Sign in to follow this  
waspie

Dolphins week 2 - The not the road trip road trip

As previously announced, I'm off to Phoenix for the week one game against the Cardinals. Very good - if horrendously scalped - tickets already secured.

Heading to New England for a few days on the way home. Springsteen at Foxborough on the Wednesday, and Red Sox against the Yankees at the end of the week, before the Pats on the Sunday.

Anyone else going to be over that week?

I'll be in NY, but if ticket prices drop to a decent level anytime between now and the game I'll head to Boston for the weekend.

I'll be at the Phoenix game too then heading to New York before the Dolphins game

I am in Boston that weekend, just not got a ticket yet. I will be getting one, just waiting to see how prices go and when they officially start selling them. I would love to meet up with a fellow fan before the game as never been to Foxboro before.

Got my sideline ticket when they went on sale. Great to meet up with people.

If someone is going and is driving with a spare seat and wouldn't mind a polite person, I would love to take them up, as I'd love to take in as much atmosphere as possible.

First post here, but thought I would say hi.

Am on a 2 month tour of america taking in the sights and many NFL games. As a long term Patriots fan I am going to both the Dolphins and Texans games. Thought it was perfect to catch two games at home. Shame Tom won't be playing but fingers crossed!

know tailgating is a big thing there so do people from here gravitate to a certain one, or is it about heading to a local bar? Be good if anyone had any info.

Cheers

We have some American members (Husky71, Bruschifan and others) who organise the tailgate for us when we go over; it takes place in the parking lot before the game (and any leftover beers get polished off afterwards while we wait for route 1 to clear a bit)

I've looked into flights, but there's no sensible way I can do this one and be back in California on Monday morning. A home opener remains on the bucket list.

Going to the home game against the dolphins, got tickets on stubhub. Staying in Boston from the Thursday before the game and coming back to the uk on the monday night after the game.

This is our first trip to gillete and we are planning on taking the train to the game on the Sunday, unless someone can tell me a betterway of getting there, Any ideas??

Also what would you definitely not miss in boston.

Thanks phil

If you are going on the train you will miss the tailgating as there is only one train and it gets in just before kick off and leaves as soon as the game is finished. The only other option is to hire a car and drive down on game day.

Loads to do in Boston. Personally I really like the north end, lots of really nice restaurants and bars.

If you haven't been before then the freedom trail is quite interesting as it gives you plenty of history, especially around the war of independence. You can get a guided walk from the common which is well worth the money.

Going to the home game against the dolphins, got tickets on stubhub. Staying in Boston from the Thursday before the game and coming back to the uk on the monday night after the game.

This is our first trip to gillete and we are planning on taking the train to the game on the Sunday, unless someone can tell me a betterway of getting there, Any ideas??

Also what would you definitely not miss in boston.

Thanks phil

If you like beer, do the Sam Adams tour, it's free (bar a donation) and fills an afternoon with beery goodness.

Breakfast in the Pour house is also a thing of beauty.

I would hire a car for a couple of days drive to the game and also use it the other day to visit the outlets at wrentham. Another must do in Boston is the trolley tour, you,lol find out all about Boston and can get on and off at different interesting places.

If you like beer, do the Sam Adams tour, it's free (bar a donation) and fills an afternoon with beery goodness.

Breakfast in the Pour house is also a thing of beauty.

I think the Sams tour is a bit over-rated and touristy - remember that most "Boston" beer is brewed in Cincinnati, so the Boston brewery is mainly used for doing small batches and for show.

Harpoon on the other hand is very good (and I've done a lot of brewery tours, from the tiniest micro up to the biggest brewery in Britain).

They have a nice new(ish) beer hall, where all of their regular and seasonals are available - as well as some great freshly baked pretzels. The tour is informative and you end up in the tasting room where you're able to sample as many beers as you want for 10 minutes. That can be a lot of samples!

I love the Salty Pig in Back Bay, which has a great beer list to accompany platters of great local charcuterie and cheese.

And if your liver and stomach is up to it, the Starlite Lounge in Somerville has a legendary Monday brunch. It's rightly popular with the rest of the Boston bar trade. Killer bloody mary's to wash down waffles, bacon, eggs, cornbread etc.