husky71

Roadtrip 2017 discussion thread

I have looked at hotel costs. Preliminary cost of the Courtyard is $209 + taxes per night for 2 beds in a room. Darrell at the Hampton Inn is offering a definite $109 + taxes per night for 2 beds in a room. I don't see the Courtyard cutting the cost for me in half to match the Hampton Inn but I will see if the Courtyard will do so if the RTers want me to. That weekend is quite expensive for most hotels so the Hampton Inn is a complete surprise to me. Don't even bother to ask me the price of either hotel at Patriots Place. If you want to stay there you are on your own.

109 sounds a very decent price. Thanks for looking into this for us Howard

Also FWIW I stayed at the Hampton a couple months back and half of it had been refurbished.

From memory that sounds like an amazing price for game weekend. Hampton Inn would get my vote. Crossing the highway to the sports bar. Even more fun on the way back after a few!

I thought I wasn't going to able to do this due to Black Friday being such a buy day at work but as I have now found a flit leaving Gatwick at 5pm on the Friday evening I am now able to come. Application has bee sent

Also happy with the Hampton thanks Howard.

Go for it Howie - sounds like a great option.

From memory that sounds like an amazing price for game weekend. Hampton Inn would get my vote. Crossing the highway to the sports bar. Even more fun on the way back after a few!

Anyone remember if there is an "official" crossing that doesn't entitle climbing the fence in between the highway directions?

Climbing isn't my strong suite these days ?

I was happy at the Hampton Inn on the previous RT I attended. Thanks in advance Howard if that's the hotel we go with.

Is anything likely to be happening downtown for Thanksgiving that weekend?

I think Hampton sounds like a good choice as well! And as far as I remember, it was ok too.

I think it would be nice if it's possible to arrange some kind of get together on the night before, I only been once before and though it was very nice to meet everybody on game day, I think it is nice for us rookies to meet with the full roster in beforehand. :-)

But with respect to everybody's traveling schedules and desire to cram some other stuff in there as well, perhaps that's not possible.

I believe this was also up for discussion after last years RT, or if it was the one before that, and I don't know what cane out of it that time.

You "old-timers" know each other pretty well by now, us newbies only see the forum names, which in many cases don't say squat. ;-)

I even have a number of you guys on FaceBook, and can pair real names with real faces, but I still have problems with forum names. :-)

Anyone remember if there is an "official" crossing that doesn't entitle climbing the fence in between the highway directions?

Climbing isn't my strong suite these days

This could become an annual team building exercise. Prizes for the most entertaining idea of getting Jonas across the highway; but only for the return trip after much alcohol consumed.

What could possibly go wrong?! :blink:

Depending on when the Bruins game is on, we usually try and arrange something downtown on the Friday night (Pourhouse/Whiskeys), and then something informal at a bar/restaurant local to the RT hotel on the Saturday night. We can start those discussions once the tickets are all confirmed - who fancies volunteering to organize? Ratty, you are good at that sort of shiz!

i wouldn't call it fun - more harrowing

This could become an annual team building exercise. Prizes for the most entertaining idea of getting Jonas across the highway; but only for the return trip after much alcohol consumed.

I vote trebuchet - although uber may be more practical

Edited by Chelseafan71
  • Upvote 1

I have looked at hotel costs. Preliminary cost of the Courtyard is $209 + taxes per night for 2 beds in a room. Darrell at the Hampton Inn is offering a definite $109 + taxes per night for 2 beds in a room. I don't see the Courtyard cutting the cost for me in half to match the Hampton Inn but I will see if the Courtyard will do so if the RTers want me to. That weekend is quite expensive for most hotels so the Hampton Inn is a complete surprise to me. Don't even bother to ask me the price of either hotel at Patriots Place. If you want to stay there you are on your own.

great price its only a bed and as long as it clean it should be ok.

I think a couple of years ago most of us ended up at the curry house next door to the hotel on the Saturday

do we know which other fan-clubs are going to the same game and whether they would be up for a meet&greet on saturday ?

thanks to howard for looking into the hotels again - appreciate the effort that goes into the weekend from all the guys stateside

We'll have space for 3 in the car, we can pick up at whichever hotel you are staying on gameday morning.

do we know which other fan-clubs are going to the same game and whether they would be up for a meet&greet on saturday ?

thanks to howard for looking into the hotels again - appreciate the effort that goes into the weekend from all the guys stateside

we are looking at doing the same joint tailgate with the other clubs as last year - more to come

I do have a contract in hand from Darrell at the Hamption Inn awaiting my signature. The contract provides for 3 rooms on Friday

night and 10 rooms for Saturday and Sunday nights, all Double Queen Rooms. Before I sign off on it, I would like to know if any

RTers need other accomodations and I will do my best to make that type of room is available. I'm going to increase the number of

Double Queen Rooms to 15 with the understanding that any rooms not reserved by the cut-off date (10/25/17) will be released to

the general inventory by the hotel. Once the contract is signed, I will be given a "Group Booking Code" to be used to make

reservations either on-line or by phone.

The hotel's website indicates that there are Single Queen Rooms and Single King Rooms and Accessable Rooms. Jonas -

I will reserve an Accessible Room for you. Anyone in need of special accomodations please PM or email me ASAP.

Additional information will follow in due course.

Edited by husky71

we are looking at doing the same joint tailgate with the other clubs as last year - more to come

Hi Mandy, how many on this years RT, a few i guess, looking forward to meeting friends again on this trip

Hi Mandy, how many on this years RT, a few i guess, looking forward to meeting friends again on this trip

who said you could come?

who said you could come?

Me :-)

who said you could come?

And me ?

ROTFLMAO

The wife is on the fence (pun intended), she think it might get out of hand...

• Like 1

I vote trebuchet - although uber may be more practical

Sounds a bit violent... or at least, might be hard to aim correctly, especially after Rat's suggestion of alcohol consumption...

Uber might be the way to go, but it seems a bit unnecessary. After all, Jake 'n Joes is just across the "street"

who said you could come?

Thank you Mandy & Jamie

who said you could come?

Thank you Mandy & Jamie

There is of course the initiation ceremony...

Thanks for looking into this as usual Howard, great price for the Hampton Inn!

who said you could come?

Thank you Mandy & Jamie

There is of course the initiation ceremony...

can't wait for that, there won't be any snow to get rolled in! in the buff! i'll go with downing a yard of Samuel Adams in less than 10 seconds! initiation! trouble is there could become a large queue for that one! lol

Edited by rob@foxboro

Sadly for you, newbie initiation does involve experiencing Paul's Balls at close quarters.... :-)

• Upvote 1

Roadtrip hotel will be around 4 miles from the stadium - so if you are in town, you will be 30 miles or so away. (You know Gillette is not in Boston, right?)

Depending on when the Bruins game is on, we usually try and arrange something downtown on the Friday night (Pourhouse/Whiskeys), and then something informal at a bar/restaurant local to the RT hotel on the Saturday night. We can start those discussions once the tickets are all confirmed - who fancies volunteering to organize? Ratty, you are good at that sort of shiz!

I don't mind having a go at throwing something together. I'll do a contact list again if it helps. Probably good for newbies to have, might make it feel a little less daunting (and let's face it, with the sauce from Paul's balls to cope with!....?)

Once I know what's happening around Bruins games I'll get on to it right away ma'am! ?

Roadtrip hotel will be around 4 miles from the stadium - so if you are in town, you will be 30 miles or so away. (You know Gillette is not in Boston, right?)

Of course, just wasn't sure where abouts all these hotels you guys we're talking about are.

Of course, just wasn't sure where abouts all these hotels you guys we're talking about are.

I've stayed in the W on previous road trips and it's well located. You can walk to Whiskeys or the Pourhouse, which is usually where there is a gathering on the Friday night.

I'm also staying in Boston :)

Oh great, will send you a PM closer to gametime :D

Oh great, will send you a PM closer to gametime :D

Where abouts are you staying?? How are you planning on getting to the Stadium?

5 months today and I'll be in Boston! I cannot wait :D :D

The contract with the Hampton Inn is signed, sealed and delivered. As soon as Darrell get everything loaded in their system and contacts me, I will let everyone know how to make reservations.

I'm staying in Boston too, arriving PM of the Wednesday 22nd . Then will be making my way down to the RT hotel for the Saturday.

Anyone interested I opened a thread for Bruins group game tickets on Friday night v Penguins

It's a shame I don't get in 'til Friday evening :(

I'm hoping there'll be a Celtics game on the Monday or Tuesday

@Ashely

We might be game for a possible Celtics game.

The wife isn't very keen on a hockey game, we went to the the Florida Panthers when we were on a trip to Fort Lauderdale this spring. But Basketball is clearly an option. ?

We haven't decided when to leave the Boston area yet, so we'll see what the schedule says. Is it out yet?

Bruins and Celtics have had a few Black Friday double headers over the years so there's still a change of a Celtics game on Friday.

I know there is a few people on here already going but I have 2 spare tickets to Liam Gallaghers show in Boston at the House of Blues on the Saturday of road trip weekend. The face value is $40, if anyone wants them.

OK Everyone. Here are the instructions for reserving rooms at the Hampton Inn:

Hi Howard, the UK PATRIOTS FAN CLUB GROUP block has been setup in our system and below are the instructions for making reservations into the group block.

Reservations for this event will be individual call in. Individuals will be responsible for making their own reservations. All reservations require a credit card at the time of booking. Guests can call the hotel directly at 781-769-7000 and hit 0 for the front desk or 2 for sales on the automated welcome system, and mention the UK PATRIOTS FAN CLUB GROUP block, or they can book online at www.bostonnorwood.hamptoninn.com, under “Add Special Rate Codes,” using your group booking code which is UKP. For all online reservations the GROUP CODE IS: UKP

Please let everyone know that they must make their group reservations or I need to receive a rooming list for the rooms, before the cutoff date on October 25th 2017.

The Group Name is UK PATRIOTS FAN CLUB GROUP and the dates are Nov 22nd – Nov 27th 2017.We always setup the group a couple of days prior to the group arrival date and one day afterwards, in case some guests want to come in early or stay a day later. There are no rooms blocked for those additional days however and the group rate may or may not apply for those days booked outside of the contracted dates. Any guests that need to stay outside of the group block dates, should make their reservations directly with me.

Darrell Smith

Director of Sales

Once you have made your reservations please send me an e-mail (be sure to include your MB name) so I will know who has made reservations in a timely manner and also so I can be sure that only the RTers are making use of the Room Block.

Please contact me if you have problems.

Edited by husky71
  • Upvote 1