Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots 2018 Superbowl Party

This years Superbowl Party will once again be hosted by the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill on Sunday 4th February 2018.

At this point in time, we have exclusive use of the Scarlett Bar, providing we have a minimum of 30 people.
With some slight rearranging of the seating we can get a maximum of 40 people in this area. Therefore places will be on a first come basis (receipt of payment being the determining factor)

Other factors are basically the same as last year, so the cost is an all inclusive £30 per person, which covers admission to the SB & G (remember they have a £10 per person door charge on superbowl night). Food as per the set menu below and service charge (again SB & G usually add 12.5% to all food bills, all the time)

Food is:
Cheese Nachos with dips on the side
Chicken Wings, with Carrot & Celery sticks and dips
Plain Burger in a Ciabatta Bun.
Mixed bowls of French Fries & Chunky Chips
BBQ Baby Back Ribs (usually enough for a couple each)

Payment in full will need to be made to me by Monday 22nd January 2018

Remember, this event will take place whoever is in the Superbowl. If the Pats are there, like last year, then it's a bonus and makes it an even better night.

There is a Travelodge literally next door to the venue, but they don't seem to have any really tempting deals on at the minute. There are several other budget hotels within a fairly short distance of the SB & G, or you just get the first train out of London on the Monday morning.

Please indicate your interest here and also PM me a current email address and I'll send the bank details to make payments (same as last year for any returning people)

List of Attendees (Confirmed & paid)

Swindon Patriot

WelshLancsPat

Grecian Patriot

Deadly36

Patriotsjay

JVTUK

Tamish

Swiss Patriot

Carl03

Wycombe Patriots

I'll be there as always :)

1 hour ago, WelshLancsPat said:

I’ll be there again. 

Thanks for arranging this for us all. 

No problem Gareth. Thanks for transferring the money.  Safely received, You're 2nd on the list (after me of course)

Snowy New England on Super Bowl Sunday for me again this year. Hopefully watching the Pats in the same bar as last year!

2 hours ago, Grecian_Patriot said:

I'll be there as always :)

Cheers Andy. Payment received safe &  sound. Not quite quick enough to beat Gareth though this year.

(I think he thinks he'll get free squares for being the first to pay up)

1 minute ago, Rat Noir said:

Snowy New England on Super Bowl Sunday for me again this year. Hopefully watching the Pats in the same bar as last year!

I used to be able to rely on you to be there Alex, now you've missed 2 in a row

1 minute ago, Swindon Patriot said:

I used to be able to rely on you to be there Alex, now you've missed 2 in a row

I missed the banter on the night, no doubt, but a bit of skiing, two Bruins games and a cracking partisan atmosphere wins out I’m afraid. 🤪

Sorry Mark, maybe next year. 👍

1 minute ago, Rat Noir said:

I missed the banter on the night, no doubt, but a bit of skiing, two Bruins games and a cracking partisan atmosphere wins out I’m afraid. 🤪

Sorry Mark, maybe next year. 👍

This skiing you refer to, is it proper snow skiing ? or just Spending Kids Inheritance?

That's my transport booked for the weekend.

Coach up on Sunday lunchtime, train back early afternoon on Monday

(should arrive just in time for the wife to pick me up from the station as she finishes work)

Rooms at Travelodge are currently £49

Alternatively Somerset House Hotel have triple single bed rooms at £63 for Sunday 4th February 2018  Calling all sharers!!!!

Reviews are pretty crap, but you'll  be either so pissed or knackered you wont be that bothered.

I’m in Mark, how do I pay you?

Hey Mark, 

I might join in as well. Need to book flights and hotel, but should be good to go. 

Thanks again for arranging this Mark, just hope you can arrange the same as the last two out of three SB’s...

Organising & running the Ipswich Cardinals one again this year, so will miss out. Must get someone else to do it in the future so I can meet up with all of you again. It's been too long now....