Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

What to do between The Dolphins & Colts games

A couple of us are contemplating a "Roadtrip - Roadtrip" between the Dolphins game on the Sunday and the Colts game on Thursday night. This would be to do a trip to The NFL Hall of Fame in Canton Ohio and possibly also take in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It's a fair old way there and back, but could be done in the time available. Are any other of this years roadtrippers who are doing both games possibly interested in coming along?

Driving? to Cleveland? actually...
lemme work out how many socks I'd need for the journey.
1300 mile round trip...
Skyscanner hitting up flights at £116 return to Cleveland from Logan for Monday - Tuesday.
Driving costs are estimated at around $130 and a drive time of 19 hours to Canton and back to RI

Edited by Yabba's Turd

I’d be interested in that Mark , like the idea of flying though that’s 1 hell of a drive !!

4 hours ago, Djdshaw said:

I’d be interested in that Mark , like the idea of flying though that’s 1 hell of a drive !!

I think Warren likes the Thelma and Louise sound of it......!

2 hours ago, mrs laz said:

I think Warren likes the Thelma and Louise sound of it......!

Lol driving off a cliff 😂

Flying costs are around £340 for a 2 day trip with food, more with obligatory booze.

According to Google maps its a 1,346 mile round trip from Norwood to go to Canton first, then on up to Cleveland and back via Buffalo along the I90.

Could be done with sharing the driving (Neil excluded from driving due to being a new driver). Chance to see a bit more of the country and try a few Diners, Drive-ins or Dives. Also keeps the costs down with everyone sharing the car & fuel costs. Thelma & Louise can stay at home.

I'll already have an Impala for the week, don'y know how to go about adding a driver or how that would work with the funds being blocked on my CC for insurance should anything happen. I don't mind driving, I've driven to Florida from RI, and West Virginia from Missouri, it's pretty tedious on the interstate and there are certain places to avoid at rush hour, planning is paramount. You do realise this drive is the equivalent of driving from Edinburgh to Rome?
Canton's on my bucket list, so is First Energy which is across the road from RnR HOF.
The Radisson in downtown CLE is showing £75 a night on google, haven't looked at twin rooms yet.
Glasgow Pat and I would be starting from RI so add about 130 miles extra driving to the totaliser.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Glasgow_Patriot said:

Oft. That sounds epic....any more details?

You up for this adventure? If we're coming back via Buffalo I have a mate that owes me money, a ten minute detour and we'll be back on the road :D

2 Double bed room downtown CLE with parking $135 for the Monday

Radisson Hotel Cleveland-Gateway
651 Huron Road East, Cleveland, OH 44115 | +1 216 377-9000 
Downtown Cleveland across from Progressive Field & Q Arena

On 7/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, Swindon Patriot said:

According to Google maps its a 1,346 mile round trip from Norwood to go to Canton first, then on up to Cleveland and back via Buffalo along the I90.

Could be done with sharing the driving (Neil excluded from driving due to being a new driver). Chance to see a bit more of the country and try a few Diners, Drive-ins or Dives. Also keeps the costs down with everyone sharing the car & fuel costs. Thelma & Louise can stay at home.

I know you've looked at a 6 seater hire, I'll already have wheels for the whole week, don't mind driving if booking a 4 seater is a cheaper option.
I've also got an 8 mile detour to make in Buffalo 

5 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I know you've looked at a 6 seater hire, I'll already have wheels for the whole week, don't mind driving if booking a 4 seater is a cheaper option.
I've also got an 8 mile detour to make in Buffalo 

The original plan was to all travel in 1 vehicle and share the driving (minimises fatigue as well as hire & fuel costs). I think we'd possibly go with the minivan even if it was just 5 of us to have that bit of extra room. I've found some good deals for the vehicle including up to 3 extra drivers (just need to sort out how to get a couple of you actually added as it normal for the paperwork for this to be done in person when the vehicle is picked up). The detour into Buffalo isn't a problem, there's talk of paying a visit to Niagara Falls if we have enough time.