PM everyone with payment details so I can get these ordered by the end of next week.

Confirmed so far:

• nedpears (2 tickets) paid
  • Carl03 (1 ticket) paid
  • Mandy (2 tickets) paid
  • Jamie (1 ticket) paid
  • Mablc001 (1 ticket) paid
  • D-Lo (1 ticket)
  • Chelseafan (1 ticket)
  • Andy Wales (2 tickets) paid
  • Seasider (2 tickets) paid
  • Yabba (2 tickets) paid

I will PM you all with my bank details for payment by next Friday 15th July.

With the £ falling like a stone I am going to ask for £32 a ticket initially to hopefully cover all the fees and such, any money left over I will hand over to Mandy to put towards to tailgate on Sunday.

Any questions or concerns then just give me a shout!

Many thanks and looking forward to my first Red Sox game!

Neil.

Edited by nedpears

Hello All,

Just thought I would make a list of those who have shown interest so far. I will PM everyone with payment details so I can get these ordered by the end of next week.

Confirmed so far:

• nedpears (2 tickets) paid
  • Carl03 (1 ticket) paid
  • Mandy (2 tickets) paid
  • Jamie (2 tickets [2nd ticket to be confirmed])
  • Mablc001 (1 ticket) paid
  • D-Lo (1 ticket)
  • Chelseafan (1 ticket)
  • Andy Wales (2 tickets) paid
  • Seasider (2 tickets)

Yabba still to confirm.

I will PM you all with my bank details for payment by next Friday 15th July.

With the £ falling like a stone I am going to ask for £32 a ticket initially to hopefully cover all the fees and such, any money left over I will hand over to Mandy to put towards to tailgate on Sunday.

Any questions or concerns then just give me a shout!

Many thanks and looking forward to my first Red Sox game!

Neil.

Hello all,

Thanks for the payments received so far. I have been monitoring the tickets this week and they are starting to shift quite rapidly so I really want to order tomorrow so we don't miss out.

Please let me know ASAP if you are still planning on coming so I can firm up the final number and order.

Just as a heads up I have been cross checking seats allocated on the online booking when looking at availability versus the seat map Carl sent and I am now being given seats that are affected by the obstructions. When I book I will do this over the phone to try and get seats without any obstructions, but there may be one or two affected.

If this is the case then we will just have to play musical chairs between innings so that 2 or 3 people don't get the bum seats for the whole game.

Many thanks,

Neil.

Fine with me, I will sort it in the morning, need a code to set up the payment online!

Fine with me, I will sort it in the morning, need a code to set up the payment online!

Cheers Danny.

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone that has shown an interest and paid. I will be ordering later on once the ticket office opens and I can speak to someone.

I will order 15, so that includes D-Lo and Chelsea (with you both being on the other side of the pond I know its a bit more of a challenge with the payment).

Will keep you posted with details of where the tickets are once they are booked. Also I should be able to email them over to you all as they offer an instant delivery service.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hey Neil, payment all sorted, apologies for the delay. Forgot about it first thing this morning, but its only 11am here so still made it before the close of business there! Thanks for sorting!

Hey Neil, payment all sorted, apologies for the delay. Forgot about it first thing this morning, but its only 11am here so still made it before the close of business there! Thanks for sorting!

? Edited by nedpears

Money is in my account - cheers!

Hello All,

Tickets have been secured!

We have the whole of rows 9 and 10 in Right Field Grandstand Section G1. I ended up ordering 16 as there were 8 seats per row and I figured if one of the UKPatriots group doesn't want the extra ticket then I am sure I can get rid of it.

As mentioned earlier a couple of seats in each row will have a restricted view of either the pitcher or the hitter (I am even getting up to speed with the terminology!) So we will have to mix it up a bit throughout the game, however I am sure this will not be much of an issue. Also by taking both complete rows we will end up with 4 seats on the aisles.

All in all I am happy, hopefully you guys are too and a special mention to Ray who assisted me with the purchase over the phone ?.

Tickets will be mailed in the post to me on Monday, so I will distribute ahead of the game once we are all stateside. However if anyone specifically wants them mailed ahead of the game please PM me.

All the best,

Neil.

Edited by nedpears

thanks Neil - cant wait! Pourhouse afterwards? :-)