mrs laz

IMPORTANT TICKET UPDATE = RT applicants, please read Roadtrip 2017 - vs Dolphins - Official application thread **NOW CLOSED**

**Application process is now closed. Please refer to separate discussion thread for all arrangements for the trip**

I am delighted to advise that this year's Road Trip is confirmed as follows:

Date: Sunday 26th November 1300hrs
Venue: Gillette Stadium
Vs: Miami Dolphins

Applications should be made to mrs laz who will co-ordinate the application process for the UK.

(papa lazarou will be the Patriots point of contact for the purchase of the block of tickets.)

Here are the rules for applying for tickets for this year’s roadtrip from the UK. Please only apply for the trip if you are serious about attending!

Roadtrip Rules:

- Maximum 2 tickets per initial application.
(You may express an interest in more than 2 tickets in case eventual availability permits – we will keep a reserve list.)

- £90.00 deposit per ticket paid upfront in full now
Includes: cost of $105 ticket, contribution towards the tailgate

- Important Note: payment of deposit does not guarantee ticket assignment and acceptance of deposit does not constitute a contract to supply tickets. If we can’t get enough tickets the unlucky applicants will receive a full refund. Should demand outstrip supply and we need to prioritise applications, factors such as membership level, sustained board activity and contribution to site funding will be taken into account. All final decisions will be taken by the mods.

- Drop-outs are non-refundable: We will attempt to sell drop-outs but make no guarantee of this OR you can try to sell on to someone from this board. Tickets MAY NOT be re-sold on ebay or any other public auction site or to non-members of this board. Note: Tickets are only made available to us on gameday at the stadium itself.

- To be accepted for the roadtrip, you must be a full registered member of UKPatriots.com fanclub. If not already a full member, please PM jaco for details on how to become a full member.

What to do NOW – applications to be received by Friday 16th June.

Send PM via UKPatriots to mrs laz, with the following details:

a. Number of requested tickets (max 2)
b. Name
c. Home Address
d. Telephone number
e. Email address
f. Payment method: cheque or bank transfer (note – all transfer fees at cost of sender – please add).
g. Confirm acceptance of the above Roadtrip Rules

mrs laz will PM back with the appropriate details for payment.

Send payment for £90.00 per ticket to be cleared by Thursday 29th June LATEST. At the same time, send PM to mrs laz to confirm payment has been sent.

Once payment funds are received, mrs laz will confirm back by PM and your name will be on the initial list.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

The cost is £90. We call it a deposit as there is no guarantee that if you apply, you will receive a ticket - in which case your deposit will be returned if we cannot get enough tickets.

Hope that clarifies.

Also - if you are new members, please head over to the New Member thread and introduce yourselves, as per the forum rules. Thanks!

we have a tailgate before the game.

it is up to you how long you go to boston for.

we normally stay at the same hotel the night before.

you have to book your own flights hotels etc all we do as a fan club is facilitate tickets in a group.

whole trip can cost 500 or even 2k up to you and how much you wanna spend etc

£400 for flights; £100 for the game tickets and tailgate.

Hotels - how many nights x £100 to include breakfast

Add in beer, travel to Foxboro from airport via hotel -

I think £800 is minimum. Then add £200 for spend in the pro-shop MINIMUM!

Can't get away with less than a grand unless you don't eat, don't drink, sleep on the streets and walk/hitchhike to the stadium.

Can't get away with less than a grand unless you don't eat, don't drink, sleep on the streets and walk/hitchhike to the stadium.

But you don't have to stay in a hotel the entire time, you can stay at a hostel in Boston to cut costs even more. A bunch of us have spent a night or two at the YMCA on Huntington or 40 Berkeley in the past few years. Probably works out about $30-40 a night each off the top of my head. Then with the UKPats group hotel rate that Howard has been able to get us nearer game day, if you can split the cost by sharing then the hotels work out well!

Edited by d_loughran292

Norwegian airlines flights to Providence RI from Edinburgh are reasonable,not sure if they fly from other UK airports, train up to Boston is pretty cheap too.

One week in and here is how the applications are looking - we are already at 17:

Applied and paid

David x 2

Carl03 x 1

Yabbas x 2

Patriotkyle x 1 (Newbie)

Gazsax x 2 (Newbie)

papalaz x 2

Applied

DG31 x 1

Chelseafan71 x 1

Patman x 2

Jonas x 2

Warren x 1

Is the plan to join the same tailgate as last year, along with Paul's delicious balls?

Is the plan to join the same tailgate as last year, along with Paul's delicious balls?

That's always the plan, and there's already some trip virgins to finish off the sauce from Paul's balls! ?

Havent talked to Paul yet but I think last year (joining the Patriots2000 tailgate crew and a couple of other fanclubs) worked really well, so if Paul is in favour of that too, then I am sure that's the way we will go.

That's always the plan, and there's already some trip virgins to finish off the sauce from Paul's balls!

Ha - I forgot about that initiation ceremony! Good luck, newbies :-)

"The sauce from Paul's balls"

I'm perhaps now more worried than excited about my first potential Roadtrip now ;-)

That's always the plan, and there's already some trip virgins to finish off the sauce from Paul's balls!

Ha - I forgot about that initiation ceremony! Good luck, newbies :-)

Ain't I happy I already got an RT inside my belt...

Could be the last time we get to see #12....

Why, are you planning on not going to any games for the coming 5-7 years?

:D

Could be the last time we get to see #12....

wash your mouth out, two seasons at least

2 weeks down, one to go. The group is now at 24. Deadline for applications is next Friday: 16th June.

Applied and paid

David x 2

Carl03 x 1

Yabbas x 2

Patriotkyle x 1 (Newbie)

Gazsax x 2 (Newbie)

papalaz x 2

patman x 2

warren x 1

Jamie tuna x 1

seasider x 2

Applied

DG31 x 1

Chelseafan71 x 1

Jonas x 2

rat noir x 2

ashley x 2

A few familiar folk on that list, a bit upset that Glasgowpat can't travel, he should get married once tb retires and not during football season either. ☺

Road Trip tickets booked and paid - Check

Flights booked from Sweden to Boston and back from Miami to Sweden - Check

Planning started to go see the away game in Miami - Check

Looking up to be a sweet November/December this year... :P

Anyone else going to the away game in Miami? (I know of two that I believe aren't going to the RT game this year)

Application process is now closed. We are a group of 31 this year!

Applied and paid

David x 2

Carl03 x 1

Yabbas x 2

Patriotkyle x 1 (Newbie)

Gazsax x 2 (Newbie)

papalaz x 2

patman x 2

warren x 1

Jamie tuna x 1

seasider x 2

DG31 x 1

Jonas x 2

rat noir x 2

ashley x 2

rob@foxboro x 1 (Roadtrip newbie!)

jaco x 1

mabc1 x 1

Leannebaker x 2 (Newbie)

Applied

Chelseafan71 x 2

D-lo x 1

Thread is now locked. Please refer to separate roadtrip discussion thread for all further discussions and arrangements. As usual, we will be looking for volunteers to drive on gameday, as well as manage meet-ups etc. David is already organising the Bruins game group so head to that thread for further deets. Rool on November!

Billy No Mates (Going to be there anyway, but sitting on his own)

waspie x 1

****IMPORTANT TICKET UPDATE*****

We now have the confirmed location for our group and the good news is that we have been assigned section 333 - which is immediately above the executive box level and approximately on the 30 yard line. The bad news on this is that this is a more expensive ticket cost than we have accounted for - $160 vs the $105 we assumed and on which we based the ticket deposit.

This means that we now need to collect extra funds from our roadtrippers for the cost of the ticket. Taking into account currency exchange, this amounts to an additional £40.00 per ticket. I need all roadtripper applicants to take the following action:

1. Confirm that you are OK with the additional cost and arrange to make the extra payment.

OR

2. Confirm that you are NOT OK with the additional cost, in which case the monies you have already paid will be returned to you in full, and your name will be taken off the roadtripper ticket list.

We need to re-confirm numbers with the Ticket Office pretty quickly, so I would ask everyone to PM me with your decision by the end of Sunday 23rd July.

You will each also receive a PM and email with these details.