Sign in to follow this  
mrs laz

UPDATED 2016 Roadtrip vs Bills - event thread

A joint party on the Saturday night sounds like a great idea and it will be good to meet the Arizona guys.

Thanks Graham, nice one

email went around everyone seems to be up for satnight with AZ pats

all that needs to be sorted this week is the hotel in norwood

Looks like things are coming together and thanks to everyone who responded to Warren's mail.

The Hampton Inn only has three double rooms available as there is a large party coming in for the same game who booked out 60 rooms last October. However, many of the king rooms also come with a sofa bed so that gives another option on sleeping arrangements. I'm hoping to get the price down as well but naturally there's no telling what the exchange rate will be by then. WiFi and breakfast is still included.

They're going to get the paperwork out to Howard and we'll let everyone know the booking details once it's done. If you book before that then you won't get the UK Patriots rate.

It's been 2 weeks since both Tim and i were promised by Darrell Smith at the Hampton Inn that he would send out a contract to me. I haven't heard from him.

The Courtyard has finally responded to me and I am presently trying to get the price reduced from the same $169 as the Hampton Inn plus they will include a complimentary continental breakfast. I could probably get their contract faster than the one from the Hampton Inn.

I'm really sorry that I'm not getting immediate responses to my e-mails and phone calls but I cannot force them to respond.

I finally received an e-mail with a contract from the Hampton Inn.

So now we have a choice. Either the Hampton Inn or the Courtyard. The Courtyard is closer to Gillette Stadium by 1 mile and they can offer enough double rooms to accommodate the RTERS whereas the Hampton Inn has only a few double rooms but can provide enough singles with a fold out couch to accommodate the RTers. I can go either way. Just let me know so by the end of this week accommodations can be up and running.

If the price is the same then the Courtyard seems to make more sense to me.

Hello All,

Cheers Howard, I agree with DG31 - the Courtyard makes the most sense based on the room availability. Unfortunately I got jittery last week after Tim's message and booked a double room at Hampton Inn directly as I didn't fancy the sofa bed option :P. But its no bother as I will have a car for the weekend and will meet everyone at the Courtyard on the Sunday morning with space in the back for 3 more roadtrippers.

Neil.

Hi Howard thanks for your efforts, I am happy with The Courtyard also as long as they will take a one night booking.

Andy - I'll check with them but in the past they did.

Neil - Did you make a non-canellable reservation?

Hello Howard,

Unfortunately not, it was cheaper to buy in advance. It will be fine though as we have a car and it's only a short ride down route 1 to get to the other hotel.

Cheers,

Neil.

Howard - Thanks for the hard work getting the hotels sorted - The courtyard seems to make more sense to me as well

Am i correct in guessing you will send out a booking link when you have it available?

Based on the few responses here regarding the fact that the Courtyard is a better choice, we will go in that direction. Just give me a few days to finalize things and get the booking link set up and listed.

Great. Thank you for your efforts on this Howard, they really are appreciated.

The contract with the Courtyard has been signed and returned for processing. In the next day or so I will be receiving a link and a phone number to make reservations. We have 12 rooms available for both 10/1 and 10/2 for all Rters: 2 king with a sofa bed and 10 queen/queen rooms. The price is $169/night + taxes. I have also received a complementary continental hot breakfast for everyone staying at the hotel, limited to 2 per room per day. Reservations can be made up to 9/9, although I would appreciate all reservations be made well before then. On 9/10 all unreserved rooms will be removed from the room block. If you want to make a reservation for only 1 night, that can be done. I'm working on getting the discount for anyone arriving before 10/1 and staying after 10/2.

Once a reservation is made I would appreciate a PM here to confirm along with any roommate. I will be monitoring the reservations to be sure that only RTers are making the reservations with the hotel.

You will be hearing from me once I receive the link and phone number.

Edited by husky71

Thanks Howie, great work as always

Here is the e-mail I received from Sheila at the Courtyard:

So excited to see your signed contract come through today! I’ve gone ahead and held the rooms for the UK Patriots for October 1 & 2. Below is the link that they can use to book the rooms individually and provide their individual credit cards for booking.

Please note that breakfast for 2 ppl is included in each room each day. This breakfast will be in the form of an “E-Coupon” which will pop up at the cash register when they purchase breakfast. It allows each person coffee and any hot breakfast plate -or- coffee & 2 cold breakfast items. Unfortunately, there is nowhere that your guests will see this on the reservation link or confirmation page as it is something we have to do manually here at the hotel after reservations are made.

Book your group rate for UK Patriots

A few notes:

1) If you want only 1 night and it doesn't work please let me know.

2) If you want to arrive before 10/1 and stay after 10/2 let me know

Don't forget to PM me when your reservation is made and be sure to include the name of your roommate if you are sharing the room. I want to be sure that only RTers are taking advantage of the room block.

Edited by husky71

Guys

There is now a spare ticket for the RT game.

DM me if interested. It is just for the game so flights, hotels etc etc will need to be sorted by yourself.

quick question - is there a hotel in boston that a bunch of roadtrippers are staying at on friday night that is handy for the pourhouse and the baseball? if anyone needs/wants a roomie for friday night in said hotel let me know,.

The Midtown is just and over priced motel lol. But 'Ted' was shot there so there's that. Great spot for The Cheesecake Factory too.

I'm sure the YMCA would be fine too Chris.... similar location to the Midtown.

I see most people are paired up for the weekend, I can't justify spending $500 for the weekend when I can crash at a mates for free. So unless anyone wants to share I'll be staying in Boston for the weekend. Thanks to Howard for sorting the hotel though.

I see most people are paired up for the weekend, I can't justify spending $500 for the weekend when I can crash at a mates for free. So unless anyone wants to share I'll be staying in Boston for the weekend. Thanks to Howard for sorting the hotel though.

I would be up for sharing a room pal.

OK - so we are about 5 weeks away from the big weekend, so here's an initial framework of how events are shaping up ***stay tuned for more updates as we move towards the weekend itself**:

Friday 30th September:

• · Post-baseball game (2300hrs onwards): Pourhouse, Boylston - don't forget your photo ID if you want a drink!
  • · For non-baseball folks, feel free to gather here earlier in the evening.

Saturday 1st October

• Waxy O'Connors, Foxboro - 1930hrs-2230hrs
  • Pre-game party - hosted by NEP fans of Arizona Fan Club
  • No need to register - all Pats fans welcome

Sunday 2nd October

• Usual gameday plans apply - we will take as few cars as we need by car-sharing. Costs of parking ($40 per vehicle) to be split by car passengers - drivers do not pay. As always, thanks to those kind enough to step up and drive - this is a key part of making gameday work as well as it does, and is much appreciated.
  • We are a group of 24 so this means we will need between 4 and 5 vehicles, depending on their size.
  • ·We will leave the group hotel (Courtyard Norwood) around 0830hrs to be in the parking lots as they open at 0900hrs - so make sure you are in the lobby between 0800 and 0815 to avoid last-minute delays
  • If you are going out for breakfast PLEASE allow plenty of time to be back at the hotel and ready to leave with the group.
  • Tickets will be distributed at the tailgate
  • Paul (bruschifan) is currently discussing and co-ordinating tailgate arrangements, which will be confirmed on here closer to the time

Well jel, wish I could make it. Been too long. Especially as Andy is making a RT return this year :(

Cheers Mandy for the update - are we allowed to start getting excited now?!

For Sunday I will be driving and will have space for 3 in the back as we have an SUV. We are staying at the Hampton Inn but will make sure we are at the Courtyard for 8am.

Looking forward to the trip!

Neil (and Roger).

All sounds good. I know I'm going to be in Arizona in two weeks time (probably sat in a pub, pre-baseball, round about now), but the road trip will be special as always.

I've got the UKPats flag. I'm obviously taking it to Phoenix, but is there anyone London or East Anglia based going on the road trip who I can pass it on to after I get home (on or after 25 Sept)? Otherwise I'll post it to Mark and Mandy.

If you are posting it to Manchester, we leave on September 28th so you need to make it snappy :-) Have fun in Arizona!

Really looking forward to catching up with everyone, shame a few of my buddies won't be there this time but it's been a while since my last RT.

Thanks to everyone who's worked to put everything into place

Should have space for 3 in the car, driving up from RI the morning of the game.

Thanks! We will more than likely take you up on this offer.

If you are posting it to Manchester, we leave on September 28th so you need to make it snappy :-) Have fun in Arizona!

Another option could be to see how much it would cost to post it to Canada from Arizona then and I'll fetch it down with me?

Another option could be to see how much it would cost to post it to Canada from Arizona then and I'll fetch it down with me?

This sounds like a good plan to me.

OK - I don't get back until the 25th, so I'll either get Scott from NEPFCA to bring it with him, or if I don't see him after the game, I'll mail it to Paul or Howard.

Sounds awesome, just booked the hotel for Norwood for myself and Carl. Just need to sort out Friday evening, and flights, but that will be done in the coming week or two.