husky71

Roadtrip 2017 discussion thread

Anyone remember if there is an "official" crossing that doesn't entitle climbing the fence in between the highway directions?

Climbing isn't my strong suite these days

I think it's a long drive.

btw - I'm still planning to be there. But I'm going to try to source my own ticket in the same time zone as the field.

Roadtrip hotel will be around 4 miles from the stadium - so if you are in town, you will be 30 miles or so away. (You know Gillette is not in Boston, right?)

Of course, just wasn't sure where abouts all these hotels you guys we're talking about are.

I'm also staying in Boston :)

Oh great, will send you a PM closer to gametime :D

Where abouts are you staying?? How are you planning on getting to the Stadium?

5 months today and I'll be in Boston! I cannot wait :D :D

W Hotel in downtown Boston. arrive Friday morning and leave Monday night

My group of 4 (Mike - Seasider, his dad and Paul - tall bloke who's been to a couple SB parties and might be a Dolphins fan but didn't want that mentioned! :P ) will be arriving on Wednesday. The plan at the moment will be -

Wed evening - Bruins @ Devils viewed in Whiskeys.

Thursday - The Pourhouse is open on Thanksgiving as far as I can tell, so likely to be a spot for at least some of the football.

Friday - Bruins game at TD Garden in the afternoon. Probably the traditional Whiskey's Friday night, although if there's a Celtics game some will go for that.

Saturday - Early off to one or more of the NH malls for some tax free goodies, then on to the Hampton Inn with a trip to Patriot Place.

Sunday - Fairly obvious!

Monday - iHop breakfast, waste some time at South Shore Plaza, flight home.

I have previously produced a contact list for those on the RT that wished to participate, usually helpful for newbies. If anyone wants to be included on it then PM me with your details and I'll send it out nearer the time.

And so to Saturday night. What are the thoughts to having some sort of formal arrangement for a meal at an establishment close to the Hampton Inn, or should we leave it as an informal gathering of whoever turns up?

There was talk of some going to a concert at The House of Blues, so again numbers may be depleted.

I don't mind making some enquiries if there is interest.

Thursday - The Pourhouse is open on Thanksgiving as far as I can tell, so likely to be a spot for at least some of the football.

I haven't researched it too much yet, but there seem to be plenty of bars and restaurants that will do a proper Thanksgiving lunch. If we can find one that also has the football, then we'll be all set.

I don't know if it's just me getting old, but the Pourhouse has got really loud.

Me and one other will be heading to the Gillette so that makes 4 of us, if you're OK with that?

I'll see if we can borrow my sister's 7 seater, no guarantees as I've already hired a car and usually pick up some UK pats from their hotel (I would know for definite that week if she's feeling generous ;) ), I had a quick look on rentalcars and a one day hire would be around £35 if you timed your 24 hour rental correctly and picked up at 10pm on the Saturday night and paid the parking at Gillette it would still work out cheaper than a $200 round trip in a cab

Just to confirm - the group ticket allocation is now fully paid up with the Patriots. We are in rows 1-4 of section 333.

Get counting down - only 116 days to go!

I'll see if we can borrow my sister's 7 seater, no guarantees as I've already hired a car and usually pick up some UK pats from their hotel (I would know for definite that week if she's feeling generous ;) ), I had a quick look on rentalcars and a one day hire would be around £35 if you timed your 24 hour rental correctly and picked up at 10pm on the Saturday night and paid the parking at Gillette it would still work out cheaper than a $200 round trip in a cab

Sounds a cracking idea Yabba

I will be arriving on Saturday, staying at the Hampton Inn on Saturday night and flying back to NYC on the Sunday evening.

Interested in sharing a car on Saturday from Boston to Norwood and on Sunday after the game back to Boston :-)

Go Pats! Look forward to seeing everyone again!

So the Celtics are playing the Friday and Monday of RT weekend, I was planning on heading home on the Monday but I may stick around for that now.

Pretty busy weekend by looks of it @ TD Gardens

BRUINS VS. PENGUINS

24 NOV1:00 PM

CELTICS VS. MAGIC

24 NOV7:30 PM

JAY-Z

25 NOV8:00 PM

BRUINS VS. OILERS

26 NOV5:00 PM

CELTICS VS. PISTONS

27 NOV7:30 Pm

Carl - if you are hanging around for the Celtics game on the Monday let me know, Becky & me are staying longer & going to that we can see if we can get tickets seated together

22 hours ago, Djdshaw said:

Carl - if you are hanging around for the Celtics game on the Monday let me know, Becky & me are staying longer & going to that we can see if we can get tickets seated together

Yeah David, I'm around that sounds good. I think the tickets are still on general sale for that one.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, Vangelis said:

I will be arriving on Saturday, staying at the Hampton Inn on Saturday night and flying back to NYC on the Sunday evening.

Interested in sharing a car on Saturday from Boston to Norwood and on Sunday after the game back to Boston :-)

Go Pats! Look forward to seeing everyone again!

That's a short stay Van, but will be good to see you again! 

Have you not just thought of driving to/from NYC? Would probably work out the same time as a flight with the waiting around!

On 8/29/2017 at 9:28 AM, Carl03 said:

Yeah David, I'm around that sounds good. I think the tickets are still on general sale for that one.

Jealous. I'll have to see if I can hit up the C's when they come to Toronto.

1 hour ago, Secret_Seagull said:

Not too shabby :)

Capture.JPG

I think most folks will be very happy. 

Yep - not long to wait now!  Keep your eyes on this thread as we start to confirm plans for the weekend, including where all roadtrippers need to be to collect their tickets on the day. 

As usual, we will be looking for volunteers to drive from the hotel to the stadium on the day.   

We will most likely be tailgating with the Tailgate2000 crew as last year, as this was a great experience to mix and mingle with a large group of fans.  We discussed this with Paul at the Chiefs game and he was all for it - makes his job easier from the tailgate perspective. 

There's now a tailgate friendly (and alcohol friendly) bus option from Boston.
https://www.bus.com/events/patriots?tripType=roundtrip
Leave Boston at 9.30; get to Gillette at 10.15 (ish).   Return leaves at 5.30.  $35 Return. Use the promocode PATSTG to get a 15% discount and bring it below $30

See you on the bus.

18 hours ago, mrs laz said:

We will most likely be tailgating with the Tailgate2000 crew as last year, as this was a great experience to mix and mingle with a large group of fans.  We discussed this with Paul at the Chiefs game and he was all for it - makes his job easier from the tailgate perspective. 

Excellent! Obviously the tailgate was the highlight last year after bombing to the Bills, sis is being a bit prissy about her car so I doubt we'll be able to pick up in Boston unfortunately. Her mood might change, but I wouldn't bank on it. I still reckon hiring a car for the day between 5 of you would be cheaper than the bus.

2 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Excellent! Obviously the tailgate was the highlight last year after bombing to the Bills, sis is being a bit prissy about her car so I doubt we'll be able to pick up in Boston unfortunately. Her mood might change, but I wouldn't bank on it. I still reckon hiring a car for the day between 5 of you would be cheaper than the bus.

Thanks - nice to get some positive feedback on all the work that goes into organizing :-)

I'm staying at the Colonnade in Boston but I don't know of 5 other people so will probs get the bus as its easiest option for me! Thanks for the info everyone :)

Just out of interest, is anyone going to the basketball on the Friday? 

10 hours ago, waspie said:

There's now a tailgate friendly (and alcohol friendly) bus option from Boston.
https://www.bus.com/events/patriots?tripType=roundtrip
Leave Boston at 9.30; get to Gillette at 10.15 (ish).   Return leaves at 5.30.  $35 Return. Use the promocode PATSTG to get a 15% discount and bring it below $30

See you on the bus.

Thanks for this Waspie, i will be on the bus also :rolleyes:

How long would you expect the bus to take to get back to Boston ??

Edited by Gazsax

The bus definitely sounds like a good option for you both, Gaz and Leanne - however don't forget you will need to be at the agreed meeting place at a certain time before the game (TBC) to pick up your tickets.   Also, if its your first time at Gillette, traffic getting out is legendarily slow because Route 1 is the only option for ALL road traffic, so Gaz it will take a while to get through - no different to those of use who will be driving, although we often wait it out until they throw us out of the parking lot :-)

15 hours ago, Djdshaw said:

Be Becky & me in a hire car so can probably get 2-3 in on game day

David where are you going to the Gillette from?! 

There's 2 of us, just wondering if we could squeeze in with you if that's possible? 

Thanks 

Leanne unfortunately we are not staying in Boston we move down to Norwood on Saturday, the trip from Boston on gameday can be very busy as there's only 1 road in to the stadium so we always stay closer the night before & after the game..

Or you can get the T to the nearest stop to Gillette and get an Uber to the stadium, or as close as you can get. Then get the bus home.

Of a different note, Danny is due to get married next year (poor girl) so on the Friday (after the hockey) it will be his UKPatriots stag party.

I was thinking maybe some sort of pub crawl? and then when he's too drunk to resist, throw him into a gentlemen's club....

10 hours ago, patriotsjay said:

Or you can get the T to the nearest stop to Gillette and get an Uber to the stadium, or as close as you can get. Then get the bus home.

Of a different note, Danny is due to get married next year (poor girl) so on the Friday (after the hockey) it will be his UKPatriots stag party.

I was thinking maybe some sort of pub crawl? and then when he's too drunk to resist, throw him into a gentlemen's club....

Shame I can't be there for that... Shouldn't miss out on that really... LOL :lol:  You'll have to have some drinks for me as well. 

11 hours ago, patriotsjay said:

Yeah thats what we are doing, T fr back bay to Walpole. 

Thanks 

20 hours ago, patriotsjay said:

We should visit that place with the 10 cent wings (or whatever the ridiculously low price was) and see how many he can do before vomiting pure Buffalo sauce! ?

The Red Hat :) yes we can go there, good shout.  I think the 10 cent wings are just for Monday night, but it's still a cracking place to go....

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 9:24 PM, patriotsjay said:

Sounds cool. Are girls allowed on the stag ? Wouldn't want to upset Pam.

Danny, Paul, Mike and myself are staying at the W on friday night, so plan the route accordingly.

We'll be arriving in the afternoon so I'm guessing we'll meet up with the rest of you after the hockey

We are 4 in the car to norwood on saturday so there may be space for one, if anyone is stuck for a ride - We'll probably head down after the liverpool v chelsea game

Edited by chelseafan71
words

On 28/09/2017 at 1:51 PM, chelseafan71 said:

Danny, Paul, Mike and myself are staying at the W on friday night, so plan the route accordingly.

We'll be arriving in the afternoon so I'm guessing we'll meet up with the rest of you after the hockey

We are 4 in the car to norwood on saturday so there may be space for one, if anyone is stuck for a ride - We'll probably head down after the liverpool v chelsea game

Me and two mates (both chelsea) also in the W and arrive Friday afternoon.

Hopefully catch up then.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:19 PM, patriotsjay said:

Sure no problem, the more the merrier..

I'd prefer to not make the night about me. I'm not really one for attention.....

We could just refer to it as the regular Friday night UKPats shenanigans. The Red Hat is a good shout but it's a fair ways a way from the regular spots on Boylston (Whiskeys/Pour House). Happy to follow the crowd. Will have to try sleep in the car on the drive down if we're gonna be out late on the Friday night.

On 25/09/2017 at 9:24 PM, patriotsjay said:

Bukowskis has to be on the agenda.  The best dive bar in downtown.