Jump to content
mrs laz

2018 Roadtrip planning thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mrs laz said:

Neither.  In Juno, she shouts "Thundercats are GO!" as she goes into labour.  We good?

 

 

A geeky quote of a deliberately geeky misquote.  You win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great stuff 

 

nice to have 2 different views of the games. shame we are not together for the miami game 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm all booked up  - cash sent to Mandy.

 

Me and Mrs Deadly arriving late Thursday, staying in central Boston Thursday & Friday nights, moving to Norwood for Saturday & Sunday (thanks Howie), then back to town for Monday, flying out Tuesday afternoon.

 

Woo hoo ! Finally happening...pumped !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all booked. Flying in on Thursday arriving late afternoon, booked in the Norwood hotel on Saturday and Sunday. Flying home Monday 10pm. Looking forward to meeting you guys.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, miket1407 said:

Hi All 

 

1st post on here. I am planning on travelling over for the Dolphins game on the 30th and spending around 5/6 days in boston and surrounding areas. Being made redundant so taking the opportunity to come over !

 

1st trip over to see them , i see you have planned road trips but have missed the application period. 

 

Will there be a point I could potentially meet up with you guys? 

 

Cheers 

 

Mick

Hi Guys 

 

Can anyone help me with this ?

 

Ta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miket1407 said:

Hi Guys 

 

Can anyone help me with this ?

 

Ta.

More information will be posted here as gameday approaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets Paid for, Flights booked.

Flying into JFK on the 3rd and meeting my pal in New York before heading up on the 4th for the game.

Really looking forward to it and meeting you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One week left until payment deadline.

 

We have about half our payments in.  One applicant has decided not to proceed, and another is proving very difficult to contact, despite requests on here, text, email so far.  If you know this is you and you do not make contact by the payment deadline, I will have to remove you from the list.  If you no longer require the tickets, please confirm.  thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 2:26 PM, Carl03 said:

The  Canadian lot doing the Bills game this year? That’d be a canny RT Bills followed by a few days in Toronto  onto the GB game. 

 

You gonna come to Toronto, yeh?! That would be class!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what is the usual time people head to the tailgate and how to get there ? 

 

Game starts 1pm. Are there any sports bars that would show Premier League games near the stadium ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SouthWalesPat said:

Does anyone know what is the usual time people head to the tailgate and how to get there ? 

 

Game starts 1pm. Are there any sports bars that would show Premier League games near the stadium ?

 

 

 

 

normally meet at the hotel at 8am and leave to get into the parking lots for the 9am opening

 

good luck getting into a bar near the ground. remember the ground isnt in boston so its very isolated in some way. in some ways the tailgate is as good as the game in my view. miss the tailgate for a football your miss out on a major part of going to an NFL game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

 

Newbee here, attending both Colts & Chiefs games. 

 

Colts game i'm booked into a hotel in Sharon which is great for easy, early access to Gillette. Looking forward to a meet up with UK Pats at the tailgate.

 

Chiefs game i'm based is Boston and need to make my way to the Stadium by public transport. The MBTA 'Patriots train' seems the most obvious option, but i'm hearing lots of negative reports about overcrowding, delays, drunks etc. Anybody used this service? What was your experience? Any alternative travelling options you can advise? I'm aware of the Boston Common coach, anyone used this service?

 

Any advice / recommendations would be welcome.

 

Thanks

Kev     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KJHONE said:

Hi all

 

Newbee here, attending both Colts & Chiefs games. 

 

Colts game i'm booked into a hotel in Sharon which is great for easy, early access to Gillette. Looking forward to a meet up with UK Pats at the tailgate.

 

Chiefs game i'm based is Boston and need to make my way to the Stadium by public transport. The MBTA 'Patriots train' seems the most obvious option, but i'm hearing lots of negative reports about overcrowding, delays, drunks etc. Anybody used this service? What was your experience? Any alternative travelling options you can advise? I'm aware of the Boston Common coach, anyone used this service?

 

Any advice / recommendations would be welcome.

 

Thanks

Kev     

we heard good things last year from the folks who came in on the coach service. would avoid the train if you want to spend any time before/after the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I travelled on Rallybus last year. Really good service, goes to and from South Station in Boston. Costs about $35 return, arrives 3 hours before kickoff and leaves half an hour after the game finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let everyone know I have six nights in total booked at the Hampton Inn in Norwood - Wedesday 26th September - Monday 1st October (five nights) and Thurs 4th October (one night after the Indy game). If anyone wants to share the room with me they're more than welcome as I have booked a room with two queen beds. Cost is £86 per night. If anyone's interested they can let me know any time before Monday 24th September. Cheers - can't wait for this now!

 

*EDIT - The Sunday and Thursday nights have been taken

Edited by Darius87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 6:05 PM, jcuza said:

I travelled on Rallybus last year. Really good service, goes to and from South Station in Boston. Costs about $35 return, arrives 3 hours before kickoff and leaves half an hour after the game finishes.

I am thinking of using the rallybus.

 

Does everyone going from here meet at a certain place outside the stadium? Tailgate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, KJHONE said:

Hi all

 

Newbee here, attending both Colts & Chiefs games. 

 

Colts game i'm booked into a hotel in Sharon which is great for easy, early access to Gillette. Looking forward to a meet up with UK Pats at the tailgate.

 

Chiefs game i'm based is Boston and need to make my way to the Stadium by public transport. The MBTA 'Patriots train' seems the most obvious option, but i'm hearing lots of negative reports about overcrowding, delays, drunks etc. Anybody used this service? What was your experience? Any alternative travelling options you can advise? I'm aware of the Boston Common coach, anyone used this service?

 

Any advice / recommendations would be welcome.

 

Thanks

Kev     

 

Most of the buses are great for Sunday games, make sure you get one of the buses which get there 3 hours before though, its not a true NFL experience without the tailgating. Rallybus and Bus.com I have used in the past and both are fine.

 

For anyone using the buses for the Colts game I would think twice though,  they can be an absolute disaster for Thursday/Monday games. They leave downtown Boston at 4/5ish which turns the normal 30 min journey into an hour, hour and a half sometimes. Likewise the patriots train can be appalling on Thur/Mon games as it normally has the line pretty much to itself on Sunday games but often gets delayed because of commuter services on weekdays.

 

Anyone going to be about into the weekend after the colts game? I've delayed my trip so I'll be around until the Monday in the hope of catching some Sox post season action. Probably going to just stay in Boston at my grandparents place for my trip unless someone wants to share at the Hampton on the Thursday? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, SouthWalesPat said:

I am thinking of using the rallybus.

 

Does everyone going from here meet at a certain place outside the stadium? Tailgate?

Yes - you will be asked to meet at a specific organized tailgate before the game to collect your ticket.  You will need to be there at least 2 hours before gametime.   More details to follow closer to the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 11:54 AM, mrs laz said:

Yes - you will be asked to meet at a specific organized tailgate before the game to collect your ticket.  You will need to be there at least 2 hours before gametime.   More details to follow closer to the time.

Thanks. I'm staying fairly central in Boston, I will be getting the rally bus in and shoud be there at least 2 hours before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×