Sign in to follow this  

Morning all,

Hope you all enjoyed the win last night although it was a tough one. 2 good defences going at it.

In December were heading over to Boston for our first ever home game which we are very excited about.

I'm interested to hear peoples experiences with the transport links to the stadium from Boston.

I've read a fair bit about this and how there doesn't seem to be a clear winner for the best way to do this. 

I'm stuck between two options-

1. pay $40 each for the shuttle bus which will get us there in plenty of time and leave about 30 mins after the game.

2. Get an Uber down to the stadium early Sunday morning and then slog it back on the train after the game.

Although the train does take over 2 hours to get back to Boston (?) which seems amazing as only 30 odd miles away!

Any info on past experiences is appreciated.

Thanks

I've only ever driven to the games myself, so cannot help with info about the train or shuttle bus.

I'm sure there will be a few replies from people who have used those methods though.

Driving gives you a lot more flexibility, but no opportunity for having a drink (well maybe one). You would need to set off in good time if you are travelling down from Boston as the traffic gets crazy busy. Parking has just gone up to $60 per car, but if you get there nice and early, you'll have time to experience the tailgating atmosphere, visit the pro-shop (take any bulky purchases back to your car before going into the stadium) and not have to rush out to catch the train or a bus back.

Driving back could well take just as long as the train journey. We usually don't bother trying to leave the car park until at least an hour or so after the game.

As its only the 2 of us going we don't want to drive, plus the cost of hiring a car and the parking charges you mention make it more expensive then Uber, bus or train. More importantly we are very keen for beers, especially in December where we might need that beer coat. I'm leaning towards the bus just so it takes all complications away, we just need to turn up on time and not lose track of the time after the game.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this