Sign in to follow this  
Dannyh1991

How to get tickets for a Patriots Home Game

Hello, just signed up for the forum and was hoping for some information or opinions.

In December me and my Girlfriend went to New York and really wanted to travel up to Foxborough for the Rams game, but because of factors like transport, extra hotel, NFL flexible time games, difficulty to get tickets etc it never actually materialised.

But now I really feel the need to go to a home game, unfortunately for my wallet I really want to go to the first game of the season since it will be electric after winning the Superbowl.

How have other people attended, Patriots games at Gillette Stadium? After last year's research I'm thinking of paying the $200 deposit for 2 places on the season ticket waiting list and having the option to buy tickets through the Ticket Exchange, after I'm home I can cancel my season tickets and get the deposit back. It should be safer than Stubhub?

Hello Dannyh1991. Welcome to the MB.

The UKPatriots travel to Gillette Stadium annually. They have a maximum number of tickets allocated to their needs. To be considered

for the opportunity to become part of the Roadtrippers you have to be formally enrolled on this site (I believe Jaco is the contact

for that), and you must participate on a regular basis in the discussions here. You should go to the 'events' section of the MB and

see more about the annual Roadtrip and who goes to individual games. Have fun here during your stay.

Edited by husky71

Hello, just signed up for the forum and was hoping for some information or opinions.

In December me and my Girlfriend went to New York and really wanted to travel up to Foxborough for the Rams game, but because of factors like transport, extra hotel, NFL flexible time games, difficulty to get tickets etc it never actually materialised.

But now I really feel the need to go to a home game, unfortunately for my wallet I really want to go to the first game of the season since it will be electric after winning the Superbowl.

How have other people attended, Patriots games at Gillette Stadium? After last year's research I'm thinking of paying the $200 deposit for 2 places on the season ticket waiting list and having the option to buy tickets through the Ticket Exchange, after I'm home I can cancel my season tickets and get the deposit back. It should be safer than Stubhub?

Others may correct me on this, but I don't think the season ticket waiting list and Ticket Exchange is the best way to go. I understand that the availability of tickets on the Ticket Exchange is next to nothing, and those that are available are not good seats. Your best bet is either to try buying single game tickets when they go on sale to the public (there is a pre announced time, but it's similar to buying for Glastonbury, they go fast. And you have to pay via Visa), or to go to a reselling site like StubHub. This has proved the most reliable route in the past, but of course you will end up paying a premium. And I'm guessing if your heart is set on the first home game, it will be a significant premium.

As Husky says, though, if you want to get to Gilette but don't mind the game, get involved on here and apply to join our next road trip. It's quite an experience with 20 - 30 other UK based Pats fans, with lots to do throughout the weekend.

Finally, welcome to the site!

I know that a lot of people are confident using Ace tickets - they're Boston based and have a number of physical locations around the city. Not cheap though, https://www.aceticket.com

David and I used AceTicket for the NLH Winter Classic at Gillette stadium, and I have experience of both buying and selling on Stubhub and Ticketmaster Resale. The latest one was the Jets road game last year. As has been mentioned, there is obviously a premium on using those sites if you're not successul in the general sale, but you would be very lucky to get a ticket there. Given the difficulty in obtaining tickets and the chances people not from the area get to go the games, the premium is worth saving for!

Others may correct me on this, but I don't think the season ticket waiting list and Ticket Exchange is the best way to go. I understand that the availability of tickets on the Ticket Exchange is next to nothing, and those that are available are not good seats. Your best bet is either to try buying single game tickets when they go on sale to the public (there is a pre announced time, but it's similar to buying for Glastonbury, they go fast. And you have to pay via Visa), or to go to a reselling site like StubHub. This has proved the most reliable route in the past, but of course you will end up paying a premium. And I'm guessing if your heart is set on the first home game, it will be a significant premium.

As Husky says, though, if you want to get to Gilette but don't mind the game, get involved on here and apply to join our next road trip. It's quite an experience with 20 - 30 other UK based Pats fans, with lots to do throughout the weekend.

Finally, welcome to the site!

Thanks man this is really helpful for me as I too wanna get to my first game this season!

Going to be in Boston for the Chargers game. Hopefully everyone selects that as the RT game. If not though, does anybody know if the likes of stub-hub prices come down a bit after general sale? Cheapest currently is $235ish, I've bought from stub-hub and vivid seats before and don't remember prices being that high. Is it worth paying a deposit to get on the wait list & trying to get tickets through the wait list pre-sale? Will probably need 4 tickets. Any advice anyone has would be awesome!

As jcuza says the resale sites are not cheap.I have also scrawled through them for tickets for the chargers game and thought they were quite expensive.

I need two tickets for both me and my son,it will be our first visit to Foxboro.Does anyone think they may reduce the prices or should I just go ahead and buy them now.Are there any particular sites to avoid,the ones I have looked at were seatgeeks,ace and stubhub.

As I do not drive,I am thinking about taking the train from Boston on the Saturday and doing the tour at patriot place plus stocking up on souvenirs in the pro shop.

On the day of the game we are going to take the Patriot train.

Could anyone advise how long we should allow to do the tour? Also is the Patriot train reliable on getting there in good time and more importantly is 30 minutes after the game sufficient time to get back to the train if we stay to the end?

Looking forward to our trip and hopefully see the pats continue there rich vein of form!!!

Any advice on the above would be very much appreciated.

Hello all, also new to the site and keen to get involved with discussion and a trip this year, despite his glorious backhand to Father Time I I fear my time may be running out to see the GOAT playing in the flesh. Pats fan from Portsmouth.

Hello all, also new to the site and keen to get involved with discussion and a trip this year, despite his glorious backhand to Father Time I I fear my time may be running out to see the GOAT playing in the flesh. Pats fan from Portsmouth.

Yes, you better get on it now. EA are tempting fate by making him the cover athlete on this seasons Madden!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-laughs-at-curses-graces-cover-of-ea-sports-madden-18-goat-edition/

Edited by d_loughran292

That's my mind made up, if the UK Patriots will have me i'm there.

Loves the TB12 curse videos, it would be such a Tom Brady thing to do if he had an absolute stormer the year he is meant to have the Madden curse..

Hi all. Looking to go to my first Pats game in October as planned a visit to New York/Boston at the same time. Have read the best chances of getting a ticket are using Ace Tickets or Stub Hub. No problem doing this and realise it will be a premium. One question though - does anybody know if its best to get online ASAP and secure a seat or just wait until nearer the time? Wasn't sure if more tickets go online nearer game time and prices come down at all or better seats available?

Thanks.

Hi all. Can anyone point me in direction of a company that arrange these trips? I'm looking to take the wife to Boston and hopefully go to the game v dolphins.

Thought it would be easier if there was a company who arranged it rather than booking it all seperately?

Went to Miami 18 months ago for the bills game and bought tickets through ticketmaster. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated