Sign in to follow this  
Guest WiltshirePats85

Jets Nov 18

Guest WiltshirePats85

We’re in NYC for the Jets game so got tickets and can’t wait!! Will be my first Pats game and also first NFL game in the states. Anyone else making the trip or been to MetLife before? 

Been to the old MetLife stadium in '08 (exact same place) and it was very easy to get to from Penn Station... assuming you're staying in Manhatten.

There was a game specific train which was cheap and regular which I expect is still the case.

Carl03 is the fella you wanna speak to as he was/is a resident in New York and has been to many games at MetLife so will be able to give you far more tips and advice.

You'll get plenty of light-hearted stick if you're wearing your Pats gear... and I saw a couple of Pats fans getting some not-so-light hearted stick (beer thrown at them and verbal abuse) although they were being obnoxious themselves so they were asking for it. If you're well behaved you won't get any trouble based on my experience....although the Jets have had an additional decade hiding in our shadow since I was there ;) 

Edited by AshleyW1987

Guest WiltshirePats85

thanks for the reply.

We are staying in Mid-Town and read plenty about transport to and from the game so fairly happy/comfortable with that.

The 2 things which I'm not so sure on are the weather could be anything snow, wind rain, sunshine, and the level of "light hearted" stick. Taking the wife so won't be entertaining beer being thrown over us! Although I can't see us upsetting the locals to get a response like that? I'd love to wear our shirts and hats but just not sure if its worth the hassle, saying that if its snows or pours with rain it may not matter <_<

Although after we leave with the 'W' it maybe a different situation!!

I genuinely don’t think there’s a better place to see that pats win in the regular season than at MetLife, I’ve seen us win thrillers against the Jets/Giants and heartbreaking losses against the Jets. I’ve been on my own, with my family and with friends. Always worn pats gear, never had anything other than friendly stick on my own or with family. Had plenty justified abuse when I’ve been with my mates, but we’re as loud and obnoxious as they come and have just as good as we got. You’ve got the added bonus of being British, you’ll be fine to wear pats gear. 

Train from Penn station, change at Secaucus is the best way. Tir Na Nog opposite penn on 31st is a patriots bar and is home to the NYC pats fans, there’ll be plenty pats fans in there before and after the game. 

New York weather in November is as unpredictable as the UK weather. Could be shorts and T shirt weather could be 3 layers and full waterproofs.  

Guest WiltshirePats85

Well I think I will go for broke and stick a jersey on!! I'm sure there will be plenty of others joining me.

I'll give that bar a go prior to the game cheers for the tip.

Wilt or anyone else going to this who hasn't got tickets yet, the NYC pats fan club have just mailed this link out to members for discounted tickets, also might be the easiest way to ensure you're sat with pats fans.

If anyone going wants a post game party the venue will be the Tir Na Nog at west 39th just off 8th avenue. About 7 blocks from penn.

I've managed to wrangle a work trip to NY that week so I'll be at the game and in the bar on 31st prior to tge game and the bar on 39th post game if anyone fancys a beer.

https://nyjets.spinzo.com/new-england-patriots-vs-new-york-jets-2018-11-25-DGFVD?group=patriots-fan-clubs-kh3h

Guest WiltshirePats85

Last day of work before we head over to NYC for the game, so excited!!

The weather is also looking on the up after a forecasted -3 C high tomorrow Sunday is looking sunny and 13 C!!!

Will defo head to Tir Na Nog prior to getting the train over to the stadium and hopefully afterwards to celebrate the win. Was so disappointed with our performance against the Titans a fortnight ago, so hoping for a big big reaction on Sunday afternoon!!!

Enjoy the game!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this