mrs laz

2018 Roadtrip planning thread

10 hours ago, mrs laz said:

The tailgate itself is held in Parking lot P10 - which is just across the road from the stadium.  I don't have the specific pole number yet (the poles are the way to orientate yourselves and get to the right place in a big space!) but that will be confirmed before the games so keep an eye open!  Another polite reminder that if you are coming in independently (via Rally Buss or other means) you MUST come and find us to collect your tickets - at least 1.30hrs before gametime. 

This is a good reason to supply your contact details to mark (swindon Patriot) - Mandy usually sends out a list of everyone's contact details before the trip in case a specific person doesn't have cellphone coverage or email access but someone they are with does at the time you are trying to get hold of them.

There was also a whatsapp group last year that worked pretty well for allowing people to coordinate stuff over the whole weekend so i think it a good idea to repeat that this year

On 9/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, chelseafan71 said:

This is a good reason to supply your contact details to mark (swindon Patriot) - Mandy usually sends out a list of everyone's contact details before the trip in case a specific person doesn't have cellphone coverage or email access but someone they are with does at the time you are trying to get hold of them.

There was also a whatsapp group last year that worked pretty well for allowing people to coordinate stuff over the whole weekend so i think it a good idea to repeat that this year

Good idea - will sort this tomorrow

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:03 PM, mrs laz said:

Good idea - will sort this tomorrow

WhatsApp group is now up and running.

Fantastic time, Dolphins,Canton,Kent,Cleveland,Buffalo and Colts a near perfect storm for a once in a lifetime experience.
We're on to next year...

Thanks to all who attended for making it another great weekend.

See you all next year with the 16th (apparently!) Anniversary Roadtrip :-)

14 hours ago, mrs laz said:

Thanks to all who attended for making it another great weekend.

See you all next year with the 15th Anniversary Roadtrip ?

It was an unforgettable trip for me and the missus as first-timers Mandy, thank you very much for all your efforts.

Great trip guys, thanks for all those that organised it.  Was good to meet everyone

It was great to see some familiar faces this year, with some other familiar faces missed (hopefully next year!). As is always the case with UKPats events, it was fun to meet some great new people too, and Darius! ;)

Glad to bring back the W. Thanks to M-Wa, Mark Jubb, Howie, Paul, and Boris for their efforts in making everything run smoothly as always. Apologies if I missed anybody out, I had quite a few drinks and not much sleep so my memory may be a little fuzzy. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Weaksauce Johnson - who had very few drinks, and a lot of sleep!