Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots 2017 Superbowl Party (Fully Booked Up)

This years Superbowl Party will once again be hosted by the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill on Sunday 5th February 2017.

At this point in time, we have exclusive use of the Scarlett Bar, providing we have a minimum of 30 people.
With some slight rearranging of the seating we can get a maximum of 40 people in this area. Therefore places will be on a first come basis (receipt of payment being the determining factor)

Other factors are basically the same as last year, so the cost is an all inclusive £30 per person, which covers admission to the SB & G (remember they have a £10 per person door charge on superbowl night). Food as per the set menu below and service charge (again SB & G usually add 12.5% to all food bills, all the time)

Food is:
Cheese Nachos with dips on the side
Chicken Wings, with Carrot & Celery sticks and dips
Plain Burger in a Ciabatta Bun.
Mixed bowls of French Fries & Chunky Chips
BBQ Baby Back Ribs (usually enough for a couple each)

As we are a bit later getting this organised than usual, payment in full will need to be made to me by Friday 27th January 2017

Remember, this event will take place whoever is in the Superbowl. If the Pats are there, like 2 years ago, then it's a bonus and makes it an even better night.

There is a Travelodge literally next door to the venue, but they don't seem to have any really tempting deals on at the minute. There are several other budget hotels within a fairly short distance of the SB & G, or you just get the first train out of London on the Monday morning.

Please indicate your interest here and also PM me a current email address and I'll send the bank details to make payments (same as last year for any returning people)

List of Attendees (Confirmed & paid)
Swindon Patriot + 5 Pats fans visiting from the USA
Grecian Patriot
Carl03
Secret Tuna Fish + 2
Dave45
Rob@foxboro + 2
Jaco
Simon89
mablc01 + 3
WelshLancsPat
Deadly36
Bristol Pat
Buddfox
Damien + 1
MB_22 + 1
Warren + 1
Patman + 1
Waspie
Matt Ringsell
Glasgow Pat
jcissel2000
JTVUK

mijobra + 1

Guest dave45

I am on for this. I will sort out payment tonight

Edit; Payment sorted!

Edited by dave45

There as always Mark

Mark, I am in. My email address is the same, so will make payment as soon as you send something around. Bring it on!

Sadly going to have to miss it this year, but for good reasons. All being well, Baby Graham will be making an appearance some time in the next few weeks, so I will be "volunteering" to do the night-time feeds on Superbowl night, whilst cheering the Pats on to another SB win with our newest fan!

Edited by Wycombe Patriot

Sadly will have to miss out on this special occasion as I've moved to Switzerland. But hoping to be a part of it again next year!

Can't mss two in a row can I!

But let's hope Drive for 5 will be Going for 6 next year.. :D

Sadly going to have to miss it this year, but for good reasons. All being well, Baby Graham will be making an appearance some time in the next few weeks, so I will be "volunteering" to do the night-time feeds on Superbowl night, whilst cheering the Pats on to another SB win with our newest fan!

I would have thought that this was the perfect opportunity to book a night off from night-time feeds. Earn the brownie points by doing a couple in the bye week

leading up the Superbowl <_<:ph34r:

Sadly will have to miss out on this special occasion as I've moved to Switzerland. But hoping to be a part of it again next year!

Sorry to hear that Markus, perhaps Gareth wont get quite so pissed without you there leading him astray :P

Can't think of anything better, than to be with a great bunch of people, i'm in Mark, Think i still got the bank details on record, if they're the same Mark!

Edited by rob@foxboro

Hi Mark, can you put up with me for an evening? I've missed these nights :)

If I'm in the UK, then yes. Strong possibility I might be in the US, but that should be confirmed this week.

Have fun guys. I can't commit to taking time off work as I've just spent it all in one go on a lengthy holiday, but will no doubt be cheering the Pats on that evening, envious of the party!

I can't make this one (first in a while) because I'll be in New England skiing, so not all bad!

3 Bruins games while in Boston as well.

Hopefully the night repeats a couple of years back. Have a great night to all who go.

Sorry to hear that Markus, perhaps Gareth wont get quite so pissed without you there leading him astray :P

:lol: Need someone to look after Gareth in my absence. I'll hopefully take over that part next year again! :P

Mark just take the pints off him if it gets too bad :lol::D

Will of course cheering the Pats on from Switzerland as any given Sunday!

Thanks as always for organising this Mark. I will definitely be there. Not sure yet about Pam - babysitting duties may be a problem.

Thanks for putting this together once again Mark.

Myself +1 (Darius who was with us last year)

Much appreciated.

I would have thought that this was the perfect opportunity to book a night off from night-time feeds. Earn the brownie points by doing a couple in the bye week

leading up the Superbowl <_<:ph34r:

You try negotiating with a nine-month pregnant lady and see how you get on!!

Sadly we won't be joining you guys again this year as myself & Mrs PatsFanUK have been asked to 'work' at our (Ipswich Cardinals) Super Bowl Party. Tony will also be attending our party in Ipswich to continue our tradition of watching the Super Bowl together.

Have fun in 'that London' guys - UK Pats SB Parties are always great nights.

Sad to be missing a few regulars this year, put also great to see a few old friends returning.

22 Places confirmed and paid for. I'm getting ready for the rush on Monday once we've beaten Pittsburg

Sad to be missing a few regulars this year, put also great to see a few old friends returning.

22 Places confirmed and paid for. I'm getting ready for the rush on Monday once we've beaten Pittsburg

The kiss of death, saying that Mark! it will be a tough game, and pray we progress.

I am keen to come along. This will be my second Super Bowl in London but my first with your group.

Newish to the U.K., I'm from Sydney where the kick off is usually 10am on Monday, so I've been taking the day off for the past ten years and getting on the turps early.

Anyone unsure about attending the SB party within the UKPatriots group, don't be, i'ts one of the best nights of the year anyone could have, with like minded friends and Patriots fans from far and wide for this great annual event, plus like Mark says if the Patriots are in the final there will be a scramble for tickets that's for sure.

Guest JetGough

Been away for a while... are there any tickets left or have they all be allocated now?

Chris,

I watched the Superbowl in Sydney once - Broncos v Falcons in 1999. Felt very odd watching at that time of day !

Ticket requests going to go mad in 3,2,1...........

Any chance of a ticket Mark? :lol:

Jokes of course.... this will be the 4th consecutive Superbowl, and the 5th time in the last 6 years that I've been on the rig. Next year.... :D

Hope you guys have a great party -

mark - you gonna do a props board and the squares this year? i wouldn't mind a transatlantic punt if you are willing to take a paypal

Hope you guys have a great party -

mark - you gonna do a props board and the squares this year? i wouldn't mind a transatlantic punt if you are willing to take a paypal

Hi Chris.

I'll be doing a squares game again this year, but not the props board. They have rearranged the layout of the Scarlett bar and there isn't enough room to do it.

As Damien said, I'll be there. Many thanks for putting this on again Mark, very much looking forward to it. Especially after last night!

No pub crawl this year; I'm coming down from Sheffield via Ipswich, so won't get into town until about 8. I'm going to drop my stuff off at my hotel (Holiday Inn Oxford Circus) and pop into BrewDog in Soho for a couple before heading up for the traditional pre-gathering at the Allsop Arms.

There is a decent craft beer pub in Marylebone these days - The Globe on Lisson Grove. Sadly, it's not open on Sundays.

I'm new to the board, but would love to join you guys! I can't stand the thought of watching this one alone without any other Pats fans! I've been in London for a few years, but just now found out about this group.

If you're not sold out, I am 100% in and can't be more excited about watching with you guys.

Edited by jcissel2000

Ok. Screw it. Me and Ringsell are in.

Wouldn't be the same without you.

I question my sanity and my bank balance questions me, but the drive for five is alive.