mrs laz

2018 Roadtrip Official Application thread

We are delighted to announce the games for the 2018 UKPatriots Roadtrip – that’s right, GAMES!  This year, we are doing things a little differently as we have been offered the chance to purchase tickets for two games, which are scheduled 5 days apart in late September, early October:

Date: Sunday 30th September 1300hrs
Venue: Gillette Stadium
Vs: Miami Dolphins

And/or:

Date: Thursday 4th October 2020hrs

Venue: Gillette Stadium

Vs: Indianapolis Colts

Here is how it will work:  only one of the games – the Miami game on Sunday 30th September - will be designated as the official roadtrip game, where we will get together as a group on the day.  For the other game, you will be on your own apart from collecting your tickets on the day of the game/sitting together for the game.   Folks can apply to attend either one of the games OR both games – as long as the usual roadtrip rules are met (see below).

Here are the rules for applying for tickets for this year’s roadtrip from the UK. Please only apply for the trip if you are serious about attending!

Roadtrip Rules:

- To be accepted for the roadtrip, you must be a full registered member of UKPatriots.com forum and fanclub. If not already a full member, please PM jaco for details on how to become a full registered member.

IMPORTANT:  Being a member of the Facebook group only does not entitle you to apply for tickets – the Facebook group is merely one of several social media/communications channels and does not represent full membership of the fanclub.

- Full registered members may apply for tickets to either one OR both games.

- Maximum 2 tickets per game per initial application.
(You may express an interest in more than 2 tickets in case eventual availability permits – we will keep a reserve list.)

- FULL deposit per ticket paid upfront (amount/date to be confirmed once pricing is known).
Includes: cost of ticket (face value of tickets will be confirmed once known). To give an idea, last year we were assigned $160 tickets, for which a payment of £130 was required.

- Note: payment of deposit does not guarantee ticket assignment and acceptance of deposit does not constitute a contract to supply tickets. If we can’t get enough tickets the unlucky applicants will receive a full refund. Should demand outstrip supply and we need to prioritise applications, factors such as membership level, sustained board activity and contribution to site funding will be taken into account. All final decisions will be taken by the moderator team.

- Once ticket deposits are paid, drop-outs are non-refundable. We will attempt to sell drop-outs but make no guarantee of this OR you can try to sell on to someone from this board. Tickets MAY NOT be re-sold on ebay or any other public auction site or to non-members of this board. Be aware that tickets are only made available to us on gameday at the stadium itself.

What to do NOW – initial applications to be received by Friday 15th June.

Send PM via UKPatriots to mrs laz, with the following details:

a. Number of requested tickets per game (max 2 per game)
b. Name
c. Home Address
d. Telephone number
e. Email address
f. Payment method: cheque or bank transfer (note – all transfer fees at cost of sender – please add).
g. Confirm acceptance of the above Roadtrip Rules

mrs laz will PM back to acknowledge application receipt, with the appropriate details for payment following once the ticket pricing has been confirmed.  Once payment funds are received, mrs laz will confirm back by PM and your name will be on the initial list.

As always, do not book any travel until you have been told you are on the confirmed list.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Great that we have got the games confirmed. Defo going to try and make the second game as on holiday for the first one. Will get the PM sent later.

Thanks Mandy and co for pulling together such a great 2018 trip!

Hopefully I can get an application in this year 😊

*** Red Sox vs Yankees @ Fenway 28th & 29th September*** Might be a tough ticket to get hold of though 😐

Edited by nedpears
Red Sox update

I am in in some capacity - not sure about both yet - I'll be discussing with paul/danny/mike (and the missus) and see what goes on - It is also the weekend after the Lions game which is also on my radar - if anyone else is interested in that one then maybe something can be worked out.

Have interest in this, already seeing the pats in week 1 & 2 this season. Hopefully the boss doesn't need me in sept/oct haha!

Hmmm... money and leave juggling required, as I’m definitely doing Nashville, and almost certainly Chicago. 4 games would be unprecedented, verging on indulgent.

Looks like a brilliant trip this year and as much as I might like too I'm not going to be able to do it this year.  Already committed to Nashville and the Vikings home games.

Count me in, will check flights etc and confirm

£238 return... doable!

Edited by Yabba's Turd

Wow, absolutely amazing work Mandy. As always an unbelievable job! Having had the pleasure of all of your company for the last three Super Bowl parties and having been to games/other meet ups with some of you, I’d love to be involved with both if they’re available! Have already booked my flights for that week so I’m definitely in.

As some of you know,  I proposed to my girlfriend over here in America and on 29th September we will be getting married in Salem, MA. This arrangement is perfect, as I don't think I can justify going to the game on Sunday the morning after with guests to entertain! So I will definitely be at the Colts game on the Thursday. 

Once I get a good idea of who is coming, I will sort out some invites and hope to have some of you with us on the Saturday 29th to celebrate with Kelly and I.

22 minutes ago, Warren said:

Great work as normal can fly sat and out in Fri on norwigian air for 318 that is so so cheap 

Norwegain are great. Food isn't all that, so I would recommend just bringing your own on board! But it is what it is, a budget airline offering long-haul options. They use the Dreamliner which is very comfortable. If you're only doing a long weekend, you may even get away with just carry-on luggage.

When our directors fly out to me here in Boston/NY we use them all the time.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, nedpears said:

Thanks Mandy and co for pulling together such a great 2018 trip!

Hopefully I can get an application in this year 😊

*** Red Sox vs Yankees @ Fenway 28th & 29th September*** Might be a tough ticket to get hold of though 😐

Yanks Redsox is a lotery system to even get the chance to purchase, and that takes place before the season starts, so if you do get to go, you will be paying a lot for it.

4 minutes ago, Ensign said:

Yanks Redsox is a lotery system to even get the chance to purchase, and that takes place before the season starts, so if you do get to go, you will be paying a lot for it.

They're public sale, they just hold the tickets back and have them on separate sales. I can buy tickets to the series just before, but the August and September Yankees series go on sale separately tomorrow. Anyone can buy them. 

We have in the past I believe sorted out group rates, but it will be tough to do that because they usually enforce a stricter ticket limit for the Yankees games.

Just registered, great effort in organising👏

Still early days but do members generally organise travel and hotel or do you go with a regular location etc

thanks 

On 5/17/2018 at 1:58 PM, KentPatsFan said:

They're public sale, they just hold the tickets back and have them on separate sales. I can buy tickets to the series just before, but the August and September Yankees series go on sale separately tomorrow. Anyone can buy them. 

We have in the past I believe sorted out group rates, but it will be tough to do that because they usually enforce a stricter ticket limit for the Yankees games.

Definitely interested in attending. Will you try and buy a group allocation?

3 hours ago, Phil D said:

Still early days but do members generally organise travel and hotel or do you go with a regular location etc

thanks 

phil

travel you have to do yourself. normally we stay in the same hotel nearish teh stadium it makes it easier for game day when we all travel down togther

what people normally do is spend a few days in boston then on sat go down to the hotel in norwood. there are normally a friday night meetup its a good way for new peopel to meet everyone but every year is different. as we have 2 games as an option people might travel on sat to boston then spend the few days between the games in teh city catch maybe a hockey game all depends whats on.

the trip is what you make of it all we do as a club in facilitate tickets and maybe have tailgate. 

thanks 

Sounds great.  I may be travelling over on the Saturday so I can stretch until the following Friday.  Can you let me know the name of the hotel in Norwood please. Will you be staying there Wed night before the colts game too? Finally any recs on hotels in Boston.  Apologies for all the questions 👍

The Norwood hotel we have used previously has been the Hampton Inn - however one of our US buddies usually helps out by negotiating a group rate, so you may wish to wait for that.  Whatever you decide though, please bear in mind that any travel you decide to book now is at your own risk - you are not confirmed on the assigned ticket list yet and wont be for a while.  I understand you are keen to get some thing sorted - however we are not guaranteed anything at this point.  To get a flavor of how things work, have a look at the threads from previous years' roadtrips.

Plenty of time to arrange hotels and stuff etc.

The dates don't work well for me this year, I doubt I'll be able to  get the time off work for either game....

1 hour ago, patriotsjay said:

Plenty of time to arrange hotels and stuff etc.

The dates don't work well for me this year, I doubt I'll be able to  get the time off work for either game....

Wow, this would be the first one you've missed for quite a while. You'll definitely be missed.

Two games in a week for the RT and I’m already in Boston for a family event is a bonus. Sox/Yankee’s tickets sold out in like 15 mins on Friday, so no chance of a group allocation for that. They scrapped the lottery system a couple years back in a MLB wide deal. 

22 hours ago, mrs laz said:

The Norwood hotel we have used previously has been the Hampton Inn - however one of our US buddies usually helps out by negotiating a group rate, so you may wish to wait for that.  Whatever you decide though, please bear in mind that any travel you decide to book now is at your own risk - you are not confirmed on the assigned ticket list yet and wont be for a while.  I understand you are keen to get some thing sorted - however we are not guaranteed anything at this point.  To get a flavor of how things work, have a look at the threads from previous years' roadtrips.

Great information and will do 👍