Sign in to follow this  
DG31

Pats V Buccs At Wembley Next Year!

As the first ever Patriots offiicial fan club to register, then I bloody well hope so !!

And I wonder Tom & Giselle would like a nice few days away in a little Sussex B&B ?

Come on, everyone knows Americans prefer Scotland ;)

Watch the membership of this forum ROCKET !!

You cynic :rolleyes:

Surrey's back in the house!

And I'M NOT IN THE BLOODY COUNTRY. I'm spending next year in California - grrrrrrrrrrr ahhhh grrrrrrrrrrr.... wonder if Kraft'll fly me in?!

That is seriously bad luck :(

I'm thinking Wife's 40th Birthday on the 20th so will have to take her away for the weekend, hope she's going to be reasonable and let me take her away the weekend before her Birthday :unsure:

Like SS says - take her to London. I know a nice wee hostel you may like :lol:

I would certainly love to go but I'll have to see how the soccer fixtures for next season fall, so I can't commit to anything until mid June. :(

Positive thinking - Saints have a free weekend ;)

This is fantastic news, hopefully 2 Pats games to take in next year (or 3 if we get that Miami roadtrip-New England home game ;) ). We'll be able to return the gesture to our generous US hosts, but what will the tailgate food be?

Cynic maybe, but Fulham informs me that there've been 10-15 applications to join the forum so far tonight (that's 10-15 more than a usual Monday night :lol: )

This is fantastic news, hopefully 2 Pats games to take in next year (or 3 if we get that Miami roadtrip-New England home game ;) ). We'll be able to return the gesture to our generous US hosts, but what will the tailgate food be?

Haggis ;)

Cynic maybe, but Fulham informs me that there've been 10-15 applications to join the forum so far tonight (that's 10-15 more than a usual Monday night :lol: )

To be fair, I have mentioned this site this evening on a Yahoo roadtrip group I'm a member of. They've had tailgates at San Diego, SF and Miami this year, with an event planned in Oakland.

To be fair, I have mentioned this site this evening on a Yahoo roadtrip group I'm a member of. They've had tailgates at San Diego, SF and Miami this year, with an event planned in Oakland.

Is that the one mentioned on PFWinprogress last week? The same guy who does the Orange County group as well?

Guest Scouse Patriot

T-Shirts definitely need to be made on this occasion, and for food....... can you tailgate good old english fish and chips??

Leave application put in now lets wait and hope, don't let me down roster clerk.!!!!!!!!!

I assure you I am a real fan.

Just ask James, I kill his forum with stuff all the time B)

And if we have a group booking, I want to sit with some other proper Pats fans as well. Maybe get to know a few of you as I am determined to get out to the States next December for a game.

Looks like my please to the gods to let me see a Patriots game next year were answered. Especially as the missus wasn't going to let me go off to NE on my own.

Tampa should draw some cracking 'home' support.

Didn't they say there were worries about the Bucs being selected last year, what with angry ManU fans seeing a chance at annoying Mr Glazer.

Perfect match for me! Flatmate is a Bucs fan so will have to get tickets, especially as I can see Wembley from my house :)

So at least we've got our accomodation sorted then!

There were plenty of TB shirts there last year, so NE should get a good turnout. And although I thoroughly enjoyed the game this year, it's not the same to be cheering on a team just because you want the opposition to lose.

SO excited... :)

If there is an allocation that is exceeded by demand for the group booking (of course there will be) will there be the same priority rules as per roadtrip? I cant see us getting 100 tickets surely...obviously there are 10-15 or so boardies who have been here from the start guarenteed, we need to get Howard, his son, Paul and the rest of the guys over.

Meatballs, curry, chilli, steak and chips...you can get portable deep fat friers, make it happen!!

Chris, that was my first thought when I seen it, given what the guys over the US do! Its quite the conincidence as we spoke about this with Howard in the car on the way to the way back to the hotel from the Rams game.

And if we have a group booking, I want to sit with some other proper Pats fans as well.

Yeah, definitely. I don't get as much chance to post on here as I'd like, so it'd be great to actually turn usernames and avatars into actual people.

just found this forum via the yahoo group i'm in :) i'm a lifelong english pats fan and been over to US them play and was lucky enough to be there for the 16-0 season against the giants :)

and just got home from a long day at work and oh my god i fell over in happiness! lol

come you pats

I am absolutely thrilled for you guys. You guys are fantastic, some of the most loyal and passionate Pats fans I have ever seen, and met.

I posted this on the Mike Reis Section of the online Boston Globe.

" I think this is great for the Pats, and for Pats fans in the UK, who are a huge, loyal, and passionate group. I have met several of them over the years, and they impress me with their knowledge of the Pats, the NFL, and the American game of football. I am happy for them.

And, what more logical team to play in the UK than the New ENGLAND Patriots."

I am truly happy for you guys.

What a superb piece of news. Had it not been us I would have been tempted to try and get roadtrip tickets instead of the International Game. Stuff that though, now. Is it true though we have to purchase tickets in January as that is much earlier than before (normally we've applied in Feb and bought in June)

Doesn't matter though - tickets are hot on the wishlist for 09. Should be a good game, assuming TFB is back.

I know I've stated my preference here many a time for a December road-trip, but I might have to reconsider an early season game now just so we can delivery a rousing chorus of "Wemb-er-ley, Wemb-er-ley, We're New England Patriots and we're going to Wemb-er-ley, ... " .

Still .. there's always Bodeans for rehearsals on Feb 1 :D

a quote from the Patriots.com in an article on the post game quotes when it must have been initially announced

"We're really excited the league chose us to play in London. We're interested in the globalization of our sport," Patriots owner Robert Kraft told reporters inside the New England locker room Monday afternoon.

"I learned that our team … we've become the number-one team over there. Probably because of our name. We're the New England Patriots. We're going back to the mother country, for some," he joked, before continuing on a serious note.

"We have a UK fan club that's pretty active and they've been coming here for a number of years. It'll be a lot of fun going over there."

UK Pats go ;)

Yes but for every positive quote, you'll also find one of these ...

"I don't really want to go to London if I didn't have to, but I guess if we have to we have to," said left guard Logan Mankins.

"I don't really want to go to London if I didn't have to, but I guess if we have to we have to," said left guard Logan Mankins.

I've bought their merchandise, so they're flaming well coming!

Amusing about the "mother land" quote though. I was in Boston on Independence Day a few years back. NOT a good time to be discovered to be English! ;) When a firearms laden police officer is the 100th person to tell you how they won the war, you grin, eye the weapon and just step backwards, smiling, nicely, nodding, agreeing.

But as Jay just said to me on MSN, he is a proper village boy is he not? With his beard and all...and probably doesnt have a passport! Haha

i think we can let Logan off. Having visited and stayed in Logan's home town in Northern Cal 'Mariposa' if you can call it a town had about 4 streets, two bars one of which was closed and so god knows what he thinks of Boston, let alone London must be a real culture shock

Would be great to see our American friends on this side of the pond for a UK Patriots get together B)

By the way, add some Welsh Rarebit to that menu ;)

Would be great to see our American friends on this side of the pond for a UK Patriots get together B)

By the way, add some Welsh Rarebit to that menu ;)

or lamb.... :P;)

New team name New England Patriots

The Welsh and Scots may come too if they really want :lol:

The Colonies come back to their homeland. :D

So, how come it is that you guys talk funny? :D

Well my other half and I can't wait! I was hoping it would be the Patriots!! If any of our American friends need a place to stay they are welcome here as we will definately be going to the game!!

Sam (in shock)

Great to know theres a chance of seeing the pats next year as with a baby on the way the misses would never have let me go on the roadtrip. Lets hope we can all get tickets

Guest dave45
That might just be a reason for my wife and I to spend some quality time in the UK. B)

Reverse Roadtrip! :D

You (and the rest of your team) are more than welcome :)

Guest dave45
Anyone got any ideas on what we can do?

We have to make this something to remember...this is once in a lifetime :D

You wouldn't, by any chance, be "Gobsmacked", would you? :P

Guest dave45

MEATBALLS !!!!!

Hi all...back in the UK for a 2 weeks then off to Boston for the Cards game.

Gutted about this..Im working in Singapore all next year and have zero chance of getting home for it :( big chance to see the Pats just down the road from where i live as well. Gonna have to do another Dec Boston trip next year to make up for it.

Good luck to all of you that try for tickets. I will go in the ballot myself and if i get any will offer them on here at cost price to anyone that misses out.

According to the E-mail yesterday, I don't think there will be a ballot. It looks as if it will be a First Come First Serve in January.

Be great if we could all sit together tho.

Just noticed this, holy cow.

That should be good.

Just hope I can get tickets and to all be together would be cool.

Just caught up with this - a reverse road trip sounds spectacular !

Howard, Paul, Ed, Lauren et al - the standing invitation for a few days in the glorious Cotswalds in sunny Cheltenham is more real than ever :)

whos excited to feck that our New England Patriots are coming to Wembley to show us how to play football. i said from when the first international regular season game was hosted here that if the Pats came i would do whatever i had to do to get there i would walk from selby to Wembley to watch them, so as soon as the tickets are on sale im booking my tickets.

GO PATS!

According to the E-mail yesterday, I don't think there will be a ballot. It looks as if it will be a First Come First Serve in January.

Be great if we could all sit together tho.

A bit different from the email I got then :P Mine said there would be a registry of interest as per the last 2 games, on December 15th, and a ballot giving the winners a chance to purchase their tickets before general sale. So dont worry :P

Guest Scouse Patriot
A bit different from the email I got then :P Mine said there would be a registry of interest as per the last 2 games, on December 15th, and a ballot giving the winners a chance to purchase their tickets before general sale. So dont worry :P

Yeah i was reading the NFLUK site and your right, apparently from the 15th you can register your interest. I'll be on there at 12.01 lol.

I know I've stated my preference here many a time for a December road-trip, but I might have to reconsider an early season game now just so we can delivery a rousing chorus of "Wemb-er-ley, Wemb-er-ley, We're New England Patriots and we're going to Wemb-er-ley, ... " .

Still .. there's always Bodeans for rehearsals on Feb 1 :D

Will there defineteley be a Roadtrip still next season??? Finally manging to get Mrs Lucky interested in the game and she loves the idea of going on one as she has family in Boston to visit with too.

As fantastic as the Wembley game news is i would be gutted to finally, FINALLY, have the opportunity,finance,permission :rolleyes: to roadtrip but then not have one to go on.

Will there defineteley be a Roadtrip still next season??? Finally manging to get Mrs Lucky interested in the game and she loves the idea of going on one as she has family in Boston to visit with too.

As fantastic as the Wembley game news is i would be gutted to finally, FINALLY, have the opportunity,finance,permission :rolleyes: to roadtrip but then not have one to go on.

Well I am sure we all want one!

As long as we can get our allocation there shouldn't be any issues. No reason why we shouldn't!!!

For those who are interested in pondhopping.... we will still be (ticket allocation permitting!) arranging the US roadtrip next year.

As fantastic as the Wembley game is undoubtedly going to be, Gillette is the ultimate Patriots-watching venue. No comparison!

Anyone interested should check back in once the 2009 schedule has been confirmed (early April). That's when discussions start in earnest. Until then, I think we have more than enough to keep us busy!

For those who are interested in pondhopping.... we will still be (ticket allocation permitting!) arranging the US roadtrip next year.

snowgame.............snowgame....................snowgame..............snowgame.

...........snowg.........ouch.............bloody snowballs....................................................snowgame...........