mrs laz

2018 Roadtrip discussion thread

So - for anyone interested, we have taken the first step of reaching out to the Patriots to see which games we might be offered.  This initial process usually takes a couple of weeks as they are still establishing the pricing tiers, which games will be premium games etc.  All updates will be posted here once known.

When they sent the email out to Seson ticket holders I thought the game designations were a bit strange. They have Packers and Texans as the elite games which is to be expected.  Viking’s and Dolphins as the marquee games and Bills Jets Chiefs and Colts as the premier games. Thought they would have valued the KC game more than the phins, I know it’s a divisional game and all but they look a really poor side this year. 

If Luck is healthy the Colts game appeals to me. Packers is the clear stand-out, the whole 12 v 12

I'd put my money on it being Bills, Chiefs or Colts. Might still go to Packers though as it's once in a lifetime shot.

I'd like the packers, but the prime-time time slot might be an issue as well as the elite status.

colts and cheifs are appealing but they are both prime-time as well

we only have 2 sunday 1pm games before week 16 and i would strongly prefer not the dolphins as that would probably remove the detroit road game the  week before as a possibility for me

vikings could be interesting

Edited by chelseafan71

The Dolphins would probably increase the possibility of the Detroit road game for me.  Curious as to why two trips across the pond is more achievable than just the one?

6 minutes ago, UTCIAD said:

The Dolphins would probably increase the possibility of the Detroit road game for me.  Curious as to why two trips across the pond is more achievable than just the one?

Chelseafan Chris is based in Canada.  No pondhopping for him.

only 4 hours to detroit for me - even less for paul

but 2 weeks in a row would be less likely to gain approval with the missus

Of course.  I'm sure we now have more members over the pond than in blighty these days!

5 hours ago, chelseafan71 said:

I'd like the packers, but the prime-time time slot might be an issue as well as the elite status.

colts and cheifs are appealing but they are both prime-time as well

we only have 2 sunday 1pm games before week 16 and i would strongly prefer not the dolphins as that would probably remove the detroit road game the  week before as a possibility for me

vikings could be interesting

The  Canadian lot doing the Bills game this year? That’d be a canny RT Bills followed by a few days in Toronto  onto the GB game. 

maybe - depends how it works out with the roadtrip dates - It might be a stretch for me to do consecutive weekends

FYI for all those interested - we should be able to provide an update soon - just waiting for ticket pricing to be confirmed.

I am definitely interested whichever game it is - been waiting for the right circumstances for years and I finally have a) cash b) leave c) no competing events and d) kids old enough to leave at home.

Green Bay would be Evry cool, although most likely very much out of the question from the club perspective... 🙁