mrs laz

2018 Roadtrip planning thread

So - for anyone interested, we have taken the first step of reaching out to the Patriots to see which games we might be offered.  This initial process usually takes a couple of weeks as they are still establishing the pricing tiers, which games will be premium games etc.  All updates will be posted here once known.

When they sent the email out to Seson ticket holders I thought the game designations were a bit strange. They have Packers and Texans as the elite games which is to be expected.  Viking’s and Dolphins as the marquee games and Bills Jets Chiefs and Colts as the premier games. Thought they would have valued the KC game more than the phins, I know it’s a divisional game and all but they look a really poor side this year. 

If Luck is healthy the Colts game appeals to me. Packers is the clear stand-out, the whole 12 v 12

I'd put my money on it being Bills, Chiefs or Colts. Might still go to Packers though as it's once in a lifetime shot.

I'd like the packers, but the prime-time time slot might be an issue as well as the elite status.

colts and cheifs are appealing but they are both prime-time as well

we only have 2 sunday 1pm games before week 16 and i would strongly prefer not the dolphins as that would probably remove the detroit road game the  week before as a possibility for me

vikings could be interesting

Edited by chelseafan71

The Dolphins would probably increase the possibility of the Detroit road game for me.  Curious as to why two trips across the pond is more achievable than just the one?

6 minutes ago, UTCIAD said:

The Dolphins would probably increase the possibility of the Detroit road game for me.  Curious as to why two trips across the pond is more achievable than just the one?

Chelseafan Chris is based in Canada.  No pondhopping for him.

only 4 hours to detroit for me - even less for paul

but 2 weeks in a row would be less likely to gain approval with the missus

Of course.  I'm sure we now have more members over the pond than in blighty these days!

5 hours ago, chelseafan71 said:

I'd like the packers, but the prime-time time slot might be an issue as well as the elite status.

colts and cheifs are appealing but they are both prime-time as well

we only have 2 sunday 1pm games before week 16 and i would strongly prefer not the dolphins as that would probably remove the detroit road game the  week before as a possibility for me

vikings could be interesting

The  Canadian lot doing the Bills game this year? That’d be a canny RT Bills followed by a few days in Toronto  onto the GB game. 

maybe - depends how it works out with the roadtrip dates - It might be a stretch for me to do consecutive weekends

FYI for all those interested - we should be able to provide an update soon - just waiting for ticket pricing to be confirmed.

I am definitely interested whichever game it is - been waiting for the right circumstances for years and I finally have a) cash b) leave c) no competing events and d) kids old enough to leave at home.

Green Bay would be Evry cool, although most likely very much out of the question from the club perspective... ?

22 hours ago, mrs laz said:

The Norwood hotel we have used previously has been the Hampton Inn - however one of our US buddies usually helps out by negotiating a group rate, so you may wish to wait for that.  Whatever you decide though, please bear in mind that any travel you decide to book now is at your own risk - you are not confirmed on the assigned ticket list yet and wont be for a while.  I understand you are keen to get some thing sorted - however we are not guaranteed anything at this point.  To get a flavor of how things work, have a look at the threads from previous years' roadtrips.

Great information and will do ?

I'll be contacting the Hampton Inn this week. Since we have 2 games this year only 4 days apart, I'll hopefully be able to set up the contract so the reduced rate will carry thru the Friday after the Indy game for those who want to stay there for both games. I'll let everyone know what Darrell at the Hampton Inn offers me before any contract is signed and I will post it here.

Edited by husky71

but they might want sat/sun and thur/fri

what time do the parking lots open for tailgating on the Thursday night?

Edited by chelseafan71

6 hours ago, Warren said:

howard i doubt people will stay there sat thru till friday morning 

Obviously I realize that. Once we get the rooms reserved and people begin to make reservations, the contract always has a cut-off date after which any unclaimed rooms will go back to the hotel. I will be speaking with the Hotel in the next few days at which time all options will be discussed.

1 hour ago, chelseafan71 said:

but they might want sat/sun and thur/fri

what time do the parking lots open for tailgating on the Thursday night?

Control of the opening of the parking lots rests with the State Police. The lots usually open 4 hours prior to the game but I remember last year, at one of the late games the State Police opened the lots 5 hours before the game. Remember that Rt1 is a major thoroughfare for people living south of the stadium and there will be a lot more traffic than there would be on a Sunday.

4 hours ago, husky71 said:

Obviously I realize that. Once we get the rooms reserved and people begin to make reservations, the contract always has a cut-off date after which any unclaimed rooms will go back to the hotel. I will be speaking with the Hotel in the next few days at which time all options will be discussed.

Control of the opening of the parking lots rests with the State Police. The lots usually open 4 hours prior to the game but I remember last year, at one of the late games the State Police opened the lots 5 hours before the game. Remember that Rt1 is a major thoroughfare for people living south of the stadium and there will be a lot more traffic than there would be on a Sunday.

Thanks Howie- as always your help is much appreciated

18 hours ago, Warren said:

howard i doubt people will stay there sat thru till friday morning 

The hotel offers a courtesy mini-bus to the Norwood train station--if the hotel deal is a good one, peeps may wish to "commute" into Boston as and when during the days inbetween the games...

I heard from the Hampton Inn. We will have rooms from 9/29 to 10/5, both singles and doubles. We are getting a discount of 18% to $159/night on singles and 20% to $149/night on doubles. The only thing left is to get the number of rooms needed, which I will estimate based on Mandy's latest list. In case Warren is interested, any rooms not reserved by 9/8 go back to the hotel inventory. Once I get the contract signed, the hotel will set up the reservation info. All reservations are the responsibility of each individual.

Sue at the Hampton Inn wants us there. More info to follow.

Edited by husky71

2 hours ago, husky71 said:

I heard from the Hampton Inn. We will have rooms from 9/29 to 10/5, both singles and doubles. We are getting a discount of 18% to $159/night on singles and 20% to $149/night on doubles. The only thing left is to get the number of rooms needed, which I will estimate based on Mandy's latest list. In case Warren is interested, any rooms not reserved by 9/8 go back to the hotel inventory. Once I get the contract signed, the hotel will set up the reservation info. All reservations are the responsibility of each individual.

Thats great news, I had a look at hotel costs while planning the trip and they were all far more expensive than that so if I get tickets then I would definitely be booking that deal.

4 hours ago, husky71 said:

Thanks very much Howard for sorting out the hotel again - Appreciate the work you put in on our behalf

I'm getting Double Bed Rooms and Single Bed Rooms but I need to know asap if anyone aside from Jonas (already requested) needs a handicapped room.

I should have more info by next week.

1) If anyone wants both games and will not be staying during the week they need 2 reservations.

2) Ther are no doubles available for Friday October 5th just in case anyone is interested.

Edited by husky71

21 hours ago, husky71 said:

I'm getting Double Bed Rooms and Single Bed Rooms but I need to know asap if anyone aside from Jonas (already requested) needs a handicapped room.

1) If anyone wants both games and will not be staying during the week they need 2 reservations.

2) Ther are no doubles available for Friday October 5th just in case anyone is interested.

Howard superb effort thank you. I was expecting a lot more due to the time of year. In 2016 we had the same weekend and stayed at the courtyard I think it was at least an extra $50 a night.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, husky71 said:

When you say Double Bed Rooms, do you mean  rooms with 1 double size bed or rooms with 2 beds ?

Just thinking of the sharers who if its the first case, would need to be very good friends :lol:

7 hours ago, Swindon Patriot said:

When you say Double Bed Rooms, do you mean  rooms with 1 double size bed or rooms with 2 beds ?

Just thinking of the sharers who if its the first case, would need to be very good friends :lol:

2 beds. Why do you ask? ?

17 hours ago, husky71 said:

2 beds. Why do you ask? ?

Just checking Howard, it's that old thing about us speaking the same language, but sometimes meaning different things.

As long as there's two separate beds in the room (what we'd call a twin room) that's fine. I know that's how they were on the last trip I did, but those where the days when we stayed at The Courtyard in Norwood.

The agreement with the Hampton Inn has been finalized. In a few business days I will receive instructions for making reservations within the UKPatriots room block. I will post it here immediately upon receipt.

The important points:

1) We have available rooms from 9/29 to 10/4 (beginning 10/5 the Hotel is already sold out to anther group).

2) We have double rooms (2 Queen Beds) at $159/night and single rooms (1 King Bed) @$149/night. A 11.7% tax is not included in the prices.

3) Reservations must be made by 9/8 at which time any unreserved rooms within the block will be returned by the hotel to their inventory of available rooms.

4) Reservations and payment are the responsibility of each individual.

Sue Gallogly, Director of Sales at the Hampton Inn, is looking forward to meeting the UKPatriots.

More information to follow.

Edited by husky71

22 hours ago, husky71 said:

The agreement with the Hampton Inn has been finalized. In a few business days I will receive instructions for making reservations within the UKPatriots room block. I will post it here immediately upon receipt.

The important points:

1) We have available rooms from 9/29 to 10/4 (beginning 10/5 the Hotel is already sold out to anther group).

2) We have double rooms (2 Queen Beds) at $159/night and single rooms (1 King Bed) @$149/night. A 11.7% tax is not included in the prices.

3) Reservations must be made by 9/8 at which time any unreserved rooms within the block will be returned by the hotel to their inventory of available rooms.

4) Reservations and payment are the responsibility of each individual.

Sue Gallogly, Director of Sales at the Hampton Inn, is looking forward to meeting the UKPatriots.

More information to follow.

Nice job Howie - as always!

Hi guys just wondering what majority of people do after the game whilst on the road trip.  I am guessing the fins games wraps up by 5pm local. Do roadtrippers tend to hang around soak up atmosphere and tailgate and stay in the local hotel for a second night.  Or hightail it into Boston?  

59 minutes ago, Phil D said:

Hi guys just wondering what majority of people do after the game whilst on the road trip.  I am guessing the fins games wraps up by 5pm local. Do roadtrippers tend to hang around soak up atmosphere and tailgate and stay in the local hotel for a second night.  Or hightail it into Boston?  

Given the hideous traffic getting away from the ground, we tend to tailgate until they chuck us out!  (which is usually 2 hours after the game).  Quite a few folks stay in the local hotel that night, some buzz off back to Boston.  I am sure folks will share plans on here once they are made.

Hi All 

1st post on here. I am planning on travelling over for the Dolphins game on the 30th and spending around 5/6 days in boston and surrounding areas. Being made redundant so taking the opportunity to come over !

1st trip over to see them , i see you have planned road trips but have missed the application period. 

Will there be a point I could potentially meet up with you guys? 

Cheers 

Mick

On 6/20/2018 at 8:59 PM, Phil D said:

Stand very close to the BBQ and hand out food and beer to those in need until the cops throw us out the car park. Someone will have a TV setup with the late afternoon game showing, or there's always cornholing.

Anyone planning on sticking around for the Bruins game on the Monday? 

6 hours ago, Carl03 said:

Anyone planning on sticking around for the Bruins game on the Monday? 

Unfortunately that would be stretching the trip out too far for us. A real shame as I bet the home opener would be a cracking night.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:55 AM, Rat Noir said:

Unfortunately that would be stretching the trip out too far for us. A real shame as I bet the home opener would be a cracking night.

Aye, I’m trying desperately to sort the holidays at work. Looks a bit of a stretch though. 

Friday night after the colts game - Anyone up for a night out in Boston?

(the canadian contingent is not going to the dolphins game)

Do we have any idea when the tickets will be confirmed?  I don't want to book flights until then but also don't want to wait too long to get stuff booked.

OK - Thundercats are GO!    We have received confirmation of our allocation and pricing.  I am delighted to confirm we will be able to fulfill all applications as per the original closure date (see below for a reminder of numbers).

Date: Sunday 30th September 1300hrs EST vs Miami Dolphins

Payment per ticket £190 (the Pats classify this as a ‘marquee’ matchup). This is for End Zone seating. Unfortunately we can’t get a block of tickets for this game, they will instead be clustered in pairs and fours, so we can’t guarantee you’ll be able to snuggle up with your bestie!!  This includes an allowance for liquid refreshment pre- and post-game. We anticipate continuing the arrangement of the last couple of years by tailgating with the Tailgate 2000 crew – separate cash contribution on the day for this.

Date: Thursday 4th October 2020hrs EST vs Indianapolis Colts

Payment per ticket £105 (the Pats classify this as a ‘premier’ matchup). This is for Upper level midfield seating. The Pats should be able to supply a more-or-less continuous block for us all.  This includes an allowance for liquid refreshment pre- and post-game. We anticipate continuing the arrangement of the last couple of years by tailgating with the Tailgate 2000 crew – separate cash contribution on the day for this.

Here are your next steps:

By the end of today, you will receive a PM from Mrs L:

1. Please confirm you still require your tickets at the above prices.
  2. Please make payment per the bank details within the PM. 

Payment deadline is by end of the day on Wednesday 25th July. 

Board name Miami game Colts game
papalazarou 1 1
mrs laz 1 1
Dermo 0 1
Dougie1737 0 2
Darius 1 2
Damien 0 1
Swindon Patriot 2 2
Yabba's turd 2 2
Carl 03 1 1
Sarley 73 0 2
Phil D 2 1
Deadly 36 2 0
David Cormack 1 0
GlasgowPat 1 1
jcuza 2 2
warren 1 1
Vangelis 1 0
Rat Noir 2 2
Seasider 2 2
Rob 1 0
SouthWalesPat 2 0
David 1 1
Chelsea Pat 0 2
DG31 0 1
JOnasSWE 2 2
D-Lo 0 1
MB22 2 2
UTCIAD 2 2

"Thundercats Ho!", or "Thunderbirds are Go!"??

Sorry... I'm a geek. And a pedant.

1 hour ago, waspie said:

"Thundercats Ho!", or "Thunderbirds are Go!"??

Sorry... I'm a geek. And a pedant.

Neither.  In Juno, she shouts "Thundercats are GO!" as she goes into labour.  We good?