Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

UKP Wembley Merchandise

The UKPatriots mods have been discussing the possibility of some simple commemorative "UKPatriots" merchandise for Wembley Weekend. If you have any thoughts, ideas or offers of help, Waspie would be pleased if you post them here. Please also give an indication of what UKP merchandise, if any, may be of interest to you. It is unclear at this point if we would be allowed to use the "Flying Elvis" as part of such merchandise.

Guest Scouse Patriot

I think some kind of T-Shirt would be quite a good idea. I sent Papa a PM the other day saying im happy to take the lead and get them all sorted. As for the 'Flying Elvis' im sure the Pats wouldn't begrudge us using it, especially because of who we are and the ties we have with them etc etc.

Other merchandise i would be interested in.... erm......... off the top of my head I can't think of anything. As long as i get a programme on the day i'll be really happy

Hi Scouse .. please liase with Waspie on this. He will be representing the mods for merchandise. He should also arrange contact with the Patriots through our contact points as far as the The Flying Elvis is concerned. What we do know is that it may not be used for profit, so we have to be very careful. It is, after all , their logo not ours, and what we are talking about here is UKP merchandise, not Patriots gear.

Guest Scouse Patriot
Hi Scouse .. please liase with Waspie on this. He will be representing the mods for merchandise. He should also arrange contact with the Patriots through our contact points as far as the The Flying Elvis is concerned. What we do know is that it may not be used for profit, so we have to be very careful. It is, after all , their logo not ours, and what we are talking about here is UKP merchandise, not Patriots gear.

I agree totally and if it comes down to it not having the 'Flying Elvis' won't really affect the T-shirts/other merchandise. I'll PM Waspie now anyway, thanks Secret.

some large flags could be good.... one advertsing of the ukpatriots (and the sponser if there is one) and that we are a group

also afterwards you can stick it in your garden or on your wall *if the other half lets you* to show more patriot support.

Guest Scouse Patriot
I think UKPatriots Wembley Rally Towels or Thundersticks would be quite a good idea.

If Thundersticks are them inflatable things that you bang together (usually get them at Rugby games) then im liking that idea

If Thundersticks are them inflatable things that you bang together (usually get them at Rugby games) then im liking that idea

You Are Correct, Sir! Thundersticks are long, narrow plastic balloons that are used as promotional noise makers. The noise is created when two thunder sticks are struck together.

They are most often used at sporting events, political rallies and concerts.

We need some sort of a sticker patch,with the UKPatriots emblem on, so that we can ad our own log in details to it,ie rob@foxboro you dig,so as we can put a face to the members log in! i say a patch rather than a tee shirt,because i guess we will all be waring game shirts anyway! ;)

i'd be willing to help out, got a couple of ideas for t-shirts... i'll work on this week and post when completed, just waiting for a friend to come back off holiday to get my other laptop back with photoshop on :)

No, no thundersticks, please. It was bad enough at the Claymores when every 2nd person had one of those horn things!!!!

those horn things!!!!

Jaco, why thats a great idea!

Official UKP hardcore rave horns!!

In terms of merchandise. are we looking at promotional giveaways, from us at the tailgate stand. or something we will sell, non profit obviously, on the day.

i'm sure there would be a copywright encroachment using any official Patriot logo, without prior permission , the roadtrip fleeces were great, ideal for Wembley in late october, may be a good idea to create a "highly visible UKPatriot version for the uk Members. i'm sure most board members would cough up for something patriotic to wear under their game shirt, ie we have our logo on the arms, back collar- to be visible under shirts, as well as the usual commemerative wear. This would (1) promote awareness of our existance throughout the game. (2) create a united quality image for us (not cheapo tacky t.shirts) (3) create a desire to be part of our "family" thus promoting the UKPatriots in the right light at Wembley.

in terms of giveaways that would be visible within the stadium. we have to remember that this is a Tampa home game, and as such, like the Saints this year, the NFL will encourage everyone to get behind the home team (we know this wont happen) there will be some type of free merchandise available to all within the stadium to support the Bucs.

this is what were up against.either we look to the Patriots for some help here, or we need to finance something ourselves to show the visible force of the Pats fans. maybe something along the lines of a hand held banner, scarf, flag etc-do we have a chinese connection for imports??

T-shirts don't have to be "cheapo" and "tacky". They can be commemorative of the occasion, sure most people would want one.

Why don't we have UKPatriots ties made up and go dressed in suits? ;)

T-shirts don't have to be "cheapo" and "tacky". They can be commemorative of the occasion, sure most people would want one.

Why don't we have UKPatriots ties made up and go dressed in suits? ;)

I,m not suggesting that tshirts are tacky or cheapo. If this was a game mid summer- i'd be the first to suggest them,or polo shirts. Its just that everyone will be wearing on field shirts to the game, therefore the best way to show the UKpats brand would be a fleece underneath your shirt - both toasty warm and proper advertising.

otherwise we could go for long sleeve tshirts, but these would negate the logo om the neck.(i'm not going to suggest roll-necks-i like to breathe) :D

I'll probably look to use my contacts at Stash - http://www.stashrugby.com/ - again. They already have a template for our logo which can be applied to polos, fleeces, rugby shirts, jackets etc. I know their quality can be counted on, and they're easy to work with.

I'm thinking fleeces and polos - although I take the point about something that can be worn under a jersey and I'll think about it.

T-shirts, I'm not fussed by. Of little practical use at the end of October. If we're going to do them, then they must be done well. Heavy duty t-shirts (a decent manufacturer like Hanes), and good quality printing.

I'm also going to look into getting some pins done - could either be sold or given away at the parties and tailgates.

Obviously we will be using the Flying Elvis, there will therefore be no profit, nor do I think we can use this to subsidise any other part of the weekend. But this also demands that anything we do be of the highest quality. Whatever we do mustn't be allowed to damage the Patriots brand.

I'm tending to shy away from stadium giveaways such as towels, flags or (God forbid) noisemakers. In order to be noticeable (and not just irritating) we'd need to have a lot of them, and some way of distributing beyond our immediate blocks of seats.

Guest shimbop9

No offense Seagull, but either way do you not need the Flying Elvis Logo? It is the Patriots logo, and since it is going to be "UKPatriots" merchandise, then technically it is also Patriots stuff, as it mentions them and their name....and hopefully their logo.

But yes, we need their absolute permission to use it. Maybe I could ask Fred during one of the PFW in Progress shows if he could send information on who to contact. Heh.

Sorry guys, I meant it would be good to have a souveniur t-shirt that you could keep and wear whenever not just for the game. We were going to get roadtrip t-shirts this year that we obviously couldn't show in October in New England but would be nice to keep as a souveniur and wear all year round.

It's not Patriots merchandise and I wouldn't bother Fred with this matter mate as it's not the first time the mods have dealt with these issues, they have the right contacts.

No offense Seagull, but either way do you not need the Flying Elvis Logo? It is the Patriots logo, and since it is going to be "UKPatriots" merchandise, then technically it is also Patriots stuff, as it mentions them and their name....and hopefully their logo.

But yes, we need their absolute permission to use it. Maybe I could ask Fred during one of the PFW in Progress shows if he could send information on who to contact. Heh.

As well as t-shirts which I think will sell really well, how about commemorative pin badges with the UK Patriots logo on it and the game details ?

Like you can sometimes get at Champions League games for the teams involved.

Or 'UkPatriots On Tour - Home Leg' (sort of thing) pin badges.

Or UK Patriots hoody's for under our Pats shirts.

I've used a US pin manufacturer before so can help with that if required. They were around $2 each + shipping earlier this year for 1 inch round enamel, price for 150 pins, (they look beter than in the photo).

7f11_2.JPG

In addition to pins, good quality T-Shirts & hoodies would get my vote.

I've used a US pin manufacturer before so can help with that if required. They were around $2 each + shipping earlier this year for 1 inch round enamel, price for 150 pins, (they look beter than in the photo).

7f11_2.JPG

In addition to pins, good quality T-Shirts & hoodies would get my vote.

Steve; that looks to be exactly what we're looking for.

I was thinking of a general UK Patriots pin, but a gameday version might be worth considering. Things to bear in mind - we would have to be sure of shifting them on the day; no-one who misses the game will be interested in deadstock. Also, do the Bucs do pins for their home games (can't see any on their website)? Have pins been available at the previous Wembley games?

Guest Keithj

There are two ways to go with this, I think. Either it's a purely commemorative item that is worn once and put away, such as a printed T-shirt - or something that can be brought out in future to show (in the words of Max Boyce) "I know 'cos I was there!" on other occasions. I'd be thinking along the lines of an embroidered logo or some-such for the second so that it can be worn and washed without worrying about the image disappearing.

Something to attract the attention of the TV is a different matter. A banner hung somewhere prominent where the block booking is sitting would be a good start. To attract their attention during the celebrations for our inevitable umpteen touchdowns we might want to think about a UK Patriots flag that we each hold up? They could be reasonably cheap, I would have thought.

Keith

I don't have any say in the matter but I like that pin PatsFan :D

Say with "Pats @ Buccs" & "Wembley 2009" around the edges and the UK Patriots logo in the middle.........sweet ;)

We need to get permission to use the Flying Elvis really as it's part of our logo. I assume we got permission to use it on the website or didn't we need it as we're a non-profit making organisation :unsure:

we might want to think about a UK Patriots flag that we each hold up?

What .. A bit like this you mean .. ? ;):D

p1000083ka6.jpg

Also useful could be "letter rolls". These are large paper letters which roll into a two-handled paper thing to be unrolled. With the right planning and letters, we could make loads of different "words" for the cameras, .. UKPATRIOTS, NOISE, DEFENCE, TOUCHDOWN etc.

Steve; that looks to be exactly what we're looking for.

I was thinking of a general UK Patriots pin, but a gameday version might be worth considering. Things to bear in mind - we would have to be sure of shifting them on the day; no-one who misses the game will be interested in deadstock. Also, do the Bucs do pins for their home games (can't see any on their website)? Have pins been available at the previous Wembley games?

I haven't seen any other pins at the previous Wembley games, but I can't say I looked too hard with the teams that played & the scrum at most merchandise sales areas...

I can't see a problem with shifting 150 pins, depending on the design / selling price, & I can contact our supplier for acurate costs etc., if the Mods would like me to, no problem.

I haven't seen any other pins at the previous Wembley games, but I can't say I looked too hard with the teams that played & the scrum at most merchandise sales areas...

I can't see a problem with shifting 150 pins, depending on the design / selling price, & I can contact our supplier for acurate costs etc., if the Mods would like me to, no problem.

As Chief Merchandising Mod, I appoint you as our Official Matchday Pin Tsar.

p1000083ka6.jpg

Also useful could be "letter rolls". These are large paper letters which roll into a two-handled paper thing to be unrolled. With the right planning and letters, we could make loads of different "words" for the cameras, .. UKPATRIOTS, NOISE, DEFENCE, TOUCHDOWN etc.

And there I am modeling the original UK Patriots Road Trip Fleece.

Following from a number of comments over the last few days, I'm looking at this as a possibility:

hoodylarge.jpg

Probably with a UK Patriots logo on the lower arm, so it would be visible if you were wearing a jersey over it.

Price will likely be between £25-30 depending on how many we order.

Like the hood idea if we're gonna be sat in an uncovered area :)

How about the logo towards the front of the hood where it would be visible in raised or lowered position?

Can we hang back a bit with the sale of these as my credit card is getting pretty drained :D;)

Guest Keithj

Yes but I was thinking of something slightly smaller that we would each hold up rather than that one which appears to be the kind of width that needs two people for each one. It would have been nice if we could have had cards that made up a co-ordinated message of some sort when they were held up together but I think that's impractical.

That's more practical than my idea and would be highly visible. On the other hand, they're seen at every NFL game so it would be better of they were coloured or made more unusual in some way.

The TV companies sem to like the cards people hold up that use their intials to produce a funny saying. They should be fairly easy to make and we could run a competition for the best slogan. Anyone know which companies are likely to be doing the coverage or is it a BBC international feed with American comentators piggy-backing on the stream?

Keith

The TV companies sem to like the cards people hold up that use their intials to produce a funny saying. They should be fairly easy to make and we could run a competition for the best slogan. Anyone know which companies are likely to be doing the coverage or is it a BBC international feed with American comentators piggy-backing on the stream?

Keith

S K Y .. Go on, make a card out of that !! ;)

For the letters, I was thinking of individual letters rather than a one word roll, so that we can put them together for a larger "message" (so long as we all stand in the right order ;) )

S K Y .. Go on, make a card out of that !! ;)

For the letters, I was thinking of individual letters rather than a one word roll, so that we can put them together for a larger "message" (so long as we all stand in the right order ;) )

Yeah we dont want to end up all over the internet as that bunch of UK numpties who couldnt spell their slogan right!

Guest Keithj

For what the family has done for the franchise and the fanbase it's obvious:

Superior

Krafts

Yes!

:)

Keith

As Chief Merchandising Mod, I appoint you as our Official Matchday Pin Tsar.

Thank you Sir.... :D

I get on it....

How about we hold up the cards and wave to the VIP boxes:

Smile :)

Krafty

Yoohoo!

Or especially for SBD

Slobber!

Krispy Kremes

Yummy!

p1000083ka6.jpg

It's one thing to have a fan flag, but another to be selling it (even not for profit).

I personally like the idea of a beenie style hat. That way we'll all be able to get a semi uniform look. Anything that's under our jerseys is going to be lost on the cameras IMO. Imagine a sea of jerseys, all in the same hat. And no doubt we'll need them!

But on the silly front how about inflatable muskets and three-point hats? Or if we wanted to get something kinda in the theme of the patriots logo, but absolutely not the patriots logo, then how about getting a British Red Coat with a football? Then we've got access to slogans like "They're coming to the British!" or "The British are coming (and they're supporting the Pats!)".

And as for TV network anograms, we've obviously got plenty of room with the BBC. Bill Belichick's Champs.

UK Patriots Beanies - can get them for about £8.50 a throw. Minimum order ten. I think we may have found our first piece of 2009 UK Pat merchandise.

But on the silly front how about inflatable muskets and three-point hats?

That's a superb idea , our very own minutemen! Not strictly merchandising, but fancy dress why not ? .... although I can sense a monkey joke on the way now ;)

Okay guys- I'll bring the Krispy Kremes ....... fresh and warm........ do we want to sell them for our nominated charity- we can get a good deal on a quantity.... :rolleyes: .............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

m

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

m

m

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................................................

http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/Fundraising

Tri-cornered hats

£20 each, £18 if 10 or more

Won't we end up looking more like pirates and hence Buccs fans, than minutemen in these though?

Or worse still complete ****s

I'd prefer the beanie myself :ph34r: