Sign in to follow this  
mrs laz

UPDATED 2016 Roadtrip vs Bills - event thread

Sounds awesome, just booked the hotel for Norwood for myself and Carl. Just need to sort out Friday evening, and flights, but that will be done in the coming week or two.

I've already got the Friday night sorted, told you before.

Sounds awesome, just booked the hotel for Norwood for myself and Carl. Just need to sort out Friday evening, and flights, but that will be done in the coming week or two.

He's getting forgetful Jamie, but then he is getting on a bit now. ;):D

He's getting forgetful Jamie, but then he is getting on a bit now. ;):D

Catching you all up!

Yeah, a couple more years and you'll be allowed to drink there...

It's 2016, I've been able to drink for years. Must be 2008 you were thinking of....when Brent Webb was still playing Rugby!

Quick update:

• We will be tailgating with the Arizona fanclub crew. Paul is finalising the details, more to follow.
  • As suspected, the plummet of the exchange rate means that the deposit paid initially has only covered the ticket costs. Thanks Brexit..... We shall be asking for additional funds from each person, not to exceed $20, as the contribution to the tailgate costs. The plan is to do this in cash over the weekend itself. More to follow once confirmed.

Thanks Mandy for the update,

Its getting close now! if you need any assistance with anything from me just let me know, I would be happy to help.

All the best,

Neil.

Don't forget the Red Sox tickets ! :P

Mandy, did they ever make it to yours?

Looking forward to this whole weekend, should be great.

Don't forget the Red Sox tickets ! :P

Mandy, did they ever make it to yours?

Looking forward to this whole weekend, should be great.

Dont worry, they are currently nestling next to our passports :-)

gutted to not be there :angry:

Me too... especially as I'll now be in the US until the middle of next week. And both the 49ers and Raiders are on the road, so no chance of a live game this weekend. No college ball either - should have gone to see Stanford last weekend.

A bit OT - The game is the afternoon of the 1st night of the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashana). If there are any RTers

who are Jewish and would like to have a Rosh Hashana dinner at my home on Tuesday with my family feel free to PM me thru this site.

Thanks all !

Great day, interrupted by a poor game, hope everyone made it to outback for the late game, we had a few sleepy looking guys in the car.

Great trip as always, just a shame about the result. A huge thank you to all those who go to all to trouble to arrange these trips, it really is much appreciated.

And yes a good few of us made it to outback for a meal and some of the late game, not sure that anyone saw the end of it though.

Just wanted to echo Ian's comments, another great weekend over in MA with the low point surprisingly the performance by the Pats. Fortunately the excellent tailgating with free flowing Sam Adams Octoberfest and copious amounts of food before and after the game more than made up for that.

Cheers to everybody who makes these trips such a big success!

Not a great performance by the Patriots but it's still great to be at the game. Thanks to everyone who organized the trip; there must be a lot of work behind the scenes to make it run smoothly and it really is appreciated.

The highlight had to be David Ortiz's 500th home run for the Redsox, followed by the pre-game tailgating, all very civilised with Bloody Marys and crackers and cheese for breakfast, followed by a double dose of Paul's balls with the minutemen.

The highlight had to be David Ortiz's 500th home run for the Redsox, followed by the pre-game tailgating, all very civilised with Bloody Marys and crackers and cheese for breakfast, followed by a double dose of Paul's balls with the minutemen.

Second that on the Ortiz homer!!

Paul's balls were a little too spicy for me this year, I'm ashamed to say I couldn't handle it. Though it might have been because I was feeling a little rough from the night before, I really wasn't ready for that at that time of the morning. Was lucky to have the Sams on hand to cool them off a little. Special mention for the meat after the game (the sausage with cheese, the pork cooked in JD or something, and the steak bites - all just fantastic!).

Great trip overall, thoroughly enjoyed it as always. It was great to meet friends both old and new, experience 3 of the 4 Superbowl rings up close, hold a minuteman's (Neil's) musket before taking a selfie with horse!

The Pats game was indeed a shame, but that was overshadowed by the great company, great food, the free flowing booze and an epic first game for myself at Fenway. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising it.

one familiar arse also

Thanks very much to everyone that puts their time and effort into making the road trip the success it is - much appreciated

Edited by Chelseafan71