mrs laz

Roadtrip 2017 - Poll closed

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should we choose for RT17?

• vs Houston Texans - September 24th
    • vs Miami Dolphins - November 26th

We have now received our options for the group trip in 2017 - we have been offered the choice between Texans in September and Dolphins in November. For those who are serious about attending this year's trip, please go ahead and indicate your preference in the poll.

A few things to bear in mind:

• Price: Flights are generally cheaper later in the season
  • Other sports: Red Sox in September, Bruins in November
  • Weather: fall or winterish
  • Shopping: Christmas shopping season officially starts the day after Thanksgiving!

Again, please ONLY vote if you are serious about attending. In the event of a tie, Admins' decision is final.

The poll will be open for the next couple of weeks (closing on Friday May 26th), after which time we will confirm arrangements for applying.

Dolphins game, good divisional rival and interested to see Landry's sweep prediction

I've gone for Texans, earlier games are generally preferable for me from a weather standpoint

Went for the Dolphins game, they've improved in the offseason so a good competitive divisional game Thanksgiving weekend. With the chance of a Bruins and Celtics game. Although I'd also do the Texans game.

Isn't US Thanksgiving the week before? I thought we were in Mexico for the Raiders game Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanksgiving is Thursday 23rd November this year

Texans is my vote, but happy to attend either if we're honest.

Divisional games have an edge, but jj watt and O'Brien versus bill...

Edited by Yabba's Turd

I am voting texans - better weather for the drive down to boston and less likely to freeze at the tailgate, but either game is good with me

Texans feels better from a tailgating perspective. And of course, we have this thing with a non-dome stadium.

Also, there might be a slim chance that I could talk the wife into a fortnight in Florida finishing up with the Bucs game. :-)

On the other hand, one could have a double-tuna sandwich in November/December with a little vacay in between. Miami in early December might be nice... :-)

Not sure yet, and also there is this thing that I need to make sure that I can get a wheelchair accessible seat.

But I would very much like to join the RT again this year, if possible.

Dolphins.

I will do back to back games and fly up from Mexico if we go for that one. Texans is a no starter for me.

Texans feels better from a tailgating perspective. And of course, we have this thing with a non-dome stadium.

Also, there might be a slim chance that I could talk the wife into a fortnight in Florida finishing up with the Bucs game. :-)

On the other hand, one could have a double-tuna sandwich in November/December with a little vacay in between. Miami in early December might be nice... :-)

Not sure yet, and also there is this thing that I need to make sure that I can get a wheelchair accessible seat.

But I would very much like to join the RT again this year, if possible.

Dont worry - we have flagged the need for a wheelchair accessible seat + companion to the ticket office contact.

Dolphins for me. Divisional game for the 2nd year in a row. Potentially the more competitive game. Also the opportunity for some Bruins action if the NHL schedule is kind to us. Notwithstanding it's Black Friday that weekend and the potential for some shopping deals.

Edited by seasider

I am voting texans - better weather for the drive down to boston and less likely to freeze at the tailgate, but either game is good with me

Blue Jays v Red Sox series starting the following day too I believe, Chris

Although I prefer warm weather, I am a Viking! ?

Early December in Foxboro can be either or,and it has been known to be mild.

But if there is snow, I'm pretty much screwed. ♿️ in ❄️ is a real biatch.

But we might need to wait and see. ?

@Mandy, thanks for keeping me in mind in communications with front office ???

Well if I had any annual leave to spare then Thanksgiving and the Phish would be a no brainier, but unfortunately I will have to give it a miss this year and plan a return in 2018!

As long as you bring back a win, or even see some points being scored by the Pats, something we didn't manage on either count last year then it will be a good trip :D

Have a ball guys!

Finances permitting, its defo the Dolphins. Opportunity to combine it with Raiders the week before seems like to good an opportunity to miss... who needs money?

Not voting as I cant 100% commit to it at this point as im already going to the Miami road game. However if I can then my choice would be the Dolphins in November and just to help I've seen direct flights for £305 from for that weekend with Delta

Can't make the Texans so it's the Dolphins for us.

but unfortunately I will have to give it a miss this year and plan a return in 2018!

Have a ball guys!

Gutted you won't be there mate.

I went with the Dolphins. My current work schedule has me working for the Texans game. I hope it clears up in time for November but as is the case each year, I'm up in the air! I'll hopefully be able to get a ticket as normal and hope for the best.

but unfortunately I will have to give it a miss this year and plan a return in 2018!

Have a ball guys!

Gutted you won't be there mate.
You will have to have a beer or two on my behalf!

After a brief discussion with my family in RI, I've changed vote to the dolphins game, they want me there for some turkey before Sunday's game.

Got to be Texans for me as I'm in Orlando for Christmas shopping 18th-30th November

Got to be Texans for me as I'm in Orlando for Christmas shopping 18th-30th November

Got to be cheaper and easier for you to do that at Brent Cross :P:D

Dolphins game for me, flights and hotel already booked for me and the wife :)

Welcome to the forum. I note you are a Quiet member - could you please pop over to the New Member thread and introduce yourself? You also need to be a full member of the fanclub to apply. Finally, stay active on the board and in discussions as the trip is for active members of the community. Thanks!

...btw; if the Dolphins game does win the poll, and anyone's wondering what to do in Boston on Thanksgiving, there are a lot of restaurants and bars that serve a Thanksgiving Dinner. Might be a nice option for any road trippers who are in town by Thursday to have a group dinner (obviously somewhere they're showing the games).

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/blog/2016/11/01/thanksgiving-restaurants-open-2016/

...btw; if the Dolphins game does win the poll, and anyone's wondering what to do in Boston on Thanksgiving, there are a lot of restaurants and bars that serve a Thanksgiving Dinner. Might be a nice option for any road trippers who are in town by Thursday to have a group dinner (obviously somewhere they're showing the games).

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/blog/2016/11/01/thanksgiving-restaurants-open-2016/

Did that the year of the Chiefs game. Not a lot of bars were open, we got beer and sat in the hotel for the early game and went for a great meal in a place, think it was an Italian, just behind Boylston and then ended up in the pourhouse for the late game fit to burst. Some night.

Did that the year of the Chiefs game. Not a lot of bars were open, we got beer and sat in the hotel for the early game and went for a great meal in a place, think it was an Italian, just behind Boylston and then ended up in the pourhouse for the late game fit to burst. Some night.

Was that the place that asked if we'd like some water and promptly added a couple of bottles of mineral water to the bill? ?

That would be a lovely idea - Thanksgiving UKPats style. We have a splendid Indian restaurant at the top of the road where we stay that does a rather fab turkey curry :-)

Got to be cheaper and easier for you to do that at Brent Cross :P:D

Shopping in the sun SP do it every year it's totally amazing mate, plus was hoping our game at Bucs was gonna fall them weeks but s#*t it didn't happen lol

That would be a lovely idea - Thanksgiving UKPats style. We have a splendid Indian restaurant at the top of the road where we stay that does a rather fab turkey curry :-)

So looks like your hoping for the fins game then mrs laz and all for a turkey curry haaaa

Was that the place that asked if we'd like some water and promptly added a couple of bottles of mineral water to the bill? ?

I thought that was the other one we went to, in the north end...

So looks like your hoping for the fins game then mrs laz and all for a turkey curry haaaa
That was my vote, yes :-)

Surely the Turkey Curry is the Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday until someone decides to put the rest of the Turkey in the Freezer to bring out later for Turkey Pie, Turkey Sandwiches, Turkey Mince, Turkey Lasagne, Turkey with Ice Cream etc. etc,

Guest sanj2000

Once again, I will not be able to make either game (work commitments in Jul-Sep and other stuff around 26 Nov) :-(

So I won't vote and skew the voting process.

However, I would have voted for the Texans game (despite Houston being a bit of a sleepy town to me), Oh, and Waspie would have loved the craft beer scene.

Once again, I will not be able to make either game (work commitments in Jul-Sep and other stuff around 26 Nov) :-(

However, I would have voted for the Texans game (despite Houston being a bit of a sleepy town to me), Oh, and Waspie would have loved the craft beer scene.

I did Houston in 2015. Great beer, amazing food, fabulous stadium, way too many Trump supporters!

Just to be clear...this is the HOME game roadtrip. We don't play in Houston this year...

:)

Last call for votes - poll closes tomorrow (Friday 26th).

Poll is now closed - our roadtrip game for this season will be to the Dolphins game on Sunday 26th November.

Details of how to apply will follow shortly in a separate thread.