mrs laz

2018 Roadtrip planning thread

2 hours ago, mrs laz said:

Neither.  In Juno, she shouts "Thundercats are GO!" as she goes into labour.  We good?

A geeky quote of a deliberately geeky misquote.  You win.

great stuff 

nice to have 2 different views of the games. shame we are not together for the miami game 

Ok, I'm all booked up  - cash sent to Mandy.

Me and Mrs Deadly arriving late Thursday, staying in central Boston Thursday & Friday nights, moving to Norwood for Saturday & Sunday (thanks Howie), then back to town for Monday, flying out Tuesday afternoon.

Woo hoo ! Finally happening...pumped !

I'm all booked. Flying in on Thursday arriving late afternoon, booked in the Norwood hotel on Saturday and Sunday. Flying home Monday 10pm. Looking forward to meeting you guys.   

On 6/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, miket1407 said:

Hi All 

1st post on here. I am planning on travelling over for the Dolphins game on the 30th and spending around 5/6 days in boston and surrounding areas. Being made redundant so taking the opportunity to come over !

1st trip over to see them , i see you have planned road trips but have missed the application period. 

Will there be a point I could potentially meet up with you guys? 

Cheers 

Mick

Hi Guys 

Can anyone help me with this ?

Ta.

2 hours ago, miket1407 said:

Hi Guys 

Can anyone help me with this ?

Ta.

More information will be posted here as gameday approaches.

Tickets Paid for, Flights booked.

Flying into JFK on the 3rd and meeting my pal in New York before heading up on the 4th for the game.

Really looking forward to it and meeting you all.

One week left until payment deadline.

We have about half our payments in.  One applicant has decided not to proceed, and another is proving very difficult to contact, despite requests on here, text, email so far.  If you know this is you and you do not make contact by the payment deadline, I will have to remove you from the list.  If you no longer require the tickets, please confirm.  thanks.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:26 PM, Carl03 said:

The  Canadian lot doing the Bills game this year? That’d be a canny RT Bills followed by a few days in Toronto  onto the GB game. 

You gonna come to Toronto, yeh?! That would be class!

Does anyone know what is the usual time people head to the tailgate and how to get there ? 

Game starts 1pm. Are there any sports bars that would show Premier League games near the stadium ?

2 hours ago, SouthWalesPat said:

Does anyone know what is the usual time people head to the tailgate and how to get there ? 

Game starts 1pm. Are there any sports bars that would show Premier League games near the stadium ?

normally meet at the hotel at 8am and leave to get into the parking lots for the 9am opening

good luck getting into a bar near the ground. remember the ground isnt in boston so its very isolated in some way. in some ways the tailgate is as good as the game in my view. miss the tailgate for a football your miss out on a major part of going to an NFL game

Hi all

Newbee here, attending both Colts & Chiefs games. 

Colts game i'm booked into a hotel in Sharon which is great for easy, early access to Gillette. Looking forward to a meet up with UK Pats at the tailgate.

Chiefs game i'm based is Boston and need to make my way to the Stadium by public transport. The MBTA 'Patriots train' seems the most obvious option, but i'm hearing lots of negative reports about overcrowding, delays, drunks etc. Anybody used this service? What was your experience? Any alternative travelling options you can advise? I'm aware of the Boston Common coach, anyone used this service?

Any advice / recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks

Kev     

2 hours ago, KJHONE said:

Hi all

Colts game i'm booked into a hotel in Sharon which is great for easy, early access to Gillette. Looking forward to a meet up with UK Pats at the tailgate.

Chiefs game i'm based is Boston and need to make my way to the Stadium by public transport. The MBTA 'Patriots train' seems the most obvious option, but i'm hearing lots of negative reports about overcrowding, delays, drunks etc. Anybody used this service? What was your experience? Any alternative travelling options you can advise? I'm aware of the Boston Common coach, anyone used this service?

Thanks

Kev     

we heard good things last year from the folks who came in on the coach service. would avoid the train if you want to spend any time before/after the game.

I travelled on Rallybus last year. Really good service, goes to and from South Station in Boston. Costs about $35 return, arrives 3 hours before kickoff and leaves half an hour after the game finishes.

Just to let everyone know I have six nights in total booked at the Hampton Inn in Norwood - Wedesday 26th September - Monday 1st October (five nights) and Thurs 4th October (one night after the Indy game). If anyone wants to share the room with me they're more than welcome as I have booked a room with two queen beds. Cost is £86 per night. If anyone's interested they can let me know any time before Monday 24th September. Cheers - can't wait for this now!

*EDIT - The Sunday and Thursday nights have been taken

Edited by Darius87

On 8/5/2018 at 6:05 PM, jcuza said:

I travelled on Rallybus last year. Really good service, goes to and from South Station in Boston. Costs about $35 return, arrives 3 hours before kickoff and leaves half an hour after the game finishes.

I am thinking of using the rallybus.

Does everyone going from here meet at a certain place outside the stadium? Tailgate?

On 8/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, KJHONE said:

Hi all

Thanks

Kev     

Most of the buses are great for Sunday games, make sure you get one of the buses which get there 3 hours before though, its not a true NFL experience without the tailgating. Rallybus and Bus.com I have used in the past and both are fine.

For anyone using the buses for the Colts game I would think twice though,  they can be an absolute disaster for Thursday/Monday games. They leave downtown Boston at 4/5ish which turns the normal 30 min journey into an hour, hour and a half sometimes. Likewise the patriots train can be appalling on Thur/Mon games as it normally has the line pretty much to itself on Sunday games but often gets delayed because of commuter services on weekdays.

Anyone going to be about into the weekend after the colts game? I've delayed my trip so I'll be around until the Monday in the hope of catching some Sox post season action. Probably going to just stay in Boston at my grandparents place for my trip unless someone wants to share at the Hampton on the Thursday? 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, SouthWalesPat said:

I am thinking of using the rallybus.

Does everyone going from here meet at a certain place outside the stadium? Tailgate?

Yes - you will be asked to meet at a specific organized tailgate before the game to collect your ticket.  You will need to be there at least 2 hours before gametime.   More details to follow closer to the time.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:54 AM, mrs laz said:

Yes - you will be asked to meet at a specific organized tailgate before the game to collect your ticket.  You will need to be there at least 2 hours before gametime.   More details to follow closer to the time.

Thanks. I'm staying fairly central in Boston, I will be getting the rally bus in and shoud be there at least 2 hours before.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, Carl03 said:

Anyone going to be about into the weekend after the colts game? I've delayed my trip so I'll be around until the Monday in the hope of catching some Sox post season action. Probably going to just stay in Boston at my grandparents place for my trip unless someone wants to share at the Hampton on the Thursday? 

I am looking for a roomie for the wednesday and thursday nights - so let me know if you are interested.

Myself Danny and Paul are considering a Friday night in boston if people are around and feel like a pint or two

2 hours ago, chelseafan71 said:

I am looking for a roomie for the wednesday and thursday nights - so let me know if you are interested.

Myself Danny and Paul are considering a Friday night in boston if people are around and feel like a pint or two

I might be kicking about Boston on the Friday night but we aren't 100% sure yet, will give a shout out here if we do

Is anyone making their way to the game from central area of Boston?

I can see there is a rally bus for $50 gets there at 10.

Checked train and it gets there around 11:20 and costs around  $20.

12 hours ago, SouthWalesPat said:

Is anyone making their way to the game from central area of Boston?

I can see there is a rally bus for $50 gets there at 10.

Checked train and it gets there around 11:20 and costs around  $20.

If it helps with your decision, you need to be at the tailgate to collect your tickets by 1130hrs LATEST. 

21 minutes ago, Glasgow_Patriot said:

Any plans for Friday night in Boston?

I think the Canadian contingent are possibly going to still be in town

14 hours ago, Glasgow_Patriot said:

Any plans for Friday night in Boston?

Im planning on sorting that out with my mate this weekend.

Got anything in mind? 

Where abouts are you staying in Boston?

I’ll be around for the Friday night, but if the Red Sox are at home in the ALDS evening game I’ll be at that beforehand. 

canadian contingent are confirmed for friday night - from previous experience I'm guessing the pour house and/or whiskeys might be on the agenda but nothing is confirmed yet

Don’t forget to get/ renew your ESTAs guys. A bloke almost missed the flight I was on today because his had ran out. 

1 hour ago, Carl03 said:

Don’t forget to get/ renew your ESTAs guys. A bloke almost missed the flight I was on today because his had ran out. 

Luckily mine is still valid from last year, just had to update it.

1 hour ago, Carl03 said:

Applied for mine when I booked my flight, better just check it went through ok.

How long are they valid for? 

Ben cannot go to the Colts game. I have an xtra ticket in sec 306, row 11. I make all decisions regarding who uses my Season Ticket but I will consider all requests.

2 hours ago, Dougie1737 said:

Applied for mine when I booked my flight, better just check it went through ok.

How long are they valid for? 

2 years

2 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

2 years

Thanks, it will cover my trip back in June then

7 hours ago, Carl03 said:

Done and approved last night. Approval document printed off as well (just in case)

Not long now guys. Just wondering how the tailgate works for us.  My first time at Gillette so excuse the newbie question. Do we need to buy beers, food or do you buy a ticket of some description.  Do we organise our own tailgate or join others. I want to be in the Gronk bus if possible ?

2 hours ago, Phil D said:

Not long now guys. Just wondering how the tailgate works for us.  My first time at Gillette so excuse the newbie question. Do we need to buy beers, food or do you buy a ticket of some description.  Do we organise our own tailgate or join others. I want to be in the Gronk bus if possible ?

We now tailgate with another large tailgating crew. This is partly why we all try and meet at the RT hotel in morning and travel in convoy to the stadium to ensure that we are all together. The parking lots at Gillette are huge and spread all around the stadium and Patriot Place.

I believe that the ticket you have bought includes a contribution towards drinks, but you will need to make a cash contribution towards the food (of which there will be plenty). Tailgating also continues after the game to allow a lot of the traffic to clear before we leave the parking lots.

56 minutes ago, Swindon Patriot said:

We now tailgate with another large tailgating crew. This is partly why we all try and meet at the RT hotel in morning and travel in convoy to the stadium to ensure that we are all together. The parking lots at Gillette are huge and spread all around the stadium and Patriot Place.

I believe that the ticket you have bought includes a contribution towards drinks, but you will need to make a cash contribution towards the food (of which there will be plenty). Tailgating also continues after the game to allow a lot of the traffic to clear before we leave the parking lots.

Not to say this is in any way the official amount but my bro and I put in $30 each to the tailgate contributions pot 

9 hours ago, Swindon Patriot said:

Mark has described things perfectly.  Our friend Paul (bruschifan) will bring along some Sam Adams which is covered under your game ticket - but the rest of tailgate offerings need a contribution.  There are cash cans on the tables to put your contribution into so please go ahead and do that on the day itself.  The tailgate is organized by Tailgate2000 group and they are a LOT of fun.  It's a fantastic opportunity to experience a proper tailgate and mix with a lot of different Pats fans. 

The tailgate itself is held in Parking lot P10 - which is just across the road from the stadium.  I don't have the specific pole number yet (the poles are the way to orientate yourselves and get to the right place in a big space!) but that will be confirmed before the games so keep an eye open!  Another polite reminder that if you are coming in independently (via Rally Buss or other means) you MUST come and find us to collect your tickets - at least 1.30hrs before gametime.