Sign in to follow this  
DG31

The Ticket Thread

1 for me dont know about andy

I reckon there's a fair to middlin chance Mr Wales might be going Gareth...!!!! ;)

(it'll be yours & Andy's only chance to get to Wembley with the way Arsenal are playing....!) :P;)

I reckon there's a fair to middlin chance Mr Wales might be going Gareth...!!!! ;)

(it'll be yours & Andy's only chance to get to Wembley with the way Arsenal are playing....!) :P;)

Don't anger the 'Angry Welshman' ;)

The Husky71 clan anticipates being in London/Manchester for most probably 3-4 days. Plenty of time to meet and greet everyone, this time on your turf.

It will be great if you can make it Howard, shoe on the other foot for a change :D

I never heard boos either- maybe it WAS halling!

There were boos.

I went as I a) couldn't afford a trip out to the USA and I wasn't part of this group although I knew James was going.

and B) it gave me a chance to boo LaDainian Tomlinson and watch Rivers have a strop because they couldn't hear his plays through the whistling and booing.

And them losing means a better draft pick. It was all part of the plan.

Are you sure that wasn't "Deeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce" ??

Well they can't have been shouting that at the Chargers, unless people were overcome and confused from drinking real beer instead of the American stuff. I know I was shouting Deuce later on. Gave me a sore throat. Maybe I should have asked Deuce to lend me some of his cough sirrup.

There were boos.

I went as I a) couldn't afford a trip out to the USA and I wasn't part of this group although I knew James was going.

and B) it gave me a chance to boo LaDainian Tomlinson and watch Rivers have a strop because they couldn't hear his plays through the whistling and booing.

And them losing means a better draft pick. It was all part of the plan.

Yeah, that's what the 12th man is for. Think he can come over here, after giving the Pats a kicking, and be given an easy ride? Regardless of that though, LT always looks mean. You can hate Rivers, but you gotta respect LT.

This thread is wandering now, isn't it.

I'd be interested in at least 1. I will be trying my luck through the usual means, but would much prefer to be part of an "official" party.

Hey Guys. Reading some of the posts I take it that some of you have been to Wembley for NFL before. Tickets go on sale Jan 2009 apparently, is it relatively easy to get hold of tickets?, any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. does this mean there will not be a road trip this year?

Cheers

Hey Guys. Reading some of the posts I take it that some of you have been to Wembley for NFL before. Tickets go on sale Jan 2009 apparently, is it relatively easy to get hold of tickets?, any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. does this mean there will not be a road trip this year?

Cheers

Please keep checking this thread for details on Wembley tickets.

and yes - there will be a US roadtrip in 2009 ..... subject to all usual caveats about ticket allocation. Once the schedule is announced (april) discussions will start

If possible can that be ratser +2 ?

Missus now wants to go.

Yup, I'd probably want Wycombe Patriot +3.

I do think a block booking is the way to go. That way, we can generate some genuine partisan atmosphere inside Wembley (plus we'd all get to properly meet each other). That said, it's going to be highly dependent on the NFL, NFLUK, Wembley and Patriots organisations as to whether this is going to be possible.

Guest shimbop9

I'm not sure....

I've organised to go with my sister. Actually, thinking about it, I'd rather not get stuck with a load of bucs fans!

Add me (and my sister). Shimbop9 +1

Thanks.

Oh, and if it is possible, and this whole thing goes through, could you PM some of the details on my part - like the ticket info, etc. thanks again.

and Brilliant Idea DG31.

Guest shimbop9
Seriously? Even Nick Halling commented on it. (Not that I'm the kind of person who attended the game and then watched it on TV to see my 25 milliseconds of fame.)

By the way, I never heard that many boos either.

However, there were some. And yes, we probably will get booed - with Brady back, we'll probably kill them though (the Bucs that is).

Colts?! I feel a little ill now. ;)

Nah, he's been scratched now. We have a CT-based friend who is MA-born and a massive Pats fan, so we are hoping he can get time off to come over.

wow that is a lot right enough.....well as i said earlier i know i have asked for 4 tickets but thats how many of us always travel there and planned to next year anyways so ill still be trying through NFLUK to get tickets via lottery . Id settle for 3 tickets if need be for the 3 pats fans of us that go :). If we can only get two tickets each id stick it out with the lottery but in advance id like to thank the guys behind the scenes who will be trying to get an allocation for us all. I know someone mentioned about people being greedy for tickets but i dont think thats the case here more that people have already been going to these events and want to go with the same people etc.

My update. I will be looking for TWO tickets. After having discussions with the wife, she feels it would be too difficult for her to go to the game. So we are looking to possibly have a few days down in London, with me and the bab going to the match. I certainly do not want to do what I did this year (drive there and back the same day) I was sure starting to get tired on the last stretch of the journey home!

Just a quick thought. But why don't we start up a poll, with the poll question being the number of tickets people want. Then, with a quick bit of maths we've got a rough idea of how many tickets we'd need. Also, people can change their request as needed. Looks like mine might be down to just one ticket, depending upon the viability of taking a seven year old.

Just a quick thought. But why don't we start up a poll, with the poll question being the number of tickets people want. Then, with a quick bit of maths we've got a rough idea of how many tickets we'd need. Also, people can change their request as needed. Looks like mine might be down to just one ticket, depending upon the viability of taking a seven year old.

No need I'm keeping a count of this thread which is accurate enough for the timebeing

The total number of tickets requested might very well not be the total number of tickets allocated, that is if the request for a block is successful at all (fingers crossed for luck!). Previous posts have stated the priority for those who will get tickets and who won't. Be sure that the Laz duo will stick to that priority list.

It's just amazing how many new names are seen posting here, although we all should have expected it. <_<

i know this site will see a rise in members due to the patriots been called to play at wembley.....as i found this site after search for info on tickets didnt know this site exsisted or would have been a member sooner

i am planning on buying tickets my self for me and my friend but if a group booking is viable i would love a couple of tickets and be part of a large group of pats fans as i reckon the stadium will be full of nfl fans of different teams.

so if possible two tickets :)

It's just amazing how many new names are seen posting here, although we all should have expected it. <_<

i do see your point husky i didnt see your post until i already posted mine. thats why my is a if possible request but no worries if not. sure it will be a great day no matter where in the stadium people are :)

i do see your point husky i didnt see your post until i already posted mine. thats why my is a if possible request but no worries if not. sure it will be a great day no matter where in the stadium people are :)

Not meant for you specifically, but for all those who came on board ONLY FOR TICKETS!

Just hope the regular posters who can't afford the roadtrip are given favourable treatment :D

Just hope the regular posters who can't afford the roadtrip are given favourable treatment :D

i think that is a spot on and also you guys who have been on here for years too should get first dibs on any tickets

Does that include regular post padders?? :rolleyes:

Guest dave45
The total number of tickets requested might very well not be the total number of tickets allocated, that is if the request for a block is successful at all (fingers crossed for luck!). Previous posts have stated the priority for those who will get tickets and who won't. Be sure that the Laz duo will stick to that priority list.

It will be interesting to see how many of those newbies stay with the site after the tickets have been allocated. Not many, I bet.

It will be interesting to see how many of those newbies stay with the site after the tickets have been allocated. Not many, I bet.

To be honest I don't care! Provided all the regulars have access to the tickets they want, then the more Pats fans we get together in the same block the more fun it will be for all of us. I would rather Pats fans come here looking for tickets and join us, than be surrounded by a load of "neutral" NFLUK bods.

So let's cut the new guys some slack .. comments such as the above, and many others I've read, are not very welcoming (Sorry Dave, not picking on you, it's just that this is the latest of many). Of course they won't stick around if we make them feel unwanted. For this reason, I welcome any ticket hunters here, and let's be honest, a couple of dozen new registrations hardly represents an invasion. :)

To be honest I don't care! Provided all the regulars have access to the tickets they want, then the more Pats fans we get together in the same block the more fun it will be for all of us. I would rather Pats fans come here looking for tickets and join us, than be surrounded by a load of "neutral" NFLUK bods.

So let's cut the new guys some slack .. comments such as the above, and many others I've read, are not very welcoming (Sorry Dave, not picking on you, it's just that this is the latest of many). Of course they won't stick around if we make them feel unwanted. For this reason, I welcome any ticket hunters here, and let's be honest, a couple of dozen new registrations hardly represents an invasion.

Very well said Seagull...this has came up before about influx last year after beating the Colts and looking likely to go 16-0 etc and i found it insulting then and just as bad now. Its great IMO to see so many new people coming to this site boosted by the fact the Pats are going to be playing at Wembley. The more Pats fans we can get in the one place the better surely as it brings new conversations and opinions on everything New England Patritots. I do hope that even those just popping in to see if we can provide tickets stay around and realise we have quite a good forum and friendly people to boot :) I would never have stayed around if everyone had been unwelcoming but i truly think most of the people here are great and very helpful as far as questions that new people may think are silly questions to ask. Ive asked them myself and probably still ask them....lol. So please stick around everyone and keep posting :)

Guest dave45

So let's cut the new guys some slack .. comments such as the above, and many others I've read, are not very welcoming (Sorry Dave, not picking on you, it's just that this is the latest of many). Of course they won't stick around if we make them feel unwanted. For this reason, I welcome any ticket hunters here, and let's be honest, a couple of dozen new registrations hardly represents an invasion. :)

Fair point, s.s.

I hope that many of them do stay and they are quite welcome as far as I am concerned. I hope they keep posting and become regulars on here. It is certainly not my intention to make anyone feel unwelcome. However I do feel that there will be some drop-off.

Sunbeam & myself have been saying privately for quite a while that the site can on occasions have some very quiet times & even became stale due to inactivity.

I'm hoping that the tix news will breath some fresh life into the forum- however I do share Dave's concern about the reasons why so many people have recently joined.

FTR I hope the Newbs stay & keep posting- more posters = more opinions!! :)

Sunbeam & myself have been saying privately for quite a while that the site can on occasions have some very quiet times & even became stale due to inactivity.

I'm hoping that the tix news will breath some fresh life into the forum- however I do share Dave's concern about the reasons why so many people have recently joined.

FTR I hope the Newbs stay & keep posting- more posters = more opinions!! :)

I share the same concerns but I'm sure it'll all be done the same way as is if we exceeded the RT limit...length of time with the group and contribution to the forums.

Everyone needs to apply like we would have done for the other London games and assume that we might not get an allocation or not enough to cover everyone. t's the best way forward.

To help also, if there wasn't enough to cover the numbers wanting to go and someone got a code for one of the sales, that code should be shared for the unfortunate ones.

I'm sure we can end up all going even if not everyone sits in the same area.

At worst we could all meet at the tailgate and post victory celebration party :D

I may now need 2 tix as the bro-in-law has shown an interest :)

He's a bit of a ditherer on these big decisions mind :unsure:

For those that haven't already registered, and i'd like to know why not :angry: the register for interest in tickets opens tomorrow afternoon on NFLUK.

you have to be registered to recieve an email with passcode, so register @ NFLUK>com today.

this doesn't guarantee tickets, nor is any money paid, until the tickets are released.

While we are all in panic mode, thats Rob+2. I think the tailgate will have to be the lengh of Oxford Street! :)

Am I still able to get in on this? I have somehow missed these threads.

Am I still able to get in on this? I have somehow missed these threads.

Of course, all the details are in the opening post in this thread ... Wembley Ticket Applications

A reminder has been sent out to our top-60 posters and those registered on the official fan list that Ted organised a while back, who have not yet applied. My apologies if either of those mail-shots catch any of you twice.

This thread closed now that we have another with the details on.