husky71

Roadtrip 2017 discussion thread

Hey all,

Late to the party. Flying on the Thursday before the Pats game. Definitely interested in events for the Penguins game and Pats game. Also have Pistons game tickets too. 
I am still looking for Pats tickets, so if anyone finds any good deals or is selling, please let me know asap! 
Really excited for this trip!!

Joe

Welcome to the group.

I will put you on the list for any dropout tickets from our group. We already have one request on the list so you will be after that.    Otherwise, stay tuned for whats organized during the weekend.

Can anyone tell me if BT Sport will work in America, my gamepass seemed to be ok last year if I used the 4G? My fitba team only went and got to a cup final on the day we play Miami, Kick off will be 10.00am Eastern, hoping to watch the game while tailgating and having a double celebration.

7 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Can anyone tell me if BT Sport will work in America, my gamepass seemed to be ok last year if I used the 4G? My fitba team only went and got to a cup final on the day we play Miami, Kick off will be 10.00am Eastern, hoping to watch the game while tailgating and having a double celebration.

Classic Motherwell. Trolling you a belter.

9 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

your most likely need a VPN. you would if you were using sky go. im sure BT adopt the same rules but then again its scottish football im not sure the demand is out there for the US market

I've got friends in low places living in Texas who'll text me the stream link they get that morning. Normality resumed. 

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:31 PM, Secret_Seagull said:

Not long to go now .. Is everyone getting excited?  How many RT virgins are going this year?

Well, I am definitely excited!  a couple of sets of RT virgins this year.  We are tailgating with the Tailgater2000 crew again - which was a blast last year :-)

On 11/7/2017 at 7:12 PM, mrs laz said:

We are tailgating with the Tailgater2000 crew again - which was a blast last year :-)

I think Chris and I put $30 each in as a donation to the tailgater crew, worth it alone to meet the minutemen and sample Paul's balls.
Cannot wait.

7 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I think Chris and I put $30 each in as a donation to the tailgater crew, worth it alone to meet the minutemen and sample Paul's balls.
Cannot wait.

Yes - everyone will be asked to put in a donation - will confirm the suggested amount soon, as well as the precise meeting location in P10.

FAO anyone getting the bus.  You'll know that drinking is allowed.  But don't forget that Massachusetts Blue Laws (which date back to the 17th Century) means that you won't find anyone selling alcohol on Sunday before 10.00am, so make sure you head to the liquor store before 11.00pm on Saturday night.
I'll be finding somewhere to line my stomach before getting the bus. The Friendly Toast on Stanhope opens at 8 on a Sunday, and is between my hotel and the bus stop.  I've not eaten in the Back Bay one yet, but if it's as good as the one in Cambridge, it's a breakfast to remember.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:35 PM, waspie said:

FAO anyone getting the bus.  You'll know that drinking is allowed.  But don't forget that Massachusetts Blue Laws (which date back to the 17th Century) means that you won't find anyone selling alcohol on Sunday before 10.00am, so make sure you head to the liquor store before 11.00pm on Saturday night.
I'll be finding somewhere to line my stomach before getting the bus. The Friendly Toast on Stanhope opens at 8 on a Sunday, and is between my hotel and the bus stop.  I've not eaten in the Back Bay one yet, but if it's as good as the one in Cambridge, it's a breakfast to remember.

Also for anyone getting the bus (Leanne and Gaz I believe?) - you must be at the tailgate by 11am latest to collect your tickets.  See email for more details.

3 hours ago, mrs laz said:

Also for anyone getting the bus (Leanne and Gaz I believe?) - you must be at the tailgate by 11am latest to collect your tickets.  See email for more details.

Yep i'm on the 09:30 bus from Huntington Ave

On 10/11/2017 at 12:35 PM, waspie said:

Hi mate. Also on the bus both ways, what would you advise about when to head to patriots pro shop ?? 

15 hours ago, Gazsax said:

Hi mate. Also on the bus both ways, what would you advise about when to head to patriots pro shop ?? 

Go on Saturday! ?

Just gamedays,   However you could get a train to Walpole and cab/Uber it from there?

Agreed that Game Day is not the best time to hit the Pro Shop, but it's not too bad if you get in early.

Oh; and whisper it softly, I really don't think the Pro Shop is all it used to be. There's not much in there that you won't find cheaper on the internet. The only thing I'm definitely going to want is the game day pin.

On 24/10/2017 at 9:16 AM, Warren said:

your most likely need a VPN. you would if you were using sky go. im sure BT adopt the same rules but then again its scottish football im not sure the demand is out there for the US market

I'll be VPN'ing to watch the cricket next week. Not expecting any problems.

18 hours ago, waspie said:

Oh; and whisper it softly, I really don't think the Pro Shop is all it used to be. There's not much in there that you won't find cheaper on the internet. The only thing I'm definitely going to want is the game day pin.

there are better shops at patriot place selling pats gear

im going to the shops upstairs before pro shop first. 

i suggested to the proshop to do click and collect they said no. they dont stock everything they show on the website

pin is a must 

One reason for a Pro Shop trip might be to visit the Hall and see the latest Lombardi and ring...

the hall at patriot place sponsored by raytheon might be a possibility if people fancy it on saturday after the chelsea liverpool game

13 hours ago, chelseafan71 said:

the hall at patriot place sponsored by raytheon might be a possibility if people fancy it on saturday after the chelsea liverpool game

My plan is to go to The Hall on Saturday afternoon

As always a great weekend, nice to get back to winning ways after the last couple of years.

A huge thanks to everyone involved in making the weekend another successful one.

Huge thanks to mandy, paul, howard and everyone else involved in making the weekend a success - the work you put in is much appreciated

Great weekend! Great to catch up with everyone and meet people I hadn't met before. The game wasn't bad either ;)

Thanks so much to the organisers....it appeared as seamless as ever but I'm sure there's lots of work and stress going on under the surface. As Chris said, it doesn't go unappreciated!

My mate Rich who attended also asked me to pass on his thanks and said he was blown away by how well organised it was, how friendly everyone was and the tailgate atmosphere took him completely by surprise.

Already looking forward to the next one!

It's taken me a little while for me to get on here, things have been a bit hectic recently!

I just want to pass on my thanks to all those who organised, you know who you are. From tickets to hotels to tailgate organizers to car renters to contact gatherers to designated drivers. You are what makes these weekends truly special. I had so much fun seeing some old faces and meeting new. The only mark on the trip was Liam Gallagher getting sick! We definitely made up for it though. The Canadian contingent were mostly worse-for-wear on the Monday driving back up north. It definitely isn't as fun coming back than it is going!

Anyway, I'm glad to get back to winning ways at Gillette, and already looking forward to my next RT, if the wife will let me out! :lol:

Back to RI early February for a long weekend, hopefully up to Boston on the Monday.
Looking forward to next season's RT already, definitely investing in more hand warmers, damn that was cold in the wind.